EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aussie Open: Tues 1-23

Monday matches went easily to the faves. 0-1 on the value pick, but wasn't real strong about it.

I really think in the two men's matches, you'll see one of the underdogs get through on Tuesday.

#12 Haas +140 vs. #3 Davydenko
    Davydenko has won both lifetime meetings, but Haas had him down 2 sets to none in the US Open last year before Davydenko rallied. Davydenko also worked harder in his last match against Berdych.

#10 Fernando Gonzalez vs. #2 Rafael Nadal
    Gonzalez is 2-1 vs. Nadal, but those two wins came in 2004 & 2003 before Nadal really burst onto the scene. Most recent meeting was May 2006, Nadal won in straights. However, I think Gonzalez stands chance at the upset after he crushed James Blake and Nadal had to survive a 5 setter vs. Andy Murray.

I'd give the edge to playing Haas at +140.

On the ladies side, I'd say to stuff your money in your pocket unless you want bad odds on the faves. Clijsters owns Hingis and has been dominant in Australia. Sharapova should defeat fellow Russian Anna Chakvetadze, although I expect a competitive match there that might be tighter than expected. GL!
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-23-07 at 01:23 AM.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. Haas +146 over Davydenko
    2. Nadal -186 over Gonzalez
    3. Sharapova 2-0 over Chakvetadze -156
    4. Clijsters 2-0 over Hingis -152

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36
    Monday matches went easily to the faves. 0-1 on the value pick, but wasn't real strong about it.

I really think in the two men's matches, you'll see one of the underdogs get through on Tuesday.

#12 Haas +140 vs. #3 Davydenko
    Davydenko has won both lifetime meetings, but Haas had him down 2 sets to none in the US Open last year before Davydenko rallied. Davydenko also worked harder in his last match against Berdych.

#10 Fernando Gonzalez vs. #2 Rafael Nadal
    Gonzalez is 2-1 vs. Nadal, but those two wins came in 2004 & 2003 before Nadal really burst onto the scene. Most recent meeting was May 2006, Nadal won in straights. However, I think Gonzalez stands chance at the upset after he crushed James Blake and Nadal had to survive a 5 setter vs. Andy Murray.

I'd give the edge to playing Haas at +140.

On the ladies side, I'd say to stuff your money in your pocket unless you want bad odds on the faves. Clijsters owns Hingis and has been dominant in Australia. Sharapova should defeat fellow Russian Anna Chakvetadze, although I expect a competitive match there that might be tighter than expected. GL!
    Nice day yesterday. I really didn't give Gonzo much of a chance against Nadal. I heard Rafa complaining about some pain in his butt which was affecting his ability to run. Masha won in 2 ugly sets and Clijsters got pushed to 3 sets.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I was happy with Haas winning, so I didn't press my luck with Gonzo, should have obviously.