NRL Finals Series As I See It

Futures Market

Bulldogs $2.80
    Storm $3.60
    Cowboys $7.00
    Eagles $7.50
    Bunnies $9.00
    Raiders $19.00

Bulldogs Will be hard to beat but poor value at present. Have a good forward pack and a lot of attacking weapons but they totally lost their structure in attack last Friday which is a concern. Halves are not that great.

Storm Should be favorites. They produced a professional performance to demolish the Bunnies last Saturday. Have the advantage of a home semi final on a ground with a very significant advantage. Have the best spine in the comp who are proven big match players.

Cowboys Massively overrated. They make for a good five minute highlights package and that's about it. I can't believe everyone thinks they were impressive last Saturday. If the Broncos hadn't given away cheap penalties and failed to complete their sets they would have made a real game of that.

Eagles Value against the Cowboys but not for futures because they'll run into the Storm. Abysmal performance in attack against the Bulldogs. They lost their structure and looked completely lost in attack last Friday. Positives were the strong performance from the forwards at times and the great field position they found themselves in. If they find themselves in that position again they'll beat the Cowboys who have a far inferior goal line defense when compared to the Bulldogs. Only danger is they're an overrated team coming off a lose but they matchup well for this week in my opinion.

Bunnies Posses some great individual players but they're a club with a losing culture coming off a demoralizing loss. Overhyped on the basis of Greg Inglis video packages.

Raiders Represent great value and have found form at the right time of the season. Have a good record against the sides sitting at the top of the ladder. Not the complete side in the same vein as the Storm but they have a lot of points in them and are the clear outsider of the field based on the market.

If you disagree or need further clarification with any points, post away.

easysaid
    easysaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

So your picking a eagles victory come friday? I liked it untill i saw the line, honestly expecting them to be favourites (after all they are last years winners and are used to finals football).

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

I like Eagles and Raiders this week.

Lyon is under and injury cloud and Mati is fronting the judiciary, I wouldn't worry about the line or rush in to take it early either.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Manly are dogs because Matai has been charged with a dnagerous tackle and can't pleade his way out.

Over-reaction imho. Parlay Eagles+Raiders for the big payout.

Donkey
    Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1814

raiders cowboys win this weekend
    storm bulldogs win next weekend
    storm win grand final

easysaid

I got a massive parly with the storm to take it out paying $2k from $250. Bloody well hope so!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Don't like the Raiders or the Sea Eagles too much this weekend.

Lets see how the Manly team looks come the weekend. They are pretty beat up right now.

The Cowboys are legitimate contenders though, don't write them off

Optional

You could be right about Cowboys, but the Bunnies haven't beaten a legitimate contender in months. Raiders are a gift dog I reckon.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You could be right about Cowboys, but the Bunnies haven't beaten a legitimate contender in months. Raiders are a gift dog I reckon.

I think I have been guilty of underrating the Raiders for some time now and perhaps this is my bias continuing.

That game seems one team on an absolute roll take on a team that stumbled their way into the finals and were humbled last round. Will be interesting for sure.

Optional

It's tough to ignore how good Souths look on paper, as the odds indicate, but this is sudden death finals footy. The green machine have lifted when they really had to a few times this year, and I'd like them in this spot at anything over even money, let alone the $3.00 it is.

hawley

It's tough to ignore how good Souths look on paper, as the odds indicate, but this is sudden death finals footy. The green machine have lifted when they really had to a few times this year, and I'd like them in this spot at anything over even money, let alone the $3.00 it is.

No way in hell I take the Rabbitohs at $1.30ish or lay the points at this stage

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Tough games to predict this week guys, lines seem pretty sharp although Canberra +8 is tempting. I may just end up pounding the opposite of whatever the public likes just before kickoff.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Crocker may be out for the Raiders this week. He's their goal kicker and the NRL's top pointscorer.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Crocker may be out for the Raiders this week. He's their goal kicker and the NRL's top pointscorer.

Didn't he break his cheekbone?

I think he is certainly out

That Guy
    That Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

Yeah Crocker is out.
    Goal kicking could be the difference this week.. if it is I don't like the Raiders chances - their goal kicking options are the moment are very very slim & most tries will probably be scored out wide.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Yeah Crocker is out.
    Goal kicking could be the difference this week.. if it is I don't like the Raiders chances - their goal kicking options are the moment are very very slim & most tries will probably be scored out wide.

Those attempts from Dugan last weekend were pretty hideous.

Perhaps with a week of practice he will improve but anything from out wide he will struggle with I imagine.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Josh Dugan converted 112/163 kicking during the Toyota Cup.

Daryl Halligan has been working with him this week, he's a much better kicker than we saw last week.

Dr.Gonzo

Jamie Lyon will play for Manly

Manly -1.5 @ Evens (2 unit play)

Lean towards the over but it's juiced at 37.5 so no bet there

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Looks like most of us here are on either Manly or the Over, hope we don't all get buried.

Dr.Gonzo

Gould and Rabs are blind, unbearable commentary.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Gould and Rabs are blind, unbearable commentary.
    Did you think that ball was touched for the Manly try?

Dr.Gonzo

Did you think that ball was touched for the Manly try?
    Thurston had all the contact, Manly might have got a fingertip to it, couldn't tell, benefit of the doubt.

Dr.Gonzo

Manly -1.5 @ Evens (2 unit play)

Good result.

Cowboys are going to complain about the officials which is fantastic for tomorrow. There's a chance Raiders will get robbed but the pressure will really be on the officials to call it down the middle after tonight.

Can't see Manly beating Melbourne next week, they look beat up.

easysaid

That was such a bullshit call, I bet those manly fuckers were tipping the refs big after this game.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

I was on Manly but those last 2 tries were a joke. I couldn't believe they awarded those.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: easysaid

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post
    I was on Manly but those last 2 Try's were a joke. I couldn't believe they awarded those.
    2nd last try was 100% for me, ball clearly touches the line before he lifts the ball up again.

hawley

Couple of tough calls but I was pretty happy to see them go benefit of the doubt with attacking team.

Dr.Gonzo

If the shoe was on the other foot I probably would have been dirty, there's no doubt Manly got all the luck.

hawley

Pretty hard to argue there was conclusive evidence either way

Optional

Glad they got through. Agree they will struggle with Melbourne next week. WOuld not be surprised if Cherry-Evans is out the way he was nursing that shoulder at the end.

Dr.Gonzo

Very confident on the Raiders tonight, market is totally out of whack, obviously set on hype not form.

Raiders +8.5 @ 1.85 (3 units)
    Raiders ML @ 3.34 (1 units)

Dr.Gonzo

Raiders +8.5 @ 1.85 (3 units)
    Raiders ML @ 3.34 (1 units)

Very poor performance from the Raiders. Furner is a muppet, can't believe he didn't have the team drilled better to deal with Souths dummy half oriented attack. Really struggled to gain control of the ruck, and couldn't get markers in position.

Melbourne controlled the ruck, and as a result Souths looked lost. Obviously, you couldn't expect the Raiders to be as dominate, but that was pathetic.

Optional

That was a sad effort Dr G.

I was solid all week Raiders would roll.

Dr.Gonzo

Storm -2.5 (4.4 units)

Professional effort in week one, helped by a very significant home ground advantage, against a team that is carrying injuries and looks a little worn down.I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Eagles in round one, and was correct about them winning last week, that was more so based on the weak opposition.The Storm have a phenomenal defense and the Eagles attack has been struggling, expecting to see them get ground into submission tonight.

Dr.Gonzo

Storm -2.5 (4.4 units)
    too easy

12 Last