Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

And the Piper merchandise is flying off the shelves at Ebay.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

RIP Rowdy Roddy

Kermit

Ronda Rousey should come out to Piper's bagpipe music tomorrow night.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Kermit

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

"I Did It My Way"

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

This is getting tough for me. First Dusty, now Roddy. Yet, pieces of trash like Hulk continue to roam the Earth. Only the good die young.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Classic stuff the guy was a legend the party lifestyle does most of these guys in

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    having known a few guys in the business, they tell me the number one thing that takes them out is the multiple pills being popped each day due to in the ring injuries. They say that if you take time off to properly heal, you lose your spot. They become addicted to the pills and up the amount daily. They have to take uppers to work, downers to sleep amongst the constant travel. I remember it almost happened to Kurt Angle. You add that in with the amount of alcohol, steroids, cocaine and other assorted drug use ingested in a 24 hour a day rock n roll lifestyle, its no wonder. Look at all the greats from the 80's, Macho, Warrior, Rude, Perfect, Now Roddy. Scott Hall must have iron organs.
    Knew the Von Erichs as a kid and fukked that whole family up except for Kevin..

Used to hit up the Sportatorium in Dallas and watch the matches with the free birds and Kamala back in the day

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    having known a few guys in the business, they tell me the number one thing that takes them out is the multiple pills being popped each day due to in the ring injuries. They say that if you take time off to properly heal, you lose your spot. They become addicted to the pills and up the amount daily. They have to take uppers to work, downers to sleep amongst the constant travel. I remember it almost happened to Kurt Angle. You add that in with the amount of alcohol, steroids, cocaine and other assorted drug use ingested in a 24 hour a day rock n roll lifestyle, its no wonder. Look at all the greats from the 80's, Macho, Warrior, Rude, Perfect, Now Roddy. Scott Hall must have iron organs.
    This problem with wrestlers dying escalated when wrestling got rid of the territories, and went completely national. These guys are expected to travel all over the country 300 days a year, work through injuries, and still stay in pristine shape. At least when they worked in the territory era, they were limited to a small section of the country. They also have to do all of these crazy acrobatic moves nowadays. In the territory days, you would see someone in a headlock for 1-2 minutes at a time. Too loose of a profession nowadays, as far as I'm concerned.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    This problem with wrestlers dying escalated when wrestling got rid of the territories, and went completely national. These guys are expected to travel all over the country 300 days a year, work through injuries, and still stay in pristine shape. At least when they worked in the territory era, they were limited to a small section of the country. They also have to do all of these crazy acrobatic moves nowadays. In the territory days, you would see someone in a headlock for 1-2 minutes at a time. Too loose of a profession nowadays, as far as I'm concerned.
    makes a lot of sense.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Classic stuff the guy was a legend the party lifestyle does most of these guys in

I think based on some of your videos you would fit great as a wrestling manager.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

The guy was a nut; and that is why I loved him

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I always get bummed out when wrestlers pass away. So many memories. Rip

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

My other buddy who owns a tanning salon (sold it years ago..) Told me the story when I believe... it was Lex Luger pulled up with Miss Elizabeth in a Limo. I think this is when Luger worked for WCW. My friend told me... they just arrived out of Metro Detroit airport. Luger was groggy and slurred his speech. He said he was tired from all the shows. Said he was driving to Grand Rapids, Michigan for the WCW Live show. Luger and Elizabeth both tanned.

Then he said.. after the show... we have to drive from Grand Rapids to Detroit... and then fly for another show the next day.

But then you see reports like this from ESPN.com The story of Lex Luger "Confessions Of A Drug Abuser"

It makes you wonder... yes wrestlers live stressful lives... but they aren't helping themselves by taking more illegal substances.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14742

One of the all-time best. Can still think back to many moments with Piper.

• The buildup to WM1
    • His anti Rock & Wrestling
    • Piper's Pit - especially the ones leading to WM 3
    • His face turn - best heel ever but was too popular to stay that way
    • His comeback in WCW
    • Great matches with Ric Flair and Bret Hart

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hogan & Flair about the only ones from the 80s left

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My other buddy who owns a tanning salon (sold it years ago..) Told me the story when I believe... it was Lex Luger pulled up with Miss Elizabeth in a Limo. I think this is when Luger worked for WCW. My friend told me... they just arrived out of Metro Detroit airport. Luger was groggy and slurred his speech. He said he was tired from all the shows. Said he was driving to Grand Rapids, Michigan for the WCW Live show. Luger and Elizabeth both tanned.

Then he said.. after the show... we have to drive from Grand Rapids to Detroit... and then fly for another show the next day.

But then you see reports like this from ESPN.com The story of Lex Luger "Confessions Of A Drug Abuser"

It makes you wonder... yes wrestlers live stressful lives... but they aren't helping themselves by taking more illegal substances.
    ..and that's exactly what I'm saying. I agree with you and Bloke. I think that this move to nationalizing the profession has led to more drug use. When I was watching wrestling in the late 70's/early 80's, you had some bodybuilders, but nothing like now. Between steroids, uppers, downers, etc, its no wonder we've seen so many of these guys die early. Here's a perfect video of the difference between the old 'rasslin guard and the new one. This i a wrestling show confrontation between two guys who just started in the industry (Sting and Ultimate Warrior), and a local Memphis wrestler, Phil Hickerson. Look at the physique difference 30 years ago. I love how Hikerson says that they like to get shots in "that bootie". By the way, while Warrior has recently passed on, that fat Phil Hickerson is still alive and doing well, never making it to the big stage.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    and don't forget the Undertaker!......at age 50, and still active in the ring...He's fighting Brock Lesnar in a few weeks at Summerslam.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

thanks Roddy for the memories of Piper's Pit growing up
    and the classic They Live.

DustyRhodes
    DustyRhodes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Me
    You
    Who's Next?
    R.I.P. Brother

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I went to Wrestlemania 1 and was rooting for Hot Rod. He was a big-time family man as was Dusty. Just doesn't seem fair. These 2 wrestlers had 1 thing in common-CHARISMA

TheMoneyShot

The way Piper spazzed out all the time... was he on Coke?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Cardiac arrest

Anyone know why WWF wrestlers die so young?
    Very hard on the body worse than mma if you can believe that getting slammed 2k times a year isn't good we used to share a gym with some of the new japan pro wrestlers (Antonio anoki's group) wrestling is fake but doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    As many steroids as he did and him being a larger man I'd expect the hulk ster to go any day now ....soon I'd death pool him this racism shit probably didn't help the stress levels

teaserpleaser

Oh and I forgot they live hard drugs weed girls a lot of drinking staying up late on the road ...iron sheik has a tremendous doc on netflix. Wonder if he knows he could make $ being an mma wrestling coach he has a hell of a resume was a hell of ammy wrestler

First 12