Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I really enjoy 30:30 but there seems to always be something else on

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Carl Lewis is the biggest annoying sore loser ever.

Can't stand him even more after watching this.

Beyond Pathetic.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

carl lewis is gay, yes or no

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Carl Lewis best gay athlete of all time. Might not ever be surpassed. So underrated, made very little money because sponsors were terrified of the gay.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

ernie obviously you didn't watch 30 for 30. not sure if he's telling the truth but his trainer said carl lewis is the highest paid track star ever.

never knew carl lewis tested positive for peds either but somehow the records got lost...

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

yellow eyes

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Carl Lewis is the biggest annoying sore loser ever.

Can't stand him even more after watching this.

Beyond Pathetic.
    me either, if anybody thinks he was clean they are idiots

Ernie Mccracken

ernie obviously you didn't watch 30 for 30. not sure if he's telling the truth but his trainer said carl lewis is the highest paid track star ever.

never knew carl lewis tested positive for peds either but somehow the records got lost...

Some more background:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Lack of endorsements and public perception

Lewis had achieved what he had set out to do. He had matched Jesse Owens’ legendary feat of winning four gold medals at the 1936 Olympics, and he had done so with relative ease. However, Lewis had also expected to win lucrative endorsement deals, but few if any were forthcoming in America. The long jump controversy was one reason. And, Lewis’ self-congratulatory conduct did not impress several other track stars. "He rubs it in too much," said Edwin Moses, twice Olympic gold medalist in the 400 m hurdles. "A little humility is in order. That's what Carl lacks."[33]Further, Lewis’ agent Joe Douglas compared him to pop star Michael Jackson, a comparison which did not go over well. Douglas said he was inaccurately quoted, but the impression that Lewis was aloof and egotistical was firmly planted in the public’s perception by the end of the 1984 Olympic Games.[34]

Additionally, rumors at the time that Lewis was gay circulated, and though Lewis denied the rumors, they probably hurt his marketability as well. Lewis’ look at the Games, with a flattop haircut and flamboyant clothing, added fuel to the reports. "It doesn't matter what Carl Lewis's sexuality is," high jumper Dwight Stones said. "Madison Avenue perceives him as homosexual."[35] Coca-Cola had offered a lucrative deal to Lewis before the Olympics, but Lewis and Douglas turned it down, confident that Lewis would be worth more after the Olympics. But Coke rescinded the offer after the Games. Nike had Lewis under contract for several years already, despite questions about how it affected his amateur status, and he was appearing in Nike television ads, in print, and on billboards. After the Games and faced with Lewis’ new negative image, Nike dropped him. "If you're a male athlete, I think the American public wants you to look macho," said Don Coleman, a Nike representative.[34] "They started looking for ways to get rid of me," Lewis said. "Everyone there was so scared and so cynical they didn't know what to do." Lewis himself would lay the blame on some inaccurate reporting, especially the “Carl bashing,” as he put it, typified by a Sports Illustrated article before the Olympics.[36]

At year’s end, Lewis was again awarded the top rankings in the 100 m and the long jump and was additionally ranked number one in the 200 m. And for the third year in a row, he was awarded the Athlete of the Year title by Track & Field News. Lewis was drafted in the 10th round of the 1984 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls (the draft where the Bulls selected Michael Jordan with the number 3 pick), but did not play a game in the NBA. He was also drafted in the 12th round of the 1984 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys as a wide receiver, but was not signed.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

like i said ernie. watch 30 for 30 and hear it from the horses mouth, instead of copy and pasting wiki. wiki is not a reliable source.

Ernie Mccracken

like i said ernie. watch 30 for 30 and hear it from the horses mouth, instead of copy and pasting wiki. wiki is not a reliable source.
    Are you saying that Lewis was secretly receiving endorsement money or what? I'm sure he made more than other sprinters at the time, but relative pennies given his achievement and notoriety.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lewis is married though

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

the docu SAID he tested + for peds?

i find that hard to believe

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

I fell asleep before that part. I never heard that before.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

30 for 30 said he tested positive for an illegal stimulant.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

finally watched this last night on my dvr, really enjoyed it. great seeing all the ben johnson footage again, guy was a beast and went on complete annihilation mode of carl lewis immediately after the '84 olympics. he torched lewis in epic fashion on all the big stages from '85 through '88 which were still huge achievements regardless of the drugs (which everyone was on).

carl lewis comes across as the biggest queer, drama queen, and of course hypocrite. his situation was pretty close to lance armstrong's, another fraudulent liar. can't stand either of them, both should disappear forever.