IDunno89
    IDunno89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Random question

Was thinking today... Is there any 1 sports punter in Australia or new Zealand who is considered the best @ betting Australia and new zealand sports i.e rugby league,rugby union etc

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

We don't have the equivalent of a Billy Walters, if that's what you're thinking. I've only met people in Oz that make a professional living off poker, none off sports betting, I think we have too much degeneracy in our DNA

IDunno89

Yeah I use to play tons of online poker part time... Still have many friends who do it for a living....

maroona
    maroona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5079

I think its tougher betting on Aussie/NZ sport due to the lack of betting information available, with US sport they have a lot of info such as consensus and line movement, aussie bookies don't seem to give out any of this info for some reason, I guess if they don't have to why would they

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by maroona View Post
    I think its tougher betting on Aussie/NZ sport due to the lack of betting information available, with US sport they have a lot of info such as consensus and line movement, aussie bookies don't seem to give out any of this info for some reason, I guess if they don't have to why would they
    This.

With all the US sports you can track line movement, see where all the money is etc, over here information is much harder to come by.

The NRL for me is far to unpredictable to be able to make a living off IMO.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

I've met someone this year that does pretty dam well, called him out on afew things and has proven me wrong each time. Just cant see how you can do 10k bets on NRL/S15 games

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    This.

With all the US sports you can track line movement, see where all the money is etc, over here information is much harder to come
    Do they have to do this by law?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    Do they have to do this by law?
    Na think there are just groups that offer it, the really good options you have to pay for so obviously there is a market for it.

IDunno89

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    I've met someone this year that does pretty dam well, called him out on afew things and has proven me wrong each time. Just cant see how you can do 10k bets on NRL/S15 games
    If you have the bankroll that justifies it... Why not bet 10k bets

astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

I met a big time (full time) punter in the US when I went over there. He is pure genius and showed me his system.

He told me its not about getting games wrong and right, he said losses are inevitable but he is strict with his money managment.

He said you will be in this game until the day you die with solid money management in place. That is so right!, lots of punters big and small lose their shirt (and bankroll) quickly as they do not have a significant money managment plan. I doesnt matter how big or small your account size is. Its all about managing your money.