Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Breeders Cup early entries

Daily Racing Form's pre-BC edition is out on Wednesday for those looking for an early start on the handicapping. Lifetime PPs on all horses pre-entered.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The breaders cup is the best day of the year for us real pony players.

I still need to cap these races a little more in depth, before I can give any real solid predictions Slew.

Seattle Slew

Cacique in the Turf is my only pick before looking at the PPs, although I'm leaning toward War Front in the Sprint and Lava Man in the Classic.

War Front might be in too deep, but I've played him 4 straight races with one win and 3 seconds, and he always runs hard and should be a big price, so I can't jump off him now and see him win at 15-1. He needs an outside post and a perfect trip to have any chance. For whatever reason, War Front's trainer Allen Jerkens never wins races outside of New York and Florida. I can't figure it out.

If they run Showing Up in the Mile, he might be a good price against the European horses since he's only a 3-year-old. He fought neck and neck against Cacique 2 back and finished 3rd and was super impressive winning a 3-year-old race last time.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lava Man can't win outside of California....

Seattle Slew

That will be the talk all week, and if it bumps his price up, it's fine with me. I'm not sold on that theory.

I'm only looking at his form since he got real good last spring. He ran awful at Belmont, then they made a stupid move and sent the horse to the Japan Cup where he also ran poorly. He's been even better this year than last.

My concern is the distance. With a ton of speed in the race, he might burn out in deep stretch, which he did last year in the Pacific Classic. He might be best at 1 1/8 and not 1 1/4.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94

Seattle Slew

I'll show you, IMGV!!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Attached Images  

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Somebody just post a damn superfecta ticket for me please.

Seattle Slew

With the huge fields, I'd say exactas and trifectas are the way to go to make money. We're looking at 14-horse fields in most of the 8 races.

Cashing a superfecta will be next to impossible unless you risk $100s in combination. A trifecta will pay like a superfecta with these huge fields.

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Somebody just post a damn superfecta ticket for me please.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

1st- Bernandini
    2nd- Invasor
    3rd- Sun King
    4th- Lava Man

There is your Breeders Cup Superfecta!!

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

BCJF - Lilly Carson
    BCJ - Pegasus Wind
    BCFMT - Ouija Board - Hate to play the favorite, but can't pass it up in the #2 hole
    Sprint - Too Much Bling
    Mile - Sleeping Indian
    Distaff - Pine Island
    Turf - Scorpion
    Classic - Sun King and Giacomo

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Which books will pay out FULL odds (if any)? I think Pinny has a cap, albeit a large one, but you never know how big the odds can be with these things.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Exactly, last time it was at Churchill Downs, it got off to a crazy start. I'm going to the Reservation to put my bets in to get full track odds.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Impressive field in the classic. Dave Junior for me. Saw him absolutelty demolish a strong field in the Dubai Cup a few months back. Assuming he shows up and runs well, he won't be too far away. My buddie Suave as my roughie. Forgive his last run at Belmont, on the fastest three foot of mud you're ever likely to see. Although their are quite a few legitimate chances in this. Should be one hell of a race.