Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Saratoga, Arlington Million?

Anyone having any luck playing Saratoga? As bad as I've been all year, I've gotten lucky at Saratoga with some nice winners in the first two weeks, but have not made as much as I should due to exacta losses. I've had a bunch of 8-1 shots win or place, but just can't hook up an exacta.

Of course, as soon as I start posting, I'll go cold. But I'm keeping a tally of key horses and a couple are running Friday and Saturday.

Friday's 4th race. Keep an eye out for Air Race. Last race on July 31 was a miserable trip under Mike Smith. Horse was full of run the entire stretch and never got clear. I figured the trainer must be furious with Smith and likely would pull him off the horse, which is what she did. Mike Luzzi rides with an outside post on Friday.

In Saturday's Vanderbilt, War Front is my pick. I had him at Belmont last time at 7-2 in the Tom Fool and he lost by a neck to Bc Sprint winner Silver Train. Looked like a winner all the way in the 7 furlong race. Cuts back to 6 furlongs here and there is a ton of speed to his inside. He's a fast horse as well, but has shown some rating ability, so hopefully Santos can keep him outside and make a move if the speed falters.

Any picks on the Arlington races?

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

The Arlington Million looks like a nice competitive race ... I'm going with #10 Cacique.

I'm with you on the 4th race at the Spa today ... 5/1 ML at 2/1 right now with 18 min. to go.
    Attached Images  

Seattle Slew

I like Cacique as well. Been on him his last two, a win and a place. I think the bigger field and more pace up front will help him. I'm going to throw longshot Touch of Land in as well. I had him last year in this race and he ran OK, but didn't have a clean trip.

In the Secretariat, I like Go Between on top of Showing Up. I think the favorite (Showing Up) is beatable here. That Colonial race he won was crazy. A speedball went out by 15 lengths and kinda played hacov with the race. Showing Up was in better position than Go Between, but I think he can turn the tables here.

The Beverly D looks tough to beat Gorella, but I'm chasing a longshot in Minge Cove. Will be a huge price, but ran a decent 3rd in his last at Arlington with a bad trip in the stretch.

Seattle Slew

Damn, frecking Air Race gets a perfect trip and has nothing in the stretch. In the post parade, I said watch "Heathrow" win for hunch players (Heathrow Airport in the news yesterday). Wins easily at big price. Favorite broke down half-mile into the race.