milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Fair enough raydbut you called me a liar which i certainly am not. I was not theree for the drop, but nobody wouldve been able tO place that ball where it was because of the 200 people there, 180 of us ran up to the grEen after she dropped the ball. It was very tough to maneuver with the huge crowd and i can guarantee there was no camera guy there until the players got up there.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    was never doubting the ball was picked up... with all the people around, i find it very hard to believe that it came to rest 6 inches behind a tree if he got a drop in a place where he had a swing...you just dont get those kind of mistakes on tour...and you definitely dont get them at an open...
    how about the 2000 pga championship pal?

Let me know what REALLY happened to tiger's ball during his drive on 18 in the playoff

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Let me know what REALLY happened to tiger's ball during his drive on 18 in the playoff
    come on inthedrink there were 8 million cameras at that event so there's no way that ball could have been thrown out of the bush (even though it was)

maybe raydog can consult with his pgatour buddies who weren't at that event or anywhere near me and the girl in 2008 to find out what happened

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    Fair enough raydbut you called me a liar which i certainly am not. I was not theree for the drop, but nobody wouldve been able tO place that ball where it was because of the 200 people there, 180 of us ran up to the grEen after she dropped the ball. It was very tough to maneuver with the huge crowd and i can guarantee there was no camera guy there until the players got up there.
    i didnt call you a liar..i think you are mistaken where the ball had actually come to rest...there are many cameras on each back side hole and a camera can pick up virtually everything hundreds of yards away, very clearly...obv. a tree or something would block the view...(and i do realize that this might have actually been his front side) you really think a camera wasnt on or trying to be on tiger and his ball when he is hitting it bad and hits it in the shit somewhere? thats exactly what they are looking for...

raydog

you will have to remind me, pal...i simply dont remember every shot the guy has hit, but i remember it was at valhalla and against bob may...i think..lolz...but what i will say, after reading mm's post, if the ball was still in motion, anything can happen to it without it being placed back... neither of you really have any idea of the difficult rules or who you are discussing them with...so i will give you a pass on this with no hard feelings

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Unreal

Its arguably the most important single shot in the tiger slam and it's no big deal simply because he doesn't remember it....only on sbr

raydog

didnt say it was no big deal, pal, it was 12 years ago...i remember some big putts from then, but the tee ball, sorry, i just dont remember...if you would like to know what i think, stop trying to be a smartass and at least fill me in on the shot...or find me a video of it or something

raydog

oh yeah, i did a brief search...the conspiracy shot that obviously caught a break while rolling...and like i said, even if someone kicked it or something, if you knew the rule, you would understand that ball wouldnt be replaced back anywhere because it would have still been in motion when it was touched ...(which never happened although some conspiracy idiots think it might have and said it looked odd... really nothing has even been mentioned about it besides it being a lucky break... and with as many tiger haters there are now, dont you think it would have come up a lot? ) ...

not real sure why you decided to chime in anyways...some people cant handle being wrong and consider it an insult instead of being educated on something...

gl tomorrow boyz...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

cameras absolutely everywhere on those holes... when officials given the word of a drop, everything goes to the booth for confirmation and video...been there first hand and there is literally nothing missed by cameras on course ...especially in the majors and especially the back 9, where cams are double...
    Man you're really good at completely missing a point huh? You see, absolutely no one knows what happened and ken Venturi to this day swears that someone threw or kicked the ball out AFTER it was at rest. You're quite the smug tool aren't you pal? Lol @ caddy buddies. Look at you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ratings tripled on Sunday vs last year same day

Tiger is bigger than Golf..only player in any sport to have that title ever

raydog

i didnt call you a liar..i think you are mistaken where the ball had actually come to rest...there are many cameras on each back side hole and a camera can pick up virtually everything hundreds of yards away, very clearly...obv. a tree or something would block the view...(and i do realize that this might have actually been his front side) you really think a camera wasnt on or trying to be on tiger and his ball when he is hitting it bad and hits it in the shit somewhere? thats exactly what they are looking for...
    who is missing a point, inner? thats not something i often do and now that i remember the shot, i remember very clearly that ball never could have completely come to rest...it was still moving along nicely when it went out of view ...this is why there was never much more talk about it...he wouldnt have had to place it anyways...if someone kicked it or not, it was a damn lucky break, i totally agree.

fwiw, im not smug tool when im right...im as down to earth as anyone, this just happens to be the sport in which i have the most overall knowledge...especially in regards to rules...so many fukking tests to take in order to be certified to do different things in the program...i admit its been around 15 yrs ago and i might not be as sharp as i once was...

i do house 3-5 caddies every year for the st.jude...have done it for many years...played some college golf with a few of them and played some hooters events with a few who are caddies now and just werent good enough to make it...i wasnt good enough either and decided to teach for a few more years until i got into my business now...sorry if i come off smug...was simply trying to make a point there has never been any type of conspiracy to allow tiger to win...

oh and also, venturi was a massive drunk...tried to blame all the slurring on a stuttering problem or some shit when in fact he was bombed most days in the booth...was forced into retirement sometime early 2000s ... guy was a mess... some of this convo has been under the influence of some strong sake, so i also apologize again for any smugness you picked up on...

milwaukee mike

raydog since you mention the st jude, i was there in memphis last year and something struck me as crazy for a pga event.

i forget which hole but along the right side about 100 yards down the fairway someone was having a pool party in their yard and they were so loud you could hear them back at the tee box. with all the quiet signs everywhere, i was wondering why this was allowed? i guess maybe you can't stop people from doing what they want in their own yard but it was really distracting and ridiculous behavior.

raydog

yeah man, their are a few holes like that...6 and 7 have homes down the right sides on the front and an apt. complex...their is one guy on the left side of 12 who hosts parties a few nights and they might get an early start... and of course, there is a few huge houses on 18 about 75-100 out down right side where kids usually act a fool at the pools...that was probably it since thats literally the only hole on the back with homes on the right..i think they are loud every year...i dunno man, they cram homes in so damn close on the tpc courses nowadays...but you know, those people are members and the board should be laying down the fukking law on that kind of stuff

you in town? or coming in this year? let me know...i wont make it out there but maybe a few hours wed-fri because of work, but will have all the clubhouse badges and hopefully a few extra passes to the big fedex tent behind 18... where you drink and eat like kings... pm me if you are gonna be here

milwaukee mike

thx a million raydog but i don't think i'm going to make it this year

even though your offer or the all-you-can-drink beer for $10 on the 12th are really tempting...

should be a fun week of golf with mcilroy, dustin johnson, etc there this year

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

some of this convo has been under the influence of some strong sake, so i also apologize again for any smugness you picked up on...

it's all good...there aren't enough knowledgeable golf guys on here so i appreciate any guys who know their stuff

and as much as sake tastes like dirty dish water to me i cant stop drinking it either when its in front of me

milwaukee mike

If you think sake tastes like dirty water you should heat it first! The cheap sake tastes bad chilled

milwaukee mike

Someone find video of these events, i cant find the 3rd rd 2008 17th hole tee shot or the 2000pga championship 18th hole playoff tee shot

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    If you think sake tastes like dirty water you should heat it first! The cheap sake tastes bad chilled
    who drinks cold sake? that sounds disgusting! it tastes like shit to me when its heated but i still like to drink it for some reason lol

and as for the 2000 moment the funny thing is they showed it on TGC the other day but i cant find it on youtube....theres a few long videos of all the highlights but not of just that moment and i dont feel like sitting through them

milwaukee mike

Good sake is supposed to be chilled
    there is a big difference between quality sake and cheap crap

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

no idea...i eat at pretty good sushi spots and just take what they give me....im not gonna act all cultured when it comes to that shit cuz i really have no idea

milwaukee mike

no idea...i eat at pretty good sushi spots and just take what they give me....im not gonna act all cultured when it comes to that shit cuz i really have no idea
    Yeah i dont like sushi but learned a lot about booze from my dad

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

dont wanna start a new golf thread....you guys see this shit? from what i read on yahoo this putt sent this club pro to the us open for the first time in 12 tries....crazy!

First 12