Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

China Open Billiard Semi Final In-Game Thread.....

Sat 3/30 1353 Neil Robertson (AUS) -157
    04:30 AM 1354 Stephen Maguire (SCO) +142

Been looking forward to this pivotal match-up all day and night. Still can't believe i have to resort to PlayersTalk instead of using a billiards section here. It's truly discriminatory. Anyways, huge match-up. I hope i got some people here with me who have stayed up to watch this. I know Seto, and The Giant are more than likely awake and getting ready to place their bets. I did a lot of research on this match, and looked at the trends and projected line ups and all my stats point to a Robertson win.

Look at the confidence Robertson has moments before the match

"It's a dream semi-final line-up. The four of us all came through together and started winning tournaments around the same time. It will be one of the best Semis match-ups to date. I know my fans will be behind me the entire way cheering me on throughout each frame. I always enjoy playing Stephen Maguire, he's very attacking and it makes for an open game. Hopefully when the chalk dust is cleared, we'll see why I'm the greatest snooker player that the world has ever seen when the bell rings and I'm the last one standing."

Lets get this Robertson

Any links?

Updates to follow

Seaweed
    Update your status

The match is just moments away, look at Macguire's attitude, he's clearly a depressed man. "I'm looking forward to tomorrow and just hoping I can find a bit of form. If not my luck will run out sometime, I can't win the tournament playing like that. I feel as if my form is hiding away somewhere, it's a case of putting in some graft and hoping to find something."

We have polar opposites competing for glory. Robertson looked good last game and it will carry over here tonight.

Anyone find a link? I am busting my head trying to subscribe to BBC Radio

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Unreal. I was just going to start this thread, Seaweed.

I spent the better part of my evening sleeping through March madness just so I could stay up for this enormous snooker match. This is bigger than Red Sox/Yankees, Duke/North Carolina, Cowboys/Redskins. This is Neil Robertson and Stephen Maguire. Two legendary snooker gladiators that have been quoted to say this is their biggest match in each of their prolific careers.

I'm backing Robertson, too. Glad we're on the same side.

I'm not sure if you heard this or not, but Maguire has been fighting with his longtime fiancee Sharon over the past several weeks. It's gotten really ugly. Their children Finn and Faith, aren't even talking to their father. I'm not sure how Maguire is going to concentrate with all this turmoil in his life. If there is one indisputable fact about snooker, it's you desperately need your ability to concentrate.

Advantage: Robertson.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Unreal. I was just going to start this thread, Seaweed.

I spent the better part of my evening sleeping through March madness just so I could stay up for this enormous snooker match. This is bigger than Red Sox/Yankees, Duke/North Carolina, Cowboys/Redskins. This is Neil Robertson and Stephen Maguire. Two legendary snooker gladiators that have been quoted to say this is their biggest match in each of their prolific careers.

I'm backing Robertson, too. Glad we're on the same side.

I'm not sure if you heard this or not, but Maguire has been fighting with his longtime fiancee Sharon over the past several weeks. It's gotten really ugly. Their children Finn and Faith, aren't even talking to their father. I'm not sure how Maguire is going to concentrate with all this turmoil in his life. If there is one indisputable fact about snooker, it's you desperately need your ability to concentrate.

Advantage: Robertson.
    I knew you would show up! I have no idea how you got that inside gossip scoop on his family crisis but that is the best inside news i have heard. Glad we're on the same side. I'm getting pretty nervous, even though I shouldn't be. They said there were quite a few Welsh billiard hooligans who traveled to the China to watch the game and support Maguire but were denied entrance at the border because of missing documents. This delay will more than likely serve the advantage for Robertson.

I'm currently listening to the live feed from London, England and they're giving some great tips about this game. Apparently, Robertson picked out a special outfit for the match today. I wonder what it is.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Giant, do you remember the PTC Final in March of 2012 when Robertson destroyed Maguire 4-0? I'll never forget watching that. I have a similar feeling that we are going to see a repeat.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I knew you would show up! I have no idea how you got that inside gossip scoop on his family crisis but that is the best inside news i have heard. Glad we're on the same side. I'm getting pretty nervous, even though I shouldn't be. They said there were quite a few Welsh billiard hooligans who traveled to the China to watch the game and support Maguire but were denied entrance at the border because of missing documents. This delay will more than likely serve the advantage for Robertson.

I'm currently listening to the live feed from London, England and they're giving some great tips about this game. Apparently, Robertson picked out a special outfit for the match today. I wonder what it is.
    You know I'm not going to publicly divulge my inside scoop here at SBR. That would destroy the trust I've developed with my confidantes. However, I will say this. Sharon, Maguire's fiancee, has been spotted in China with bruises on her arms and on her cheek. She says she "fell", but everyone knows it's just a cover. Stephen Maguire is well known for his hot Scottish temper. The kids aren't even talking to their father, and there is a good chance nome of the family members will be in attendance.

It's a very contentious time in the McGuire household. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robertson become an even bigger favorite if news breaks. This match is being heavily wagered, but nobody is talking about the status of all this.

Neil Robertson will undoubtedly be wearing black.

He likes burying his opponents, he calls himself the undertaker.
    Last edited by The Giant; 03-30-13 at 04:37 AM.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Giant, do you remember the PTC Final in March of 2012 when Robertson destroyed Maguire 4-0? I'll never forget watching that. I have a similar feeling that we are going to see a repeat.
    Of course I remember. I still have it on my DVR and watch it whenever I'm feeling down.

One of my biggest gambling heists of all time.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Unreal, a poster starts a thread so he can have a conversation with his ghost

Seaweed
    Update your status

You know I'm not going to publicly divulge my inside scoop here at SBR. That would destroy the trust I've developed with my confidantes. However, I will say this. Sharon, Maguire's fiancee, has been spotted in China with bruises on her arms and on her cheek. She says she "fell", but everyone knows it's just a cover. Stephen Maguire is well known for his hot Scottish temper. The kids aren't even talking to their father, and there is a good chance nome of the family members will be in attendance.

It's a very contentious time in the McGuire household. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robertson become an even bigger favorite if news breaks. This match is being heavily wagered, but nobody is talking about the status of all this.

Neil Robertson will undoubtedly be wearing black.

He likes burying his opponents, he calls himself the undertaker.
    Amazing news.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Unreal, a poster starts a thread so he can have a conversation with his ghost

The Giant

Centaur, knock it off. This is a serious thread full of gambling information.

If you're not interested in snooker, there is clearly something wrong with you.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Centaur, knock it off. This is a serious thread full of gambling information.

If you're not interested in snooker, there is clearly something wrong with you.

The Giant

Seaweed, huge news. It appears people in the gambling industry are closely monitoring this thread.

Robertson, who was -157 throughout the day, has just climbed up to -160 at pinnacle.

Once again, our information is moving lines.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Seaweed, huge news. It appears people in the gambling industry are closely monitoring this thread.

Robertson, who was -157 throughout the day, has just climbed up to -160 at pinnacle.

Once again, our information is moving lines.
    Incredible! I told people to jump on the line as soon as possible, i knew these stories would shift the line. First break is moments away, i was listening to the warm ups and when Robertson came out for the greet there was an eruption. Just made some popcorn, this is what it's all about.

Seaweed
    Update your status

We are moments away

The Giant

This is unreal, seaweed. Did you hear what happened when Maguire entered the arena?

There were women rights activists picketing outside, booing and hissing as Maguire passed them. Things are getting very heated in China.

Robertson has a strut about him tonight that looks menacing. He is poised for this.

drektaga123
    drektaga123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 588

Took Neil in over 0.5 centuries last night he got it @ 1.83

So im going big on that bet again with 500 on over 0.5 @ 1.80

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by drektaga123 View Post
    Took Neil in over 0.5 centuries last night he got it @ 1.83

So im going big on that bet again with 500 on over 0.5 @ 1.80
    Solid bet, i was very close to taking that too. However, my money is on Mr.Robertson. I just love his goldilocks attitude

drektaga123

Good luck hope we all cash here

Seaweed
    Update your status

Good luck to you too

The Giant

Where the hell is my main man Seto?

Seaweed
    Update your status

This is unreal, seaweed. Did you hear what happened when Maguire entered the arena?

There were women rights activists picketing outside, booing and hissing as Maguire passed them. Things are getting very heated in China.

Robertson has a strut about him tonight that looks menacing. He is poised for this.
    I didn't see it, but i heard about it. Robertson looks amazing. He's a single divorced professional who is well groomed and dressed, and 100 percent focused.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Where the hell is my main man Seto?
    I think he went to China for this one.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Off to a bit of a slow start but things will pick up

Seaweed
    Update your status

Incredible point by Robertson!

Seaweed
    Update your status

That shot on the black ball was mesmerizing. He completely swept the table while Maguire just sat and watched in amazement.

The Giant

You will not believe what is trending on twitter in China, Seaweed.

尼尔罗伯逊

Yes, it's true. I know you are well versed in multiple languages, Seaweed, but for those of you wondering, it means NEIL ROBERTSON.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Seaweed

Seaweed
    Update your status

You will not believe what is trending on twitter in China, Seaweed.

尼尔罗伯逊

Yes, it's true. I know you are well versed in multiple languages, Seaweed, but for those of you wondering, it means NEIL ROBERTSON.
    Pandemonium! Robertson is in a commanding lead! He is as cool as a man sitting in a dentist chair, and Maguire looks like a drunk at a party. I can't believe the refs didn't catch that penalty earlier, the commentators were going ballistic. I have been up for 34 consecutive hours but it looks like its paying off.I love billiards, don't you?!

Seaweed
    Update your status

2-2, this 5th frame is crucial.

The Giant

Settle down, Seaweed.

Being a long-time snooker lover that I am, I realize that this match is far from over. The penalty that wasn't called on Maguire could come back to haunt us. His luck in this match has been off the charts. They are currently deadlocked at two, heading into the fifth frame. This is pivotal.

I'm a little worried about Robertson's endurance, he played a grueling match less than 24 hours ago against a very intense competitor in Mark Allen.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Giant, did you see how Robertson slithered that cue ball along the rail to sink the pink? I didn't see it but from what i heard on the play by play it was breathtaking. He followed that up with a jaw dropping chip shot. He's in position to take the lead, and needs to capitalize! He is a true shark.

drektaga123

In- play bet on Robertson to win match good play

Never mind he was at 3.20 when posted got the frame back now 1.66 guess i missed the chance
    Last edited by drektaga123; 03-30-13 at 09:13 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Unbelievable win, 6-5 Robertson! It wasn't easy but he pulled it out like the warrior he is. Sorry for not posting, i was glued to the match the rest of the way. That was by far the greatest match I have ever seen. The will and determination of Robertson to come back and defeat Maguire was amazing to witness. I hope he's physically fit for the final tonight.

wilson34
    wilson34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seaweed
    Update your status

12 Last