kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thoroughbreds for Saturday.

(2) Grade 1s for Saturday at Churchill and Belmont.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06ogdenphipps.pdf

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06stephenfoster.pdf
    Attached Images  

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Since I'm in a major funk on the horses (other than a horse named Lava Man), I'm chasing a longshot in the Belmont feature.

Bending Strings ran her best race in a one-turn mile last fall at Churchill Downs, and the Belmont feature is a one-turn race at 1 1/16 miles, just a little further. I think she might be worth a very small play at 15-1 or more. Spun Sugar looks tough, but there could be a real fast pace in here which could set up a stalker, which Bending Strings is.

At Churchill, I'm leaning toward Brass Hat. Despite being off for 3 months, he has run well before coming off the layoff. Buzzards Bay will be my exacta.

In the Churchill finale, I like More Than Promises in a turf race. I played her on the Derby undercard at 12-1 and she ran a good third despite a rough trip up the rail late. I'm going to play her with Rich in Spirit, another closer whose run well on CD before.

And when I lose all these, I'll look to Edmonton at night
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 06-17-06 at 12:46 AM.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'm playing Take D' Tour in the Ogden Phipps ... This horse's last 2 were huge and won easily ... Controls the pace in a small field ... Bending Strings second.

Buzzards Bay at Churchill ... Been off 2 months but has been working solidly for this race ... Stalks and pounces.

Race 8 Churchill ... Red Cherries Spin 6-1 ML ... My pop for the day ... 1st time on the lawn, picks up Prado, turf pedigree.

Slew ... I like your picks in the last at Churchill.

Seattle Slew

Taking a closer look at the Churchill feature. Anyone give a chance to No. 5 Wiggins? Likely 15 or 20-1 in here.

Gelding has won 2 straight, including easy allowance win over the CD track. Barn is red hot, and sometimes these geldings can get better with age.

Might throw a couple bucks on him. Buzzards Bay and Brass Hat will likely be both 2-1/5-2. I'm not overly confident on either at those prices.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

ok for the hell of it I will play some of your picks- lightly.

Belmont:
    Race 9 $50 Win #1

Churchill:
    Race 8 $50 win #6
    Race 10 $25 Win #5
    Race 11 $25 Win #11

Seattle Slew

If I saw your post, I would have urged even lighter since I can't pick anything on the horses lately.

The No. 1 at Belmont goes right to her knees at the start. Awful. Sorry for the bad picks.

Quote Originally Posted by picantel
    ok for the hell of it I will play some of your picks- lightly.

Belmont:
    Race 9 $50 Win #1

Churchill:
    Race 8 $50 win #6
    Race 10 $25 Win #5
    Race 11 $25 Win #11