hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Perth Wildcats ML -111

Favourite play of round two so far.

I think Townsville will benefit significantly with the addition of Gary Ervin. One week of training with the team will not be enough for him to get these guys over Perth at this stage in the season.

Perth are a well oiled machine right now. Possible let down spot here after demolishing the Breakers but I know how important home court advantage is Beveridge and the Wildcats so I think they will take care of business here.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

looks good. i like breakers -5.5 that new offense will click against a lesser opponent

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by davopnz View Post
    looks good. i like breakers -5.5 that new offense will click against a lesser opponent
    I will probably be on something along the lines of 1h over / Breakers 1h over.

What I don't like is this is their first game at Vector. Last season for the first few games there both teams shot the ball terribly.

This is the 36ers first game at Vector while the Breakers played a fair few there last season. Maybe just Adelaide have a hard time and the Breakers are used to the rims now..

hawley

Think that Kings / Tigers total is too high too. Both teams are more than capable of going minutes without scoring.

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Interesting spot here. Wasn't impressed with the Tsv in week one, although they were missing their biggest star I doubt he would have made too much impact. They shot the ball simply horrid, their only positive was their 4th quarter and lack of turn overs.

I think the Wildcats will get it done here too, they know how important these road wins are - they will have about 6-7 in a row before home courts ready to ball on. Each game is necessary to put ease on them so they can roll out the season at home. They need to get their turn overs down which were quite high against the Breakers, the defensive pressure on the ball won't be as intense though.

Wildcats will be fade material in week 5 coming off a buy playing the Hawks, I think they win the next 2 comfortably by double digits.

I like Sydney -3.5 over the Tigers. In my eyes two worst teams facing off. Tigers just look poor on offense they dont attack the paint enough and were just poor. Sydney surprised me, they executed quite well, shot the ball decent and crashed the boards hard. With the signing of a new major sponsor I expect them to come out hard.
    Last edited by therealdealau; 10-10-12 at 04:18 AM.

therealdealau

Kings -3.5 (0.5x)

pretty confident here but as a rule of thumb i dont put many units on crap teams...lazy half a unit on here

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Kings -3.5 (0.5x)

pretty confident here but as a rule of thumb i dont put many units on crap teams...lazy half a unit on here

I like it. But like you I struggle to put funds on bad teams.

Sydney playing their home opener against a beat up Melbourne team should get it done.

I am starting to lean towards the Breakers here. Tough to lay six points on them after what happened last weekend but I think they may bounce back here.

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I like it. But like you I struggle to put funds on bad teams.

Sydney playing their home opener against a beat up Melbourne team should get it done.

I am starting to lean towards the Breakers here. Tough to lay six points on them after what happened last weekend but I think they may bounce back here.
    + New sponsor deal and I really enjoyed their energy last week hoping it continues...but yeah it's hard to bet on bad teams...i struggle to bet on bad teams by NBA standards....betting on a bad team in the NBL is asking for trouble, they can lay an egg at any given moment and go on a drought...

I have to disagree with you on the Breakers man, I feel like they are a different team this season...I know they got schooled by the best team in the league last week and it's really early to jump the gun here but Adelaide have a lot of motivation to keep this close. Wilkinson will prove to be a huge loss offensively as the season continues and if that 3 isn't dropping they could be in trouble. I think Breakers will get the W but a cover might be a sweat. But hell its the NBL and we all know how random and up and down it is, Breakers could blow this out by 35 haha!

Good luck on your plays though pal i hope we both cash this arvo!

hawley

Breakers will be fine!

Less shooting from Jackson and more creating. I am looking forward to seeing Gibson try defend him.

Vector will be rocking tonight. Return to the site of last year's game 3 victory.

Our bigs were terrible last week. This year they will give the 36ers everything they can handle. Schenscher and Johnson are not typical big men. I hope the Breakers pound the ball inside today.

Not quite sure what way I will take the Breakers though. Might go team total or first half play.

GL tonight pal.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Can someone tell me why nz sharp money is all over the under for the kings/tigers game?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by easysaid View Post
    Can someone tell me why nz sharp money is all over the under for the kings/tigers game?

Both teams can go long periods of the game with scoring very few points.

Tigers had a 5 point fourth quarter last week

Can easily see the Tigers again struggling to break 70 tonight.

hawley

Schenscher is the worst 7 footer i have ever seen

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I will probably be on something along the lines of 1h over / Breakers 1h over.

What I don't like is this is their first game at Vector. Last season for the first few games there both teams shot the ball terribly.

This is the 36ers first game at Vector while the Breakers played a fair few there last season. Maybe just Adelaide have a hard time and the Breakers are used to the rims now

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I got a live line @Bet365 for the breakers/36ers game when they were 5 minutes into 2nd quarter (game total under 161.5) + parlayed it with the under on the tigers/kings game.

therealdealau

Shocking 4th by the 36ers, hope you got on the Breakers Hawley they came through hard! Let's go Kings come on baby

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Shocking 4th by the 36ers, hope you got on the Breakers Hawley they came through hard! Let's go Kings come on baby
    Actually ended up on the breakers 1h over which was painful to watch lose.

Got on the second half under. Was pretty obvious points were very hard to come by.

Sadly it was just a horrible game to watch.

therealdealau

Kings horrible this is over.

hawley

Good finish to the round

Perth too good