jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Golfers are such puzzzzies

Ian Poulter, among others, is tired of hearing spectators scream nonsense just after players swing at PGA Tour events.

He's fed up with that vocal minority of fans who are out there every week but who seemed particularly loud after players hit shots during the PGA Championship — "Mashed potatoes," "Baba Booey," "Chewbacca" and the long-standing staple "Get in the Hole" being among their favorites.

IAN POULTER: Use a taser on the loudmouths

He took to Twitter to express his frustration Sunday, following up Tuesday with a statement of confidence that the PGA Tour will handle it.

But PGA Tour communications chief Ty Votaw told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday he's not sure what can be done.

"I don't know if it is any more of a concern than it has been, and I'm not sure it has been that much of a concern. As long as they don't do it during a player's swing, it's difficult to police," Votaw said. "We clearly want people to have a good time when they come, but we also want them to be respectful, to not only the players but to their fellow spectators.

"It might be worse in certain places. But we'll keep looking into it."

Poulter fired off a series of tweets following the PGA Championship on Sunday, including this one: "We should be allowed to take 10,000 volt tazers onto the course and tazer every muppet who shouts out something stupid. I would laugh then."

Poulter was not alone. Other players, including Jim Furyk, turned back to stare intently at the gallery after outbursts. CBS analyst Nick Faldo spoke on the air about how annoying it was, to players and everyone else.

The problem is just what Votaw noted — what can be done? Undercover marshals warning and then ejecting an overly loud fan? Spectators policing themselves and perhaps shaming loud fans to stop yelling? Turning off the course microphones?

And what sayings would deem ejection? Is it OK to scream "Go, Tiger" but not "Spaghetti and meatballs"?

Jason Dufner, who won the PGA Championship by two shots, appeared on The Howard Stern Show on Tuesday, in large part because Poulter got into a Twitter tussle with the King of All Media. "Baba Booey" is the nickname of the Stern show's producer, Gary Dell'Abate, and Stern corrected Poulter's spelling of the nickname in a tweet. To which Poulter replied to point out that he has more followers on Twitter than Stern does.

So there Dufner was fielding questions from Stern, who even suggested that Dufner, in next week's The Barclays tournament in New Jersey, should hit a drive and then yell "Baba Booey." And Stern said he thinks Poulter will hear a load of "Baba Booeys" if he plays in the tournament.

"It doesn't bother me — it happens after the swing," Dufner said. "Sometimes the stuff's pretty funny that they say."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...booey/2650775/

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

hey nickell go fukk yourself pal

sometimes they try to time it perfectly and catch it on the downswing

clapping and noise during the whole fukkin shot is different than a fart in silence, timed half second before you hit the ball

learn something

jnickell100

It's always right after contact has been made with the ball, not in the backswing. Golf is a sport right? Why can you not talk in golf but can talk while a pitch is thrown in baseball? How about taking a game winning free throw. Golfers are mental midgets.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    It's always right after contact has been made with the ball, not in the backswing. Golf is a sport right? Why can you not talk in golf but can talk while a pitch is thrown in baseball? How about taking a game winning free throw. Golfers are mental midgets.
    i love how ignorant you are.

golf might not be a sport based on physical demands, but i would argue against that as well

to say mental midgets just shows how clueless you are.

ask any pro in any other sport about which is the toughest mentally,then get back to me.

thanks pal

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I like Golf. Its relaxing and i love drivinng the golf cart and drinking beer and smoking blunts while i'm playing.

however there are many
    "little bitch" types around the golf scene.

just ignore them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roy Halladay

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i love how ignorant you are.

golf might not be a sport based on physical demands, but i would argue against that as well

to say mental midgets just shows how clueless you are.

ask any pro in any other sport about which is the toughest mentally,then get back to me.

thanks pal
    Baseball: hitting 100 mph ball while opposing pitcher tries to make you swing and miss. All while 40k fans are talking screaming yelling.

Golf: ball in laying on the ground waiting there for you to hit. Cannot block out others who talk. Wahhhhhh

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I like Golf. Its relaxing and i love drivinng the golf cart and drinking beer and smoking blunts while i'm playing.

however there are many
    "little bitch" types around the golf scene.

just ignore them
    I also like golf BB. However, I go with buddies. We drink and have fun. Talk shit to each other don't care if we're talking in each others backswing. Doesn't and shouldn't bother anyone golfing.

RudyRuetigger

Baseball: hitting 100 mph ball while opposing pitcher tries to make you swing and miss. All while 40k fans are talking screaming yelling.

Golf: ball in laying on the ground waiting there for you to hit. Cannot block out others who talk. Wahhhhhh
    please come back with a relative argument

but yes, golfers do play their foul balls

RudyRuetigger

by the way your argument is borderline fukkin insane/retarded person.

a 100mph pitch is all reaction time, not a mental thought process

how fukkin dumb are you pal?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

ian poulter's a bitch.

never liked that clown.

jnickell100

Basketball, last second free throw to win the game. Adam viniteri game winning Super Bowl fg. Thanks
    and lol thinking going to bat is not mental. You've obviously never played baseball guy.

RudyRuetigger

Basketball, last second free throw to win the game. Adam viniteri game winning Super Bowl fg. Thanks
    did you not read my post about the difference between a big continuous noise and an all of a sudden out of nowhere shock?

or did you not read my post about the countless athletes in a variety of sports talk about how golf is the most mentally demanding.

if you want to argue the physical side, fine I wont argue even though i could win that too. for you to argue the mental side makes you fukkin dumb though.

jnickell100

Lets salute Jason dufner a real golfer and not a puzz like poulter

—Stern: "It's a phenomenon. On the one hand, I understand golf is a game of concentration. And anybody yelling anything out is verboten. But it's usually after the guy hits. But does it ever enter your psyche, like, 'After I hit this ball, someone's going to yell Baba Booey?'

—Dufner: "No, I never think of that. It doesn't bother me. Like you said, nobody does it while we're swinging or before we're swinging. It happens afterwards. Obviously, people are trying to get noticed. And clowning away that way. But sometimes the stuff is pretty funny that they say, you know?"

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

jnickell100

If you're not able to block out someone yelling AFTER you shot, you're mentally soft. End of thread. Fact, some guys it doesn't bother like dufner, they don't crack under pressure like poulter who is unable to block this stuff out. He's mentally soft. Rather than own up to his shitty play, he'd rather blame it on someone else. What a puzz

RudyRuetigger

Im not arguing poulters mental stability.

hell at one time when tiger was dominating he thought him and tiger were best 2 in the world

And I'm not arguing what happens after the shot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

40% of golfers are gay
    They also are elitists
    jerkoffs a better word though
    spolied rich kids

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    40% of golfers are gay
    They also are elitists
    jerkoffs a better word though
    spolied rich kids
    something tells me gold has experience with that 40%

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how do you think he paid back that $27,000 loss?

one dikk at a time took a long time so he hung out at those country clubs.

same shit twice the pay. less dikk more cash...