kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

afl.com.au

This is a weird voting year!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I have one hour left working here at SBR tonight and the Brownlow is putting me to sleep. I'm cheering for you guys with bets going though.

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

Nice pick with Swan gee, got done with outrights but h2hs and team votes got me up half a unit yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7772

who was the
    Leader After Round 12?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Yay! Finally won one of these lucky dip games! not sure who was heading after 12... Swan was leading at 14 or so when I actually tuned in i think.

Aussports
    Aussports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by Aussports View Post
    Taken a few bets just for laughs (1 unit overall)
    0.1 West Coast Eagles - Most Votes – Dean Cox @ 2.45 – Most Votes - Team
    0.2 Brownlow Medal Winner - 2011 – Scott Pendlebury @ 4.00 – Outright Winner
    0.1 North Melbourne - Most Votes – Drew Petrie @ 21.00 – Most Votes - Team
    0.1 Port Adelaide Power - Most Votes – Any Other Player Not Listed @ 16.00 – Most Votes - Team

0.5 Brownlow Medal - Top 5 – Matthew Boyd @ 2.20 – Top 5 Finish
    up 0.1 unit haha better than a loss

cox just missed out by a point

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by rob_nuts View Post
    Is anybody going to be betting on the Brownlow on Monday night?

I had a great year last year, mainly betting most vote winners from each team, but not many sites are offering that option this year. There are a few good bets that I have found that I think are good value.

Boyd $1.78 v Ablett $2. Boyd is great value here, although Albett had a massive year at the Suns traditionally it is very difficult for players on losing teams to poll consistently, and Boyd is definitely going to poll in a lot of the Dogs games this year.

Scott Pendlebury to get most votes from Collingwood is $1.40, not paying a lot but he should do enough to out-poll Swan this year, he was only 3 votes behind him last year and has had a much better year this year as well as the fact Swan missed a few games in the middle of the year.

Dean Cox @ $2.50 is interesting, going on his form this year most people think he would be a roughie for a Top 5 finish or higher, although looking at previous years when West Coast were one of the top 2 or 3 teams, and Cox was in career best form he never polled more than 5 points. I think this year he would be hard to not give votes to, even though the umpires clearly prefer midfielders I really think he has had a great year and will just outpoll Priddis, with Kerr and Embley taking some votes off him.

Swan/Penlebury $2.00 vs. Judd/Murphy $1.80, bit of a risk taking on the favourite and Murphy who had a great year, but looking a bit closer, Pendles has had his career best year, Swan will poll in 8+ games in the last half of the year and the Pies only lost 2 games the entire year, meaning that their best players will poll nearly every game. I really like the look of this bet.

(These prices are on SportingBet)

Looks like you had another good year Rob.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Quote Originally Posted by Aussports View Post
    up 0.1 unit haha better than a loss

cox just missed out by a point
    Rodan should have gotten a 2 and a few more 1's. At least 2 more votes!!!!!

rob_nuts
    rob_nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Ended up losing a bit of an 8-leg multi, had 8 team winners but Swan got most votes for the Pies!

Made up a bit of it by taking Swan/Pendles to beat Murph/Judd, but should have left the multi alone.

Some very weird BOG's were given, especially to Swan, I think Judd was very hard done by, should have been a closer race between him and Swan IMO, maybe Swans award was just a year late

kingsr

Yep I feel Swan got rorted last year and they made up for it this year.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks fellas for all the tips, ended up on Goodes and Pendo to win, and Judd not to win, had much more on the last bet so ended up working out OK. Must have been some strong late money on Judd not to win, I put two bets on Judd in succession and Pinny went from -130 odd to -145 in the process.

Some weird results from the medal, and I've watched a LOT of the Pies this year and no way Swan was better than Pendlebury, but that's why the medal is a bit of lotto; also can't believe Goodes got so few votes.

Definitely felt like Swan karmic payback from last year.

kingsr

Agree Pendles was the better player throughout the year. Sometimes individuals attract more votes than others...maybe this time it was Swan's Tatoos. He deserved it more last year imo so this is considered redemption.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    He deserved it more last year imo so this is considered redemption.
    Think you hit the nail on the head. Something we should note for the future.

First 12