EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aussie Open: Women's Semis

Value picks are pretty much out the window at this point as the #s I am getting find neither match to have a substantial favorite. But you still get nice prices if you pick 'em right!

Sharapova (-120) vs. Clijsters (-115)
    Clijsters is 4-2 against Maria, but Maria has won the last two meetings in straight sets including a November match. It's really a coin flip because they've both been playing good tennis. I'll lean with Sharapova because Clijsters was pushed by Hingis yesterday.

Serena Williams (-115) vs. Nicole Vaidisova (-120)
    No career match-ups between these two, which is why I go with the experienced player in Serena Williams. She's been a good money maker during the Open and I don't expect that to stop in this round. Should be competitive though as Serena has not really dominated anyone in the tourny, but she has battled hard.

So the picks are Sharapova and Serena for me. GL!

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. Clijsters -110
    2. Vaidisova -120

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clijsters
    Serena

I think both will go to 3 sets.

EaglesPhan36

Public money is coming in on Vaidisova apparently. I wound up taking Serena at even odds.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lot of late money must have come in on Serena then, because I took her @ -115 right before the match... Lovin that she started the match gettin broken in the 1st game!
    2-0 now early... Serena has started bad in her last 2 matches! Let's hope she gets it together!

EaglesPhan36

Serena wins in straights. Good start to the night. Sharapova is my barometer for what I'm doing on the Roddick match. If she wins, I go bigger on Roddick. If not, I stay with the small wager on Roddick. What the hell! Let it ride.

Peyton2MarvinN06

I have a Serena-Clisters parlay riding right now! I had Serena straight up as well, but figured I'd take a chance on the parlay! of the two as Clisters is playin really well right now... The more I keep thinking about this Roddick-Federer showdown the more I'm thinking that Roddick has no chance, but hey he looks new and improved so we shall see! I just don't know that anyone has a chance against Federer in a best of 5 sets match... He's so good that he could go down 2-0 and have no confidence lost at all and still win in 5... WE WILL SEE!

EaglesPhan36

Sharapova wins in straights. Gonna go a little bigger on the long shot with Roddick due to the winnings, still expecting Federer to win - but the odds at my book are up to +365 for Roddick. Gonna burn that midnight oil and watch some of it in a couple hours.

Tchocky

I got both matches wrong. I don't think Vaidisova is a big match player; she seems to crumble in big matches. Very disappointed in Kim...I had picked her to win the title. I'm rooting for the Gorilla.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky
    I got both matches wrong. I don't think Vaidisova is a big match player; she seems to crumble in big matches. Very disappointed in Kim...I had picked her to win the title. I'm rooting for the Gorilla.
    Who's taking a shot with Serena in the final? If Sharapova plays like she did against Clisters, I don't think Serena has a chance... However, with the amount of double faults Sharapova has had, I think Serena will take advantage unlike Clisters... Sharapova had several break points gift wrapped for Clisters and she still was unable to take advantage of them... Poor play all the way by Kim... Very unlike her...

Tchocky

Serena has an excellent chance of beating Sharapova. She's worth a small play.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Tchocky, I'm with you on this one bro... I would just love to see Serena win for the hell of it... I will be making a play on her though... If Sharapova has as many double faults tonight as she did against Clisters, she will lose the match! Serena won't give away the chances like Kim did!

Peyton2MarvinN06

WOW! Talk about total domination so far by Serena! 6-1 and breaks in the first game of the 2nd! She's looking real solid! About ready to go from ranked 81st starting the tournament to 14th after winning this match! WOW!

EaglesPhan36

Damn skippy. Serena single handedly adjusted my bankroll in the last 2 weeks. She was a good underdog bet in I think at least 5 of her matches including an awesome +200 tonight! Hope you guys cashed in like me!