qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Rugby World Cup - All Blacks

I live the southern US so rugby is not very popular. I love the game and would like to learn more about it. I would like to place a few micro bets on some games and would like some advice or some picks. The All Blacks really appeal to me (love the haka). I know they are the home team but from what I have read, the the team seems to choke. So who are the favorites. Who would you pick? I am only betting $5 per game so it's not a big loss or win.

Also - does anyone know why the All Blacks no longer do the cut throat haka?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

They still do that haka (kapa o pango) ppl thought it was abit too graphic with the throat cut but most the players do it anyway.

It's quite hard to go against the all blacks in this position, even with the worlds greatest first five out injured. Don't pay much attention to the choke label.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave Beniphone 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    They still do that haka (kapa o pango) ppl thought it was abit too graphic with the throat cut but most the players do it anyway.

It's quite hard to go against the all blacks in this position, even with the worlds greatest first five out injured. Don't pay much attention to the choke label.
    Well, let the All blacks prove that to us!
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave PickApprentice 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Beniphone

This is a very capable ozzy side...

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks for the replies. I really want to see the game, although it starts at 4am in my time zone. The line I see now is NZ -7 AU + 7. I have no idea if this is good or not.
    Last edited by qwertvt; 10-14-11 at 12:18 PM.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Aussies did not have a good showing against the South Africans. They were outplayed in nearly every department except for desperation defense. They were fortunate to get penalties nearly every time (probably only 6 times total) they entered the boks 40.
    The Aussie defense was what won them the match and they will have to rely on that once again against the All Blacks. The All Blacks didn't appear as sharp on the offensive side as they did earlier in the tourney. I would expect a low scoring contest in the semi-final matchup as neither squad appeared to have much offensive threat.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave hels 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

I think it's fair to say the All Blacks have offensive threat.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave donkson 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

All Blacks have given up 3 tries against top opposition (France & Argentina) whilst the Wallabies have yet to concede a try against top opposition (Ireland, Italy & South Africa). Defence wins these games.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave RLF 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Beniphone

Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    All Blacks have given up 3 tries against top opposition (France & Argentina) whilst the Wallabies have yet to concede a try against top opposition (Ireland, Italy & South Africa). Defence wins these games.
    Look at the way those tries were scored. I do see your point tho

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    The Aussies did not have a good showing against the South Africans. They were outplayed in nearly every department except for desperation defense. They were fortunate to get penalties nearly every time (probably only 6 times total) they entered the boks 40.
    The Aussie defense was what won them the match and they will have to rely on that once again against the All Blacks. The All Blacks didn't appear as sharp on the offensive side as they did earlier in the tourney. I would expect a low scoring contest in the semi-final matchup as neither squad appeared to have much offensive threat.
    Totally agree, a lot of people are letting the outcome of the SAF game cloud the reality - Australia were soundly outplayed in nearly all facets of the game, and if they played like that against a more capable attacking team they would be well and truly beaten.

I see a comfortable AB's victory here, with Australia not even with a chance coming into the final quarter of the game. Haven't been game to take the spread here in case there's a back door so have parlayed AB's with other favs in other sports all week - now have a good amount riding on them at 1:1 odds.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave benrama 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.