onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Hey Owned. Hopkins/Taylor

You really think Hopkins won this second fight? Did you even watch it? Hopkins didnt do anything in this fight, Taylor truely won it this time.

I wanted Hopkins to win, but didnt see anything that he did that would of gave him the win.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I had it 8 rounds for Hopkins, 3 for Taylor (rds 4, 6, and 11), and one 10-10 round (the 2nd). You have to ignore all of Lampley's BS during the fight, screaming and hollering everytime Taylor tried to push the pace and missing. What did Taylor do to win this fight? He was missing again, only able to snap a few jabs off here and there. He was definitely more aggressive, but those were wild shots that weren't connecting. B-Hop was doing a lot of work on the inside when Taylor was the one holding everytime Hopkins started up a combo. Hopkins landed more punches, at a higher percentage, and a ton more power shots. He landed that counter straight right time and time again on Taylor. Watch the replay with no volume and if you think Taylor won any of these following rounds: 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12, I'll be glad to discuss what you saw in each of those rounds at what time. I thought those six rounds were easily Hopkins rounds. In round 1, what did JT land with besides those 3 or 4 rabbit punches he threw. Hopkins landed the only effective shot in that round with that crisp left hook counter. Round 3 was a swing round, but I gave that one to X, because Taylor wasn't able to connect with more than just a few weak jabs, while I saw X befuddling JT with his defense and doing work on the inside.

moses millsap

And out of the 3 on HBO who know their stuff (Max, Manny, and RJJ) and aren't puppets for the HBO power machine, 2 of the 3 (Max and RJJ) thought Hopkins won and Manny had Taylor winning only 6-5-1. Maxboxing had it 7-4-1 for B-Hop and I'm sure most ringside experts had the fight for Hopkins. I loved it when Merchant was whining about who wants to see a fight like this and RJJ quickly fired back with something to the effect of "true fans who really appreciate and understand boxing". But this result, along with the first one, just goes to show boxing is all flash.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I didnt score it myself, but no I didnt think Taylor ran away with it. If anything it should of been a draw. But Hopkins was holding too, and he didnt do to many combo shots. Mostly one hit and done type shit that was pissing me off. Trust me, I dont listen to Lampley and didnt see anything that could have Hopkins winning all those rounds you say. Good thing they dont have you as a judge. But really, it should of been a draw once again, and Hopkins isnt the same. He should of took Taylor out, but I think the age is catching up with him. He should retire.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Mostly one hit and done type shit that was pissing me off.
    Yes, but those shots were landing flush and hurting Taylor. Taylor's wild, aggressive 3 or 4 punch combo's weren't hitting anything but the air and Hopkins' arms. Those 6 rounds were clearly X's rounds. I hope Taylor fights Winky, but HBO will probably guard their investment, because they know Taylor is a fraud champion and will get his a$$ handed to him by Winky.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Yes, but those shots were landing flush and hurting Taylor. Taylor's wild, aggressive 3 or 4 punch combo's weren't hitting anything but the air and Hopkins' arms. Those 6 rounds were clearly X's rounds. I hope Taylor fights Winky, but HBO will probably guard their investment, because they know Taylor is a fraud champion and will get his a$$ handed to him by Winky.
    Yes, Winky should be the next fight for Taylor. And Winky should handle Taylor. But Im sure Taylor and company will line up some easy fights to pad that record a bit and the end of next year the Winky/Taylor fight will take place.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Yes, Winky should be the next fight for Taylor. And Winky should handle Taylor. But Im sure Taylor and company will line up some easy fights to pad that record a bit and the end of next year the Winky/Taylor fight will take place.
    His whole record is padded.