bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Armstrong calls for disciplinary action against Dick Pound

after what they put him thru i can't say i blame him.

LONDON -- Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong has called on the International Olympic Committee to take disciplinary action against Dick Pound, the head of the World Anti-Doping Agency.

In an eight-page letter sent to IOC president Jacques Rogge and published on Armstrong's official supporters' Web site (thepaceline.com), the 34-year-old Texan on Sunday accused Pound of violating IOC rules by his conduct during the independent investigation into allegations last August of doping against Armstrong by French newspaper L'Equipe.

Armstrong was cleared in May. Lawyer Emile Vrijman, who led the investigation, said WADA and the French national doping laboratory had effectively pronounced Armstrong guilty of a doping violation without sufficient basis.

"If the rules of the Olympic movement are to have any meaning at all, they must be enforced, not just against athletes, but against sports officials and anti-doping officials when they violate the rules," an opening statement to the letter by Armstrong read.

"The facts revealed in the independent investigator's report show a pattern of intentional misconduct by WADA officials designed to attack anyone who challenges them, followed by a cover-up to conceal their wrongdoing.

"This conduct by Pound is just the latest in a long history of ethical transgressions and violations of athletes' rights."

"It is now time for the IOC to enforce the rules, to bring closure, and to take action against all of those who were responsible for this unfortunate incident.

"Athletes and fans of sport should not support a system that does not apply the rules in the same manner to high-ranking officials as those rules are applied to athletes and everyone else involved in the Olympic movement."

Armstrong hopes the IOC will take action against Pound during their Executive Board meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland scheduled for June 21-23.

Pound, an IOC member, was not immediately available for comment.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good for him. After the shit he went through I would persue this to the fullest extent.

bigboydan

he probly won't get justice though.

Illusion

I know that, but as long as it's in the news it will make that asshole look bad. Bad press can be his revenge.

bigboydan

the way everyone had a hard on to bust him using roids. i'm sure this will be swepted under the table.

Illusion

Maybe overseas, but not here in the states.

bigboydan

it still won't matter. it will be swepted under the rug, because cycling isn't that big here in the states.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt...mstrong-doping

NEW YORK (AP)—Tyler Hamilton, a former teammate of Lance Armstrong, told the “60 Minutes” television program that he used performance-enhancing drugs with the seven-time Tour de France winner to cheat in cycling races, including the Tour.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder if Lance still wants to go after this guy.