Dhuepaxuz
    Dhuepaxuz's Avatar Become A Pro!

R Nadal v R Federer (Who will win)..?

Your thoughts!

Thanx

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't lay that type of wood at all, but Nadal will win this match!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I'll cheer for Federer if I'm awake, but I think Nadal wins and would bet Nadal if I could.

bigboydan

This one on the Tennis Channel live?

gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuepaxus View Post
    Your thoughts!
    Thanx
    Oh I don't know, I think I'd pick the guy who has an 81 game winning streak on clay, and has beaten Federer every time they've met on this surface (including the French twice) and beat him the one time they played on a half-clay/half-grass court as well, even though it was only an exhibition!!!

Besides, the great Federer has been in a funk this year after winning the Australian, which was his 10th slam win. He has lost twice to Canas and also lost to another no-namer. He looks bored, and being bored is not the way to go into a Nadal match on clay.

I'll take Nadal in 2 sets.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Nadal....Federer is Nadal's bitch on clay.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    This one on the Tennis Channel live?
    Yes Dan, at 5 am PST Sunday morning

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Nadal....Federer is Nadal's bitch on clay.
    EVERYBODY is Nadal's bitch on clay. The guy has won 81 in a row on the dirt..

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

People take Sets from Nadal. Nadal in 3.

framboise
    framboise's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me, Nadal will win.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

WTF, no line for this match at betjm??

framboise
    framboise's Avatar Become A Pro!

you will not find any tennis matches to bet on at betjamaica unless it's a major tournament.
    Last edited by framboise; 05-20-07 at 01:21 AM. Reason: correction

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by Wheell View Post
    People take Sets from Nadal. Nadal in 3.
    Yes they do, when it's a "best of 5" and on clay, Nadal will typically win 3-1, but sometimes 3-0.

This match is a "best of 3", so I'll be surprised if Roger gets one off him, especially considering the funk that Federer has been in since the Australian, and the clay-court mastery of one Rafa Nadal.

I'll go with Rafa in 2 sets, 6-4, 6-4.

romaine
    romaine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't seen Nadal play in Hamburg but saw Fed yesterday and it wasn't too convincing. Does Roger have a chance? He sure does but it better be a very hot and dry day otherwise he'll be done and over with in no time, I think. The odds however on Nadal aren't high enough imho to back him against Fed. I mean this are still the 2 best players facing each other in the Finals, so I'll rather stay out of it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You have to be crazy to bet Roger, the due theory is gone now, Raffy just much better on that surface.

moses millsap

Nadal won 1st set 6-2.
    Federer won 2nd set 6-2.
    Federer leads in the 3rd and final set 3-0

moses millsap

Federer breaks again in the 3rd set. Serving and up 4-0.

Dhuepaxuz
    Dhuepaxuz's Avatar Become A Pro!

And we all thought Nadal was an easy Win.

On a one on one sport, never take it for granted.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I for one was extremely shocked to see the result of today's match. Not only did Rafa lose, but he lost the last two sets 6-2, 6-0! The odds on that would have been astronomical as Federer doesn't blow anyone out like that on clay, and we all know Nadal's accomplishments. Absolutely stunning!

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes an unbelievable result,maybe nadal was carrying an injury of some sort if not then nadal could be in danger of losing his french crown.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuepaxus View Post
    And we all thought Nadal was an easy Win.

On a one on one sport, never take it for granted.
    Never take ANY sport for granted -- huge upsets happen in team sports too!

Nadal was too big a favorite to bet on, as Dan alluded to early in the thread, but nonetheless this is pretty shocking.

But, in the past 81 matches on clay, Nadal may have been a dog only once or twice, which were probably the first 2 matches. Let's assume you started betting him on clay based on a few things:

1) He has been a top prospect since he was a young teen.
    2) He's a Spaniard, and Spaniards have a long, long tradition of being the best clay court players in the world. Just check the French Open winners throughout history -- I'm quite sure most of them are Spaniards.

So, if you started betting him back when the streak began, or say when he started as a fav in matches on clay, you'd either be 81-1 or maybe 78-1, up until today.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd take that.

P.S. All this upset does is spice up the French now and believe me that Nadal will be ready.

Fed just fired his coach (Tony Roche) last week so maybe that gave him the extra burst he needed today. No Roche means a new approach?

bigboydan

Wow! I didn't see this one happening at all. I guess this puts a monkey wrench in the French Open.

gridironguy

Dan, I think it makes the French more compelling. Roger will go in with much more confidence than he would have had if he would have been beaten again by Nadal on clay.

Nadal needs to put the 81 game winning streak behind him now, and concentrate on winning his 3rd French in a row. I hope he meets Fed again, and I think he'll beat Fed again when the big lights of Roland Garros are on..

bigboydan

I'm just hoping the odds on Nadal winning the French Open go down big, so I can capitalize on it from a value stand point.

vanman

If you think that 1.57 represents value then fill your boots

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    If you think that 1.57 represents value then fill your boots
    No! I said I hope there will become some value after Nadal's loss today.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think now maybe Roger takes control even on clay, this had to be

a huge boost of confidence for Roger

vanman

No! I said I hope there will become some value after Nadal's loss today.
    How about 1.67 with expekt,i think that is as good as it will get

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Nadal will win in 4 sets.
    1) Nadal 6-4
    2) Nadal 6-3
    3) Federer 6-4
    4) Nadal 6-3
    But Nadal will win

Mistaflava
    Mistaflava's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roger Federer @3.00 over Rafael Nadal ($5000 to win $10000)

There is a lot to be said, a lot to be learned and now is not the time to bet with your cocks. So forget about which player is your favourite, forget about which player you love and think more of how much more you could love them if they show you some cash ****in money by winning or losing this match.I am not a big fan of Roger Federer's and I am not a big fan of the way he plays but right off the bat, the oddsmakers have slapped him in the face and dropped huge underdog odds on him. There comes a time in a every professional athletes life where all they really want to do is accomplish what they could not in the past. It happens in the NHL, all the guys want their names on the Stanley Cup before they retire. It happens in basketball, all the veteran guys like Karl Malone want a ring before they retire. Pete Sampras is one of the greatest of all-time but his legacy will never be the same as some of the other tennis greats who have won each slam at least once. That's how it works. Guys are remembered for championships won more than personal accomplishments which is why Roger Federer needs this win more than anything else in his career. However, the biggest mistake people tend to make is comparing Sampras with Federer. Pete Sampras won only 63% of his career matches on clay courts, was 24-13 at the French Open and never once reached the FINAL. Roger Federer has won almost 80% of his career matches on clay courts and is 26-7 at the French Open having reached the FINAL once and lost to Nadal. My point here is that Federer is twenty times more likely to win Roland Garros than Sampras was and nobody seems to understand that. For me it all started in Hamburg, and yes I know Nadal was tired but he's young and he's fit, when Federer ended Nadal record shattering win streak on clay courts. Not only did that win give Roger the kind of confidence boost he needed heading into the French Open but it also let Roger know that he can beat Nadal on this surface and he can beat him good. You also all forget that Roger took the first set from Nadal in last year's final and was within a few points of forcing a fifth set. The last 12 months have been a very good indication of what Roger's intentions are that those intentions are to win the French Open. Since last year's finals loss to Nadal, Federer is 32-0 in BEST OF FIVE SETS matches having destroyed everyone in his path while Nadal has shown at times that he is vulnerable and beatable. His losses to Federer in Hamburg, Gonzalez at the Australian Open and Mikhail Youzhny at the US Open are all signs to me that Rafa is not untouchable and that Roger has really stepped his game up since their meeting a year ago. The year leading up to Federer's loss in last year's French Open final, he had lost to Nadal in Rome, he had lost to Nadal in Monte Carlo and he had lost to David Nalbandian in Shanghai. Well this time around guys not only did he beat Nadal prior to the French Open but he also beat every single opponent he faced in a BEST OF FIVE SET match...something he has never done leading up to a French Open tournament. Believe me when I tell you guys that Roger is ready, Roger is loaded and Roger is more than capable of finally winning this elusive tournament. He is not getting younger so it's not like he would be okay with a loss here, it would be devastating. Nadal has yet to lose a set in this tournament but Federer is the one guy who probably has Nadal a little bit worried right and I say that only because he finally lost to him on clay courts and he is well aware what this tournament means to Roger. I you checkout my situation rating below, let it be known that Nadal had a big advantage on this heading into last year's final (and he won of course) but this year he does not. I am not going to discuss this match anymore but this is my largest wager of the year in tennis and I could not have been happier to have odds like this on the best all-around tennis player in the planet. GO FEDERER!

Roger Federer Situation Rating: 5.69
    Rafael Nadal Situation Rating: 4.90

Edge: Federer by 0.79

Wheell

Mistflava: Federer might be the right play but there is no way on Earth that Federer can be rated higher than Nadal on either Clay or, more specifically, on Clay at the French Open. You are pulling 4.9 and 5.69 out of your ass one way or another.

bigboydan

Nadal won again today against Federer.

I don't think Nadal has ever lost a moth at the French Open in his whole career.

Wheell

Nadal has never even lost two sets in a match at the french open.

gridironguy

Nadal won again today against Federer.

I don't think Nadal has ever lost a moth at the French Open in his whole career.
    This is correct Dan.

In 3 yrs playing at the French, Nadal is 21-0 in matches, and 63-7 in sets.

He only lost one set this 2007 French Open run, and that set was to Federer today.

Borg had 6 French Open titles. If Nadal stays healthy, he can have 6 by 2010 and he'll only be 24 yrs young by then..

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal is just a freak at the French Open.. It's weird

12 Last