shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Shari, brettels, good call on the tigers. They r looking solid.
    Sorry Cooch. I thought I'd made a pretty good argument across the road but you were quite adamant and I know how that goes because I get the same way. I stand by the Eagles having done sweet jack all so far this season. They've just had an easy schedule whereas Richmond keeps coming up against stronger teams and hanging in there. And now seeing the Hawks get blown out today, that one match I had told you I gave the Eagles credit for is out the window too. What a weird year so far. The mediocre teams are getting undervalued by the linesmakers and the supposedly strong teams can't keep it up for 4 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Does this Rievolt guy get the same sort of superstar treatment as Buddy?
    No but he's the star of the Tigers and is normally a scoring machine. He's been copping it because he only had 6 coming into today.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Tigers are fo real

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Tigers are fo real
    Yeah got a good crop this year Trent Cotchin getting absolutely hammered these first few rounds, good call shari on WCE not doing jack shit but then again we haven't done jack shit either yet we won the hawks. Great comeback gotta love that ferocious desperate defense of the swans! Congrats to Goodsey as well

Punter101

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They heard I threw them in 2 parlays as 'sure things'.
    Good one man, tough luck anyone know what the total was set on for hawks/swans?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Punter101 View Post
    Yeah got a good crop this year Trent Cotchin getting absolutely hammered these first few rounds, good call shari on WCE not doing jack shit but then again we haven't done jack shit either yet we won the hawks. Great comeback gotta love that ferocious desperate defense of the swans! Congrats to Goodsey as well
    I'm truly ignoring the Hawks now and am not giving any credence to wins over them. I don't care how much talent they have and how most say they should be in the GF this year, if not win it all. 100% the only thing that saved me from taking them today was Goodes. Every time I get involved with one of those celebration matches I get turfed whether I'm thinking the team will play strong for their player or I fade thinking there's too much hype. I would've been livid watching that 2H.

shari91

The Swans total was around 175 depending when you got it.

Punter101

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The Swans total was around 175 depending when you got it.
    Wow almost spot on, some ppl must be pissed now I was dissapointed we were losing at HT but it was expected, but I knew this is where swans shine and the boys really got up for goodsey next 7 games for us are a walk in the park 1 or 2 losses max then well you can see the schedule for yourself I warn you though we might lose a couple of games in the run-in

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

nice call shari/brettels on the tigers...boxscore looks pretty dang close...sorry coochy...another win 1, lose 1 night for me...at least adelaide did their thing...actually went out to celebrate Lao New Year and never saw any footy at all...appears as if sydney is the real freakin deal this year though...and that hawthorn might have been severely overhyped and are undermanned ... long weekend...back at it next week guys and gals

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missed the swans over because I went with the 20c better odds on 175.5 instead of taking 174.5.... what can you do.

Great showing from the tigers, I think I've underestimated what they have done. Still think the eagles are a good team, still got the win away from home and on a bit of an off day, says a bit about their character. Wouldn't want to be the roos playing them over there next week!

Escaped the round with my nose just in front... pretty good result after getting sucked into a few bets, and a few upset results/close misses. I don't think anyone on here had a really bad week? I think now the season is well and truly under way, we can start having some big weeks

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Coopertrooper View Post
    Missed the swans over because I went with the 20c better odds on 175.5 instead of taking 174.5.... what can you do.

Great showing from the tigers, I think I've underestimated what they have done. Still think the eagles are a good team, still got the win away from home and on a bit of an off day, says a bit about their character. Wouldn't want to be the roos playing them over there next week!

Escaped the round with my nose just in front... pretty good result after getting sucked into a few bets, and a few upset results/close misses. I don't think anyone on here had a really bad week? I think now the season is well and truly under way, we can start having some big weeks
    I wrote this to Coochy elsewhere about the Tiges before the game when I was explaining why I liked them:

"I don't think Richmond can win but I think they can keep it close enough to screw the line. They were in it against the Cats, up until part way through the 4th they were right there with the Blues (yay) and they held the Pies to one goal in the 4th to only lose by 21 when they were down by 41 heading in. Riewoldt and Vickery have been copping it and I read earlier today that their defence has improved 4 spots so far this year - holding teams to only about 90pts per match, which is an improvement of 20 over last season. Pretty crazy considering other than Melb, they've played 3 sides that will be in the finals.

Not sure if I'm going to play it but the only win of WCE's I rate so far is over the Hawks. GWS, the Bulldogs (as we saw yest) and Melb obv count for nothing. GL to you - I hope they get it done for you!"

And I stand by that. They're going to win a big one soon. As are Melb and GC I think. They're all scrapping and not giving up when the so-called big teams can't sustain it for four quarters regardless of the result. And now seeing how the Hawks got destroyed by Sydney, I'm not sure if I should chalk that up to Sydney being killer or the Hawks just sucking nards. I agree though that we've all managed to scrape by this wknd - obv my Freo bet365 cancellation and only playing Geelong after that helped a ton - but we should be at a point where between all of us, considering we're spread across the country and overseas, we have a decent grasp of a team's actual form and not just the start of season hype. We need to study and discuss. Again though: I am ditching the Hawks. I don't give a piss if they win every game here on out. I refuse to take them with a double digit spread. Maybe even anything over 5.

shari91

Oh - and I should clarify I didn't post that to say that Coochy should've listened. Because there are many times I should've listened to him and didn't.

My point was we can all bring info about teams that some overlook. I can't stand Adelaide or Port so I ignore them. But I think amongst all of us - and I think our AFL group is growing weekly - we should be able to piece together enough info to make it profitable. These lines are much easier to beat than US sports so we need to take advantage of it as much as we can

Punter101

Oh - and I should clarify I didn't post that to say that Coochy should've listened. Because there are many times I should've listened to him and didn't.

My point was we can all bring info about teams that some overlook. I can't stand Adelaide or Port so I ignore them. But I think amongst all of us - and I think our AFL group is growing weekly - we should be able to piece together enough info to make it profitable. These lines are much easier to beat than US sports so we need to take advantage of it as much as we can
    Couldn't agree more. As for your remark about swans hammering the hawks i take it that was sarcastic If by hammer you mean totally outgun when it mattered then I agree with you 100%, we can never seem to put team's away ever. The last 5 minutes of Richmond - WCE game was absolutely magnificent to watch, it's why we watch footy and love it so much. 2 behinds and a dropped mark from Riewoldt should have given them the game but it was not to be. I'm gonna take GWS to cover the spread in a couple of games love what the coach has done over there thus far.

shari91

Couldn't agree more. As for your remark about swans hammering the hawks i take it that was sarcastic If by hammer you mean totally outgun when it mattered then I agree with you 100%, we can never seem to put team's away ever. The last 5 minutes of Richmond - WCE game was absolutely magnificent to watch, it's why we watch footy and love it so much. 2 behinds and a dropped mark from Riewoldt should have given them the game but it was not to be. I'm gonna take GWS to cover the spread in a couple of games love what the coach has done over there thus far.
    Yeah the Tigers loss was disappointing because once I'd conceded that Coochy's bet was done, I just wanted Richmond to win. They had their chances but couldn't do it yet again. I remember looking at 365 halfway through the 4th and the line was Richmond -1.5 and I was thinking if only I wasn't lazy, I would've hammered WCE on the +1.5. Sucks not to be able to just point and click any more. Richmond's going to get someone as is Melb. I'm 100% sure. They fight. Can't say the same for the biggies.

Sheedy's got GWS ready to roll. And GC without Ablett? Everyone thought it'd be a major blowout. Either they're starting to gun or the bigs aren't as big as we thought. That's what we need to figure out.

Punter101

Yeah the Tigers loss was disappointing because once I'd conceded that Coochy's bet was done, I just wanted Richmond to win. They had their chances but couldn't do it yet again. I remember looking at 365 halfway through the 4th and the line was Richmond -1.5 and I was thinking if only I wasn't lazy, I would've hammered WCE on the +1.5. Sucks not to be able to just point and click any more. Richmond's going to get someone as is Melb. I'm 100% sure. They fight. Can't say the same for the biggies.

Sheedy's got GWS ready to roll. And GC without Ablett? Everyone thought it'd be a major blowout. Either they're starting to gun or the bigs aren't as big as we thought. That's what we need to figure out.
    Yeah if it was last year GC without Ablett = major fade, but this year the young guys they got over in the midfield are seeing it as an opportunity to shine and they have done a great job thus far. Tigers definetely going to get at least 1 major upset, too talented a crop to not do so and betting in game stupid ppl in charge

shari91

Yeah if it was last year GC without Ablett = major fade, but this year the young guys they got over in the midfield are seeing it as an opportunity to shine and they have done a great job thus far. Tigers definetely going to get at least 1 major upset, too talented a crop to not do so and betting in game stupid ppl in charge
    That GC game was crazy. I don't think anyone expected them to cover that without Gaz.

So funny... a friend from Louisiana texted me about 10mins ago to say "thanks for the Richmond bet". I tossed my phone at my washing machine.

He also said though - which I believe - watch Sydney and don't fade the "low" teams. Either take the points or pass.

He's one of those guys who has never stepped foot in this country but somehow has become obsessed with a sport. Could prob rattle off stats for like the past 6 yrs and pays more attention than we do. He is right about Syd... I never rated them away from home but they're a bit of a worry now as far as every Vic team is concerned. And I truly think every Vic team can beat every other one at this point. Just takes some accurate kicking. Like is there seriously one dominant team this year? No... which is what is a fright as bettors.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It looks like Shari is sharpest AFL capper here

She is schooling everyone

A woman no less

Aussie men you should be embarrassed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone betting this

Newcastle vs Penrith

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anyone betting this

Newcastle vs Penrith

wrong sport fool

Coopertrooper
    Coopertrooper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was just surprised that the eagles midfield didn't dominate and break the game open in the second half. A few tigers finaly found some form (like Martin, and for a patch, Riewoldt), and considering who they have been competitive with.... I guess it should have been one to tread lightly with, but you can't get every one right. Won't be taking the tigers so lightly again after that showing! I haven't seen as many games as I usualy would (real life getting in the way of the footy!), and I think it has told a bit. You really need to see what is going on, and even then it has been tough, but it'll definately get better if we all share what we're seeing

The suns... no Ablett, but also no Rischitelli and no Harbrow. That game was just crazy, they are getting so much out of their kids, but still can't run a full game out. They've pushed the roos for a half, and the bombers for 3 quarters, but just can't play a full game yet. They'll start pinching games soon (And seem a lock against GWS in round 7 at this stage!).

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It looks like Shari is sharpest AFL capper here

She is schooling everyone

A woman no less

Aussie men you should be embarrassed
    Goldy, went on a hot streak for 6 months, got cocky this last month and lost focus..

We know what happens when we get cocky and force plays instead of sticking to what works (for me thats spot betting)...

Call me soft but im having a break and when come back will stick to all-in type projects.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Coochy refocus pal

We need you contributing here. You want me to come out to the ranch and we can do some farming?

First ... 3456