shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

Davydenko .

Nikolay Davydenko Tommy Haas
    Although odds for Davy could be little higher, I consider this bet worth taking. The crucial difference IMO between these players is the number of sets they have played so far. Haas has two 5 setters behind him against Grosjean and Blake, he played 18 sets so far while Davydenko finished all his wins in straight sets, so he played 12 sets. Davy played quite impressive so far, giving his opponents a little chance to develop their game and making a small number of errors, playing very consistent and I think he will be too much for Haas today. Maybe Haas has slightly better serve than the Russian, but he was returning very good all the time so I don't see Haas in advantage here. As I mentioned, Haas has two 5 setters behind him, so I think he will be physically and mentally tired, which is a big minus against Davy, who is lately very consistent and his nerves serve him well. There is no difference in form between these two, but I think Haas will much more difficult job then with Blake, who practically beaten himself in the TB making some crucial mistakes and blowing the match. Davy is mentally much more stronger than the American and I see him winning today, because he was great all along.

Pick : Davydenko to win
    Odds : 1.55
    Stake : 8 / 10
    Bookmaker : Pinnacle
    Date : 2007-09-05

UncleChris
    UncleChris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally agree. Tommy playin amazing balls but he has way too much ups and downs in his game. His play is just not consistent enough to beat the "zero-unforced-error" machine Davydenko. My heart is with Tommy but I have little hope...

Maybe Davydenko gets troubles with his toes again

Denko looks like a good pick tough..

UncleChris
    UncleChris's Avatar Become A Pro!

One cant bet enough on Denko when he faces Haas. As usual a death match for tommy.