sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Monday Night Football (NRL)

Monday Night Football

NRL

NZ @ Brisbane

Broncos
    Tough to beat at home. Underrated and plenty of talent coming through from the juniors led by super "ranga" Jack Reed (who is currently out injured). More importantly the Broncos have lost 4 key players to origin duty, none more important than X-factor Justin Hodges, they are simply such a more dynamic/dangerous team with him on the park. The Broncos biggest strength is their mobile, skillful and dynamic pack and it has been completely gutted with Thaiday, Parker and Gillett all away on origin duty.

The biggest challenge clubs face against the Warriors week in and week out is how to match up against their monster forward pack, and the Broncos will now field a very average pack against the likes of Rapira, Packer, Mannering, Mateo and Taylor. So strong is the Warriors pack they Matulino and Lillyman are coming of the bench. Of course as talented as the Warriors pack is, very rarely do they "put it all together" at the same time, and as great individually as all these forwards are they can at times be prone to the most basic of errors. Last week the massive Bulldogs pack ran rampant over the Broncos (and that was with Thaiday, Gillett and Parker in the team), so how will they fare this week against an equally gigantic pack and now fielding some 2nd tier players in their pack?

Warriors
    On paper the Warriors have arguably the most talented list in the NRL and this same list took them to a grand final appearance only 2 years ago.They still have all the key players (other than Maloney) and as always talented rookies coming through from the juniors, led by "the Hurricane" Conrad Hurrell who has been recalled from the Auckland Vulcans where he has been residing for the last month after getting dropped for his poor defensive efforts.

This is what I really like - as unpredictable as the Warriors are week in/week out, one thing is for sure - they are a big time momentum team. When they made the GF in 2011 they were sitting on 7-8 halfway through the season before storming home with upset after upset as their momentum carried them all the way to the big one. Last week the Warriors were sensational, shutting down the dangerous Knights attack in the 2nd half and keeping them scoreless. Ominously two of the Kiwi's genuine game breakers (Vatuvei and Mateo) were sensational with Feleti running for 228 metres. The Warriors posses more potential game breakers than any other club in the NRL with Johnson, Mateo, Vatuvei, Hurrell and Kevin Locke all capable of turning a game on its head with individual acts of brilliance.

If this wasn't the warriors we were dealing with then this would be a pound 'em play, probably 4 or 5 units, but unfortunately due to the unpredictable nature of the Warriors and Brisbane's strong home form then we have to play it more conservatively and stick with 3 units (max). The odds should say it all here, I mean when was the last time the Warriors opened as a favourite on the road anywhere??

Exactly...

The books want us to pound the Broncos - "Even money on the Broncos at home against the shitty Warriors - WTF??" Says Joe 'casual' Punter - fukc yeah - Ill pound that!

So yes the Warriors have been a poor road team however as I mentioned earlier they will be "up" after last weeks effort and need this game bad with a tough stretch of games coming up, this game is very very winnable for the Warriors who are coming in against a "baby Bronco's" team that was pathetic last week.
    -41 missed tackles
    -10 errors
    -9 conceded panalties

and their two best players (Parker and Hodges) are also their two biggest metre eaters, running for a combined 262 metres last week alone. Try giving up 41 missed tackles against the Warrios and see what happens with their plethora of game breakers, none more damaging than the games most dangerous offloader - Feleti Mateo (no not SBW) Feleti hits the line hard and has the innate ability to spin and offload so quickly and from positions where he is seemingly locked up, and you give him a couple of missed tackles and wach out. You miss Kevin Locke and he is... gone - miss the tackle = try, killer speed and lethal left foot step means he can't be caught. I could keep going about what happens when you give Shaun Johnson too much time and space with his kit bag of dummies, goose steps, ball fakes and cut out passes or how Hurrell can bust through any line if he gets "a head up" as can Vatuvei "the Beast" who is a horrible, horrible player when he is down on confidence but watch out everybody when his confidence is up. As always Manu will get tested by high balls, if he takes a couple of those early on with no errors then his confidence will boom and he will destroy you down the left edges.

So yeah I'm hyping up the Warriors big time, and to those that aren't overly familiar with NRL they probably sound like the most dangerous team ever - well just let me put it in perspective for you. The Warriors are a very very talented team with poor leadership, average management and (at best) average coaching who constantly make stupid decisions and have way too high error counts - HOWEVER occasionally they "put it all together" and when they do get a bit of momentum going they can beat anyone, yes ANY team in the NRL. So last weeks effort was only 1 game you say? How can you say they have "momentum" we'll again let me put in in perspective - the Warriors are such a bad 2nd half team that it has been nearly two years since they held a team scoreless after HT until last w/e. Scoring points has never been the problem, it's stopping them (especially late in games).

I'm done now, cant be bothered writing anymore. best of luck everyone.

3* Warriors m/l ($1.94, -106 Sportsbet)
    Points Awarded:

Coopertrooper gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

They should win and win well.
    My only concern is that they get lulled into a false sense of security and not dominate the ruck first with their forwards but start playing across to early and making costly errors in poor field position.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

STFU SANDO!!! No one gives a fukk about rugby.. Go eat shit you fukking dumbfukk retard!!!

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Good call. Took the +0.0 @ 1.88 on the Warriors

Bit nervous after it went 8-8 but its a winner.

No balls to take the Warriors h2h or minus handicap but whoever did well done. Curious to know what was the handicap price for -10.5

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

56-18 Warriors. Cash it.

Easy winner but obviously no one was interested so won't be wasting my time posting any AUS sport plays in PT again.
    Points Awarded:

odog11 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Daimo was

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    56-18 Warriors. Cash it.

Easy winner but obviously no one was interested so won't be wasting my time posting any AUS sport plays in PT again.
    Keep them coming, more people will start paying attention when NHL and NBA are over, especially if you are making cash. I always appreciate a well thought out play rather than someone just tossing out a "30 units" or "50K" play.

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw this in your main thread and jumped on board, very easy cash in the end

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    56-18 Warriors. Cash it.

Nice winner.

It is definitely not worth it.

Most of the guys in PT are not guys you particularly want to help with winners anyway... However, it'd be worth their while to pay attention, as lines on ALL of our sports are no-where near as sharp what they have to complete with on the big 4 every day.

If you get time and remember, can you post the centrebet MNF lean each week? For some reason, I don't get it anymore... I've tried to opt back in, but get nothing. I guess I haven't played there in a few years (they send EVERY bet on US sports for auth.... even $1.00, so there is no point).