bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer finally loses a match

I can't believe that Guillermo Canas was the guy who broke Roger Federer's 41-match winning streak today.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I saw that when I got home last night. I can't believe Willie pulled this one off, what a way to come back from his steroid suspension. LOL.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I can't believe that Guillermo Canas was the guy who broke Roger Federer's 41-match winning streak today.
    The irony was that Roger was beaten by an Argentine. Vilas, an Argentine, is the one who currently holds the record for most consecutive wins at 46. Roger played terrible. He blew 2 set points in the 1st set and made 43 unforced errors. Canas just kept getting everything back. I think he only made 9 unforced errors in the match...ridiculous stat. Canas was a 28 to 1 underdog in this match.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wish I had a few bucks on this one. 28/1 is pretty nice.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canas beat Roger Federer yet again 2 weeks later

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Standing near the net, looking up at the ball coming almost straight down in the twilight, Roger Federer hesitated.

Should he hit an overhead or let it bounce?

With the match on the line, the world's greatest player made the wrong choice, took a swing when the ball reached chest level and whacked it into the net.

Two points later, Federer had lost to his new nemesis. Guillermo Canas beat Federer for the second time this month, 7-6 (2), 2-6, 7-6 (5) in a fourth-round epic at the Sony Ericsson Open.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Money line on Canas moved from +1200 to +700. Hope Roger gets another chance to redeem himself. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

federers reign is coming to an end,he would have lost in the previous round had almagro believed in himself.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Money line on Canas moved from +1200 to +700. Hope Roger gets another chance to redeem himself. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
    No no no you did not say it right. I prefer the bush saying.

Fool me once. Shame on. Shame on you. If you fool me you can't get fooled again.