Stop wasting time in rugby guy.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

tossed him away like yesterday's newspaper

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

How far could he have thrown him if he tried??

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

tossed like brahmabulls salad on "hide and go eat" night with opie1988

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Do rugby players make a lot of money?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Nfl blacks will hit him silly

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    tossed like brahmabulls salad on "hide and go eat" night with opie1988

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    peanuts compared to NFL...he will probably make 20-30 times more in NFL

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    In the Super 15 league I'd guess average is around 100k per season. Top players probably average 300-400k per season. Maybe a bit more.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Holy Fukk.Thats a bad dude there.Didnt even try to dwarf toss him very far.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Where's the flag for horse collar?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

They tell me the same thing.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Is that the Heineken Cup or another English league?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I remember when Darren Bennett made the switch to American Football. Nothing like a 6'5'' 240 punter.

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Tony Buckley in the Heineken Cup semi final. He's 6'5" and 138 kgs.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He would be called for 15 yard penalty if he did that in the NFL, get tossed from the game and Roger Goodell would fine him $250,000.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

yep that's about ALL you need to be able to do, to play NFL

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Too unfit. How many Rugby to NFL converts make it?

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

When i saw this thread i thought you were talking about this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5bwqVN5LM

Quickest guy across the world in any contact sport, used to be a running back in college days (says he wouldn't make the shift back as he likes tackling with his hands)

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    Too unfit. How many Rugby to NFL converts make it?
    Not many if any... but that's not the point.

They're two very different sports.

BUT, if you asked a pro middle tier football team and a pro middle tier rugby team to play two games, one of each sport, the rugby players would definitely win their game and at least compete in the football game. The football players would have no clue nor the stamina to play rugby.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

No way rugby players cant compete with nfl players. The speed and power are way different. rugby players wont have a qb they will be doing lateral pitches every play. To be a rugby player you have to have some screws lose. Taking hits with no padding whatsoever for lil money and major injury risks. Theres a reason there playing rugby instead of nfl. The skill level is high school players vs professionals.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    No way rugby players cant compete with nfl players. The speed and power are way different. rugby players wont have a qb they will be doing lateral pitches every play. To be a rugby player you have to have some screws lose. Taking hits with no padding whatsoever for lil money and major injury risks. Theres a reason there playing rugby instead of nfl. The skill level is high school players vs professionals.

Screws lose? lmao rugby is alot more enjoyable mate, theres no stop start like football (makes it hard to really get into a game).

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Tossed him like the way I would toss King Mayan.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Tossed him like the way I would toss King Mayan.
    His salad? He would like that.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Not many if any... but that's not the point.

They're two very different sports.

BUT, if you asked a pro middle tier football team and a pro middle tier rugby team to play two games, one of each sport, the rugby players would definitely win their game and at least compete in the football game. The football players would have no clue nor the stamina to play rugby.
    You truly believe a middle tier pro rugby team could compete in an NFL GAME with ANY NFL TEAM?

some of the stuff you see on here....

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

paper weight!!!

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    You truly believe a middle tier pro rugby team could compete in an NFL GAME with ANY NFL TEAM?

some of the stuff you see on here....
    First of all, you're an idiot. Reread my post. That's not at all what I said. Close... but you fukked up.

Secondly, NFL players ARE NOT superhuman. They run a 40 split a tenth second faster than other 'fast' people... They broad jumped 2 extra inches... Their vert might be a tiny bit better... But if there are any athletes that are overlooked for football, it's European players. So even if you have a freak of nature with insane athleticism that would actually be interested to play "stupid american football" over their more national sport of rugby, they may get overlooked because there's simply less scouting, coaching, and training over there for football. And don't think all these American players were born awesome football players, it took a whole lifetime of training and practice. So take them off the pedestal because if similar European athletes were given the same training and coaching, there would absolutely be European football players. They were just simply trained in another sport.

Third, the pro rugby leagues are VERY competitive. Without pads, players are forced to use better tackling techniques. There is very little stoppage in the game so STAMINA is huge -- NFL players would not last long. Players are also expected to be multi-talented by throwing/pitching, kicking, catching, tackling, returning, rucking, mauling, etc. There is no extreme 'division of labour' where one player only does one or two things.

So back to my original statement: Pro rugby players would fair better in an NFL game against an NFL team than those same NFL players would fair in a rugby game against that rugby team.

The same futile and naive discussion comes up with CFL/NFL. You Americans love your brand so much that you're too stupid and/or blind to see that the majority of CFL players are those that just missed the cut but would rather play pro ball than sit on the bench or play the practice squad. Sure, the NFL team would win on an NFL field with NFL rules but they wouldn't get ran off the field. On the other side of that, the CFL players would fair well or perhaps even win against an NFL team if it were CFL rules and field.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're stupid for thinking NFL athletes are gods and could beat everyone at everything.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easysaid

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    No way rugby players can compete with nfl players. The speed and power are way different. rugby players wont have a qb they will be doing lateral pitches every play. To be a rugby player you have to have some screws lose. Taking hits with no padding whatsoever for lil money and major injury risks. Theres a reason there playing rugby instead of nfl. The skill level is high school players vs professionals.
    I beg to differ; and could even argue that there's no way NFL players can compete with rugby players (if we're taking about a rugby game). Sure the NFL players will be faster in short distances, but what about playing 40 minutes non-stop? Are they still going to be running 4.3 40s... NO!

And as you can see from the video above, strength isn't just an NFL thing. All athletes train and rugby players tend to be more jacked in general, especially in core strength which ultimately matters the most.

Furthermore, you're ignorantly assuming that because rugby players lateral the ball, not one of them would know how to throw a football.

You also ramble on about screws loose, no padding, little money, major injury risks, etc.
    - Just because you don't understand the sport does not make them crazy for playing it;
    - There's no padding, so what? NFL players are pussies then? I'm trying to use your logic here;
    - There's little money because it's not a North American sport. The US obviously dominates everything (radio hits, TV shows, box office movies, etc.) so it only makes sense that whatever sport Americans play will receive the most resources;
    - There are FAR MORE injuries in the NFL, usually more serious ones as well;

So yes, there are many reasons people play rugby. You obviously don't understand anything beyond your nose so I won't even try to begin.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    They tell me the same thing.
    Hey King. (Your Profile Pic.) Why do they always have snap shots of bodybuilders always feeding their faces with food? When we know they don't even eat. Why don't they just show them sticking a syringe in their ass? Because we know it wasn't the food they were eating... Christ... we all eat and we aren't that big. Thanks for your time King.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pro rugby players would fair better in an NFL game against an NFL team than those same NFL players would fair in a rugby game against that rugby team.

AHH NO.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Pro rugby players would fair better in an NFL game against an NFL team than those same NFL players would fair in a rugby game against that rugby team.

AHH NO.
    how long is a lineman going to last bro ? not long at all
    Points Awarded:

dj_destroyer gave kmarinouofm 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post

AHH NO.
    **Just a fore-note, the reference numbers are all hyperlinked to youtube videos. They get better as you go.**

NFL players would get DESTROYED in a rugby game.

They have no idea what they're doing (1), they're talents aren't suited for a rugby game at all (2), they would be tired within the first 5 minutes of continuous play (3), there's no coach telling you what to do every single play (4); they would literally be lost without pads and a playbook to follow (5).

Rugby players on the other hand, in my opinion, go buck fukking wild with pads on and a small field. Their more precise tackling techniques would be great for the 'open field' plays and their insanity would be great for the box (6). Sure, they would have basically no passing game (who needs it with this guy (7)?) but they would be able to lineout toss it down field (8).They definitely would be able to catch and defend passes because they're use to covering/receiving kicks that are basically played like passes would be in the NFL (9).

Furthermore, basically every player on the rugby field at any given time is a kicker (10) and punter and drop kicker (12), a specialized talent in rugby.

And oh ya, what happens if the rugby players get angry? (13) What about when the rugby guys wanna fight? (14) You think the NFL players are gonna get STAPLED on the sidelines? (15)

There, a post with videos for reference. Now watch 10-word replies come in from American rednecks that can't think beyond their own TV.
    Last edited by dj_destroyer; 12-13-12 at 11:59 AM.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

TOO SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW WWWWWWWWWWWWW.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Sorry, come again?

12 Last