kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

The Alabama --- Saratoga Saturday

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adieu will be tough, but to short to back (I assume). I'll take a stab at Pine Island to come over the top.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

I'm playing Miss Shop with Pine Island. Miss Shop ran 3rd last out in the CCAA and might run a little better around two turns since Saratoga has been good to closers.

Trainer Allen Jerkens has won two stakes in the last week, with Swap Fliparoo and War Front. He also enters Teammate here, likely to set a fast pace and set up the closer. They are not coupled in the wagering.

Also on Saturday, maiden race in the 7th has a horse named Hostile Takeover who had a brutal trip first out at Saratoga. They switch to Gomez here and I think he'll be favored, but might be worth keeping an eye on. Gets an outside post for this race.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pyramid Love looks like a live longshot.

There is no speed in this race Wonder Lady Anne might'
    have a perfect trip on the rail laying 2nd behind Teammate
    who will quit. I'll take Wonder Lady anne.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Pine Island ... Went off the favorite against many in here the last time on a muddy track ... Just missed.

Seattle Slew

I might throw Wonder Lady in my exacta with Miss Shop. She ran a huge race last time, pulling clear despite some hard pressure early in the race. I was shocked she was still around at the finish. Prado/Dutrow team is always dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    There is no speed in this race Wonder Lady Anne might'
    have a perfect trip on the rail laying 2nd behind Teammate
    who will quit. I'll take Wonder Lady anne.

Seattle Slew

Just my luck. I play the other Jerkens horse and Teammate runs second at 15-1 and pays $69 in the exacta with the chalk. Can't complain though. My pick had a perfect trip and had nothing turning for home. Tough to like Teammate off the PPs.

That race wasn't as bad as the MSW two races earlier. My key horse Hostile Takeover gets a perfect trip right off dueling leaders. He angles 3-wide in the lane and I thought he blow by them both. He couldn't even pass the second horse for my exacta and places 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Trainer Allen Jerkens has won two stakes in the last week, with Swap Fliparoo and War Front. He also enters Teammate here, likely to set a fast pace and set up the closer. They are not coupled in the wagering.

Also on Saturday, maiden race in the 7th has a horse named Hostile Takeover who had a brutal trip first out at Saratoga. They switch to Gomez here and I think he'll be favored, but might be worth keeping an eye on. Gets an outside post for this race.