butter674
    butter674's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Does anyone cap GOLF, NASCAR, MMA?

I've found the lines have become much, much sharper over the years in the four major professional sports and NCAA BB and FB. As a result it has put more pressure on sports handicappers to become sharper as well. A few years ago I realized the lines in MMA were very soft and underdogs were very profitable. With the every increasing popularity of MMA the lines have become sharper (still room though). I have never been one to cap tennis, golf, NASCAR but I am left wondering if the less popular sports have a bit more room in the lines for sharps to take advantage of. Please let me know if you do wager on the fringe sports and what your methodology is.

Thanks and GL

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

you've come to the right place for nascar

just follow mikes weekly thread with all the regulars in there it's a good bunch of people with lots of knowledge

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont cap any of them myself, just dont have enough knowledge in them, but sometimes take positions based on other peoples knowledge, more so futures than matchups. Have had soso results, for the most part I think there is more value to be had in these sports than the major US sports. A popular opinion seems to be live betting will be a must going forward, and it certainly makes sense for leagues like NBA where large runs arent too uncommon.

Been looking around for people that does other motor sports than nascar, maybe mostly f1 given its got some decent volume, but not had much luck with that.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I pound wrastlers in MMA.

*no homo

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

I play golf a little bit. It's best to keep an eye out for playing the field over the opening leader after day 1 or day 2. Those lines often have value. Anyone within two strokes has a chance after 2 days, and if top golfers are within 4, they are in the mix as well.

Also keep an eye out for lines being off on big name golfers. The field over Tiger Woods was somewhere around -265 this weekend. The field should always be better than -300 at the start of an event - even if it's that golfer's best event. In the above example, Tiger placed tied for 64th. McIlroy has been great to fade this year as well.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Tennis is good, with only 2 individuals to cap.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I have had small success betting pga tour 3balls on thurs-fri. U get great odds so even if u hit 2 for 5 u will be up $, also if players in the group tie u get ur wager back. Once they break into 2somes on sat-sun the odds go way down and there is a tie option so I don't play them on the weekends. A good tip in betting golf is if a player goes off one day, u should fade him the next day cuz they never back up a great round with another dynomite round. (Unless the player is tiger) bol

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

It Takes a very longtime to be good enough to make great money betting NASCAR and even then u have to put in many many hours were week, i put in easily 30+ hours every single race Week. But the rewards for it are tremendous profit wise. But again, u really have to know what ur doing and put in alot of time in research and watching odds. U also can't be afraid to risk alot

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Mike is the Man

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

fandango.jpg

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Just look for the --5mike5 thread every week.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

butter asking a gambling board if they gamble on certain sports

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

@DJS123sports on twitter is the best at golf