johno35
    johno35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Johno's 2013 AFL Season Long Thread

Hey guys, really looking forward to the footy coming back! I will be releasing plays like I did last year at the usual 1, 3 and 5 unit stakes. Had a disappointing year last year on the 5 unit plays so I will be a bit more selective on those this year.

I may release some NAB Cup plays if I see anything worth while, will mostly be totals I would think. There are no odds out yet at this stage but I will keep an eye on it.

What teams do you think are contenders this year? I think if West Coast get there forward line healthy they are worth a look, I also think that this is the Hawks last chance to win the flag. Cant wait for it to get started, hopefully we all can have a great profitable season

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

good luck mate look forward to talking AFL

As a big time freo supporter I believe we can consolidate ourselves as a strong side, our record away from home last season was quite solid - we will build on this and also aim to be a fortress at home against any side. Barring injuries I think we can replicate or even improve on our season.

I like Hawks to take the flag this season. Pies to make the top 4 as well is a solid future in my opinion.

I like the Demons to be a team that can cover those big lines.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

i cant wait for footy to come back...

like the hawks, west coast and sydney this year

also think freo and adelaide will also be hard to beat at home

lets just hope the bookmakers give us some value on afl this season...hard to find last year

look forward to following ur picks Johno

johno35

Thanks for the support fellas, I followed your NBA progress this season TRD, hopefully I can have the same success you had. Good to see you got out while ahead!

Freo are a solid side with Ross Lyon, I just hope they get that run back in their game, thought they were a bit too defensive last year. After the 2011 season I looked into teams ability to cover the line after traveling to Perth, if you were to bet against them you would have won 16 out of a possible 19. I haven't checked it for the 2012 season yet but it might be something to look at this year.

I think its going to be another tight season, I think Kangaroos are the up and comers this season. I'm considering a play on Essendon tomorrow night at -6.5, I know it's only NAB Cup but I would think that after all this controversy surrounding them they would want a good win. Will also consider a play on the under if a total gets released

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Re NAB Cup, ADL are resting 12 of their top players.

johno35

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    Re NAB Cup, ADL are resting 12 of their top players.
    Might be worth a look, they are -2.5 against the saints. If I'm going to have a play on any of these games I'm going to need to wait till the last 10 mins to see who's playing

therealdealau

LOVE the Essendon angle johno, I also thought that myself. I had a tonne of success last year in the NAB cup that set my bankroll up for the AFL.

I followed the following play...

Team playing in the back to back FADE them in the second game. I took this on the head to head and went 5-1.

Also fading the team that has to travel to Perth/Adelaide on the back to back at the head and the line was profitable.

johno35

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    LOVE the Essendon angle johno, I also thought that myself. I had a tonne of success last year in the NAB cup that set my bankroll up for the AFL.

I followed the following play...

Team playing in the back to back FADE them in the second game. I took this on the head to head and went 5-1.

Also fading the team that has to travel to Perth/Adelaide on the back to back at the head and the line was profitable.
    Looks like a good strategy

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Finally footy is back!

Get em johno

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

What up johno, probably dont remember me....pretty sure I followed last season's picks. Back for more, when do the games even start? Friday?

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great to have at least some footy back, can't wait to see all the discussion on here each week!

Have you made any plays tonight? I won't be watching so I've decided against it, and I really don't know how to judge Essendon. I saw the pies squad was fairly strong, so I'd be careful, and the paper mentioned most money had been on the pies. However I couldn't take the short odds for this time of game.

And the NAB Cup is always very tough to predict based on talent, so I like the strategy of watching how sides go in the back-to-back games, and if it had success last year then it could be a good one to watch for tonight.

johno35

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    What up johno, probably dont remember me....pretty sure I followed last season's picks. Back for more, when do the games even start? Friday?
    Yeah I remember you Vinnie, good to see you back! 1st game starts in about 40 mins, there are 3 games on tonight though, only 20 min halfs so very short games, GL

johno35

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Great to have at least some footy back, can't wait to see all the discussion on here each week!

Have you made any plays tonight? I won't be watching so I've decided against it, and I really don't know how to judge Essendon. I saw the pies squad was fairly strong, so I'd be careful, and the paper mentioned most money had been on the pies. However I couldn't take the short odds for this time of game.

And the NAB Cup is always very tough to predict based on talent, so I like the strategy of watching how sides go in the back-to-back games, and if it had success last year then it could be a good one to watch for tonight.
    Hey man, agree with you on the pies but the first game is against the dogs. Dogs are close to full strength but if last years performance is anything to go by that doesn't mean a lot. Essendon will come out to make a point, they need the focus to be back on footy.
    I will watch all the games tonight but I will only play the first game for now. I may play on the others but will have to wait and see

johno35

Essendon -6.5 - 1 Unit

Total is set at 68.5 and I like the under but not willing to go for 2 plays in the first game

GL!!

therealdealau

let's go dons

johno35

Personally loving that Goddards first possession was a turnover

johno35

Dogs will be tired, I'm with u on this TRD

Pies -15.5 - 1 unit

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by johno35 View Post
    Dogs will be tired, I'm with u on this TRD

Pies -15.5 - 1 unit
    Great to start the round off with a win, lets cash in on this. Will most likely be making a play on the Dons +6.5 too

johno35

Great cover by the Bombers! Wish I did the under too but shoulda coulda woulda

I know it was a bit soft but does anyone think Hurley is in trouble with that forearm hit on Cooney?

therealdealau

Great cover by the Bombers! Wish I did the under too but shoulda coulda woulda

I know it was a bit soft but does anyone think Hurley is in trouble with that forearm hit on Cooney?
    Definitely will get a look in. Adam Goodes's brother looks alright too.

johno35

Definitely will get a look in. Adam Goodes's brother looks alright too.
    Yeah he def showed signs of good skill

therealdealau

Pies look bad

johno35

Pies look bad
    Yeah they didn't look good but got us over the line

therealdealau

Swan and Cloke come to the rescue CASH IT

johno35

Bombers -6.5 - 1 unit

Pies -15.5 - 1 unit

That's it for tonight guys, I think the dons will get up but I'll quit while I'm ahead!

therealdealau

Bombers -6.5 - 1 unit

Pies -15.5 - 1 unit

That's it for tonight guys, I think the dons will get up but I'll quit while I'm ahead!
    Money, i'm going to roll with the Dons i think

johno35

Hey guys, looking for another good night tonight. I have three plays for now

1st game
    Geelong +8.5 - 1 unit
    2nd game
    Freo -6.5 - 1 unit
    Under 62.5 - 1 unit

GL!

johno35

West Coast are without some big guns, Nairanui and Cox included. Geelong have named a strong side, I wouldn't be suprised if the cats got up

johno35

Great start to the night with the cats getting the job done

johno35

Freo +5.5 - 1 unit

johno35

2-2 tonight, can't complain

therealdealau

Good call on the Cats, fade strategy is killing it so far...will it continue tomorrow?

johno35

Saints +1.5 - 1 unit
    Port +1.5 - 1 unit

GL

johno35

Saints +1.5 - 1 unit
    Port +1.5 - 1 unit

Good day

Round 1 Total: 6-2 +3.6 units

therealdealau