Betpoints: 79

ITM Cup kicks off this evening

Auckland and Hawkes Bay

Who are we on gentlemen?

I am looking at Auckland

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Auckland are very young but skilled as well. I might take a stab at the home team with the better value.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea.

Looking for some action. Waiting for a total from Bet365.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Im pretty much in the same boat brother. Where the **** are all the rugby gurus?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty107 View Post
    Im pretty much in the same boat brother. Where the **** are all the rugby gurus?
    None around anymore.

I am a league man, don't even know most of the guys taking the field tonight

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Real hard first week, if you're having a wager I'd keep them very low.

Auckland seem to be most peoples picks and the books have them coming in from the opening price, I don't know though Hawke's Bay are very hard to roll at home and look to have a decent forward pack and Guilford and Horrell in the backs. Can't tell much from the pre season games but Hawke's Bay getting touched up by Bay of Plenty is worrying for them, Auckland beat Counties and Northland who are both average at best.

Just a watch for me but Auckland narrowly as a a prediction.

RobertPaulson
    RobertPaulson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27239

Hey guys, thought i'd join the party....Going with Auckland ml small (0.5x) tonight. Should be close, both teams pretty even....last time they played it was a 34-34 draw....First game of the comp and all, no need to go crazy as there's plenty of opportunities to be had in the coming months.

Good luck guys

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Real hard first week, if you're having a wager I'd keep them very low.

Auckland seem to be most peoples picks and the books have them coming in from the opening price, I don't know though Hawke's Bay are very hard to roll at home and look to have a decent forward pack and Guilford and Horrell in the backs. Can't tell much from the pre season games but Hawke's Bay getting touched up by Bay of Plenty is worrying for them, Auckland beat Counties and Northland who are both average at best.

Just a watch for me but Auckland narrowly as a a prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
    Hey guys, thought i'd join the party....Going with Auckland ml small (0.5x) tonight. Should be close, both teams pretty even....last time they played it was a 34-34 draw....First game of the comp and all, no need to go crazy as there's plenty of opportunities to be had in the coming months.

Good luck guys

Thanks for the input guys..

Hopefully you guys hang around for the season.

Little disappointed I whiffed on the over now..ah well

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

Thanks for the input guys..

Hopefully you guys hang around for the season.

Little disappointed I whiffed on the over now..ah well

Yeah I'll hang around and try post a few winners, going to be tricky the first few weeks!

Early leans tomorrow of Wellington HT/FT and Tasman +14.5 but I'll do a better write up after some more research/weather look and finalise picks.

hawley

Cash Auckland

Looked like an epic game

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Yeah I'll hang around and try post a few winners, going to be tricky the first few weeks!

Early leans tomorrow of Wellington HT/FT and Tasman +14.5 but I'll do a better write up after some more research/weather look and finalise picks.
    Looking forward to your input mate

RobertPaulson
    RobertPaulson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27239

Good 1st win for Auckland and their backers......

Hey Hawley, i'm definitely gonna be around for the whole season. I was actually gonna make an official ITM cup thread or do you think we should just continue in here?

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by RobertPaulson View Post
    Good 1st win for Auckland and their backers......

Hey Hawley, i'm definitely gonna be around for the whole season. I was actually gonna make an official ITM cup thread or do you think we should just continue in here?

If you make a thread I will definitely contribute but as I said Rugby is certainly not my forte.

Always keen to have a punt on it though

Mase of Base

Weather shouldn't be an issue for the matches tonight, late start for the Tasman V Canterbury match will be a slippery surface due to the time however.

Manawatu v Wellington
    Wellington smashed Manawatu in pre season and while I'm not expecting a heavy beating I do think they'll be leading after both halves. This is a derby match and Manawatu have given Wellington all sorts of problems the past few seasons (won the last two) but without Smith and Cruden I think the Wellington backs have them covered. They will need to match Manawatu in the forwards as they'll be more than up for this and if Manawatu are to pull this game off this is how they'll do it by smashing Wellington at the break downs and winning turnover ball.

I can't see either side doing much in the early stages of this competition, Wellington to under achieve yet again and Manawatus heart and passion can only get them so far.

Wellington to be leading at half and full time for me @ $1.85.

Again keep wagers low as this is a derby match and as stated I don't think either side is that flash at this stage.

hawley

HT / FT looks good