Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

2012 London Summer Olympics ideas and leans thread.

I for one and very happy that after the NBA Finals,
    baseball (ugh) tennis and golf won't be the only choices
    during that usual downspell in the summer.
    Anyone else planning on researching these Olympics
    and hoping to make big $$$$ on London 2012 ?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

I always look for 1 or 2 big bets...

Last Olympics, I limit bet Aksel Lund Svindal @ +840 in one of the big downhill events. Cashed like 6k. Hoping to repeat some of that glory.

Snowball

Olympics can be a huge moneymaker

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I'm eyeing the swimming bets on Pinnacle, hoping they become available on a site that allows US players. As a former Division 1 collegiate swimmer I still follow the sport very closely and some of the lines are way off. I follow meets around the world and have a good feel for how fast everyone is going to go this August.

If any of you pinnacle players would like an extremely strong play that I am putting out there with the highest bit of confidence, bet Ryan Lochte to win 200 backstroke at +109. This line opened at +147 and I expect it to drop more, hopefully not too much before 5dimes puts swimming props up. Not only will we win but he's gonna blow everyone away.

I'll have more later.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dj_destroyer, and beefcake

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post

If any of you pinnacle players would like an extremely strong play that I am putting out there with the highest bit of confidence, bet Ryan Lochte to win 200 backstroke at +109. This line opened at +147 and I expect it to drop more, hopefully not too much before 5dimes puts swimming props up. Not only will we win but he's gonna blow everyone away.

I'll have more later.
    Tell us at +147 next time you prick... Threw 153.90 down to win 167.75 though so goodluck to us.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks for sharing Ramones have looke into it and like it too - interested to hear your thoughts on other events as we get closer to the date

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

angola to win the gold in basketball....+whatever it is....just play it and thank me later

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Tell us at +147 next time you prick... Threw 153.90 down to win 167.75 though so goodluck to us.
    Well i just checked today and it has dropped to -134 LOL screw pinnacle for not allowing US players...

Cant wait to get some action on these events when they are on 5dimes...

Snowball

USA to have more gold metals than China (-140)
    RUSSIA to have more gold metals than Great Britain (-195)

these look good (5Dimes)

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I'll be on the under if they have a "total gold medals for Australia in the swimming events" prop. we should get a good number with the local media hype & dumbasses making patriotic bets.

Also like Spain to win the gold in Basketball.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    I'll be on the under if they have a "total gold medals for Australia in the swimming events" prop. we should get a good number with the local media hype & dumbasses making patriotic bets.

MrXYZ

Yeah, USA will win, but the current European champs at +550 is worth a $20 play. Never said it was a lock, CanuckG. Just throwing out ideas.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Like Britain to win silver in basketball

ramones951

Pinnacle players:

Enourmous value right now in the Swimming section. Throw a little on Melissa Franklin to win gold in the 100 backstroke (+454). This is tremendous value. Last night, she swam the 2nd fastest time in the world this year in the semifinals. Will probably go even faster tonight in finals. On top of all of this, it's being reported that she isn't even fully rested yet.

If you know nothing about swimming, she is a 17 year old phenom who has exploded on the scene. Won 3 gold's at last year's World Championships so she has big meet experience. True odds for this should be around +200 at the highest....

ramones951

Pinnacle players:

Enourmous value right now in the Swimming section. Throw a little on Melissa Franklin to win gold in the 100 backstroke (+454). This is tremendous value. Last night, she swam the 2nd fastest time in the world this year in the semifinals. Will probably go even faster tonight in finals. On top of all of this, it's being reported that she isn't even fully rested yet.

If you know nothing about swimming, she is a 17 year old phenom who has exploded on the scene. Won 3 gold's at last year's World Championships so she has big meet experience. True odds for this should be around +200 at the highest....
    I hope at least some people listened! She set the American record tonight. The odds for Franklin to win the 100 Backstroke are now +273.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    USA to have more gold metals than China (-140)
    RUSSIA to have more gold metals than Great Britain (-195)

these look good (5Dimes)

The Russia over britain should be a good wager - surprised it wasn't more around -300

Anyone have any good article/study spots for this years olympics? I have been just checking out espn / olympic section

PolishSensation
    PolishSensation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5065

Anyone have odds for weightlifting?

A very nice pick in 105KG weightlifting is Marcin Dolega to medal.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by PolishSensation View Post
    Anyone have odds for weightlifting?

A very nice pick in 105KG weightlifting is Marcin Dolega to medal.
    Pinnacle has him to win the gold at +915. No option yet for him to medal.

ramones951

Pinnacle players:

Swimming: Take Federica Pellegrini NOT to win the gold in the 200 freestyle (-105). She will be in contention, but this race is WIDE open. She hasn't been been the top two in the world in 2 years. There are at least 7 other women that are capable of beating her. Three of them have a GREAT chance of beating her, and have been swimming much better. Great odds to get 7 people over Pellegrini who shouldn't even be favored in the first place. This is currently the strongest play on the board.

More to come...

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    The Russia over britain should be a good wager - surprised it wasn't more around -300
    This has actually moved in the other direction.
    Russia over GB is down to -170
    I really like this bet.
    Must be the GB homers ?
    5Dimes doesn't have the indiv athlete props yet

keep the ideas coming
    i may bet all the ideas here
    lets make some frikkin $$$

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    no you don't like spain to win, you like the value on spain. if you were in a contest right now to pick the winner, you would pick the US to win the gold and so would Canuck G.

MrXYZ

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    no you don't like spain to win, you like the value on spain. if you were in a contest right now to pick the winner, you would pick the US to win the gold and so would Canuck G.
    Exactly.

Found some Gold Medal lines:

Britain -10.5 -117 (1.83)
    Australia +10.5 -117 (1.83)

USA -3.5 +100 (2.00)
    China +3.5 -127 (1.73)

Russia -2.5 +100 (2.00)
    Britain +2.5 -127 (1.73)

USA -16.5 -10.5 -117 (1.83)
    Britain +16.5 +10.5 -117 (1.83)
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 06-30-12 at 08:59 PM.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post

At -155 now lookin good

ramones951

Good value in Sarah Sjostrom to win Womens 100 Butterfly at +480. Dana Vollmer looking very strong in this but I would take a shot at the world record holder at nearly 5:1. 3 tenths of a second is all the separates these girl's times this year.

ramones951

Pinnacle players:

Swimming: Take Federica Pellegrini NOT to win the gold in the 200 freestyle (-105). She will be in contention, but this race is WIDE open. She hasn't been been the top two in the world in 2 years. There are at least 7 other women that are capable of beating her. Three of them have a GREAT chance of beating her, and have been swimming much better. Great odds to get 7 people over Pellegrini who shouldn't even be favored in the first place. This is currently the strongest play on the board.

More to come...
    This is now at -150, hope at least some people are throwing a little on these!! Dying for 5dimes to come out with some lines... these guys don't have a clue

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jordan Burroughs to win his weight in wrestling...kid is a PHENOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2Fy2xauLo

Snowball

If any of you have Cox for cable, go to the On Demand
    then to Free Zone, there is tons of free previews and athlete info
    to watch. I'm rooting for Carmelita Jeter and Lolo Jones.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

do we load up on bolt for 100m/200m? fluke he lost to blake?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Man some of you guys have good info here

Just goes to show there are always sharps around even in small sports

Books really have to do their homework on these lines

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

I'm eyeing the swimming bets on Pinnacle, hoping they become available on a site that allows US players. As a former Division 1 collegiate swimmer I still follow the sport very closely and some of the lines are way off. I follow meets around the world and have a good feel for how fast everyone is going to go this August.

I'll have more later.
    You need to start up a swimming thread for us Ramones.

3 or 4 nice calls so far

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You need to start up a swimming thread for us Ramones.

3 or 4 nice calls so far
    It's at -231 now haha. I'll see if I can get a thread going.

ramones951

I always hate using the "L" word but the USA men to win gold in the 4x100 medley relay looks pretty damn sexy right now at -148. Absolutely absurd this isn't lower! All of these lines have tightened up since Pinnacle released them, but this one is still WAY off. True odds for this should honestly be at least -400. Again, I won't use the "L" word because weird things happen (false starts), but that would just be a disaster...

FACT: The USA men have won Olympic gold in the 4x100 medley relay EVERY SINGLE OLYMPIC GAME since this event was created in 1960 (excluding the 1980 Olympics which the USA boycotted, obviously). But of course I'm not basing the bet on that fact alone because things change over time. Here are the details:

Our two main opponents in this event are Australia (+325) and Japan (+425). Everyone else is literally a non-factor.

Medley relays are swum in the order of backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, freestyle.

For Australia:
    1. They have no backstroker! USA's backstroker Matt Grevers is currently the best in the world and is nearly 2 seconds faster than Australia's!
    2. For breaststroke, USA and Australia are virtually even. Neither side has a huge advantage. If anything, I would say USA might have a very slight edge, but we'll just call it even.
    3. Butterfly - USA has a guy named Michael Phelps in control of that (defending 2x gold medalist in the 100 butterfly), another huge edge over the Aussies, who are relatively very weak in the butterfly.
    4. The only leg which Australia has an advantage in is freestyle. Worst case scenario for USA would be Australia's freestyler, Magnussen, will outsplit our freestyler, Adrian, by about 0.75 seconds, which is a decent margin. Problem for Australia is how far behind they will be due to the other 3 legs of the relay! Before the freestylers even enter the water, USA could have a 2.5 second lead, which barring Adrian's leg falling off in the water would be insurmountable.

For Japan:

The case is similar but in a different order.

1. Japan's backstroker may be able to somewhat keep up with Grevers. I will give Grevers about a 0.5 second advantage in this, and that may be a little generous for Japan.
    2. Japan has an edge in the breaststroke. Kitajima is a stud, and there' a good chance he'll give Japan the lead after 2 legs. This has happened the past several international meets in this event.
    3. It's about to get real ugly, real fast for Japan. The may be even weaker in butterfly than Australia, and remember who they are going against for the USA. (Japan could lose about 1.5 seconds on this leg)
    4. And the best for last (from the USA's standpoint) is the freestyle leg. Japan is, and always has been, borderline laughable in the freestyle. It has always been their Achilles heel, and nothing has seemed to change in recent years: You have to scroll down to 67th on the world rankings to find their fastest 100 freestyler. It's a joke.

Sorry for the long write-up, but it just amazed me that this line is at -148. Never seen one so far off, including all the other ones I've exposed so far.... If you play at Pinnacle, grab it while you can.

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

thanks ramones
    keep em coming

x2
    x2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

This is now at -150, hope at least some people are throwing a little on these!! Dying for 5dimes to come out with some lines... these guys don't have a clue
    5dimes will come out with them and they will open by copying pinnacle. I think you are costing yourself here.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by x2 View Post
    5dimes will come out with them and they will open by copying pinnacle. I think you are costing yourself here.
    You're probably right. However I do this mostly for recreation/entertainment so if I'm helping others beat the books I'm fine with it. As long as I can make a small profit then it's all good, which shouldn't be a problem since I see at least 1 value play in all the swimming events listed.

1234 ... Last