Marrowhine
    Marrowhine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Rugby totals

Can anyone tell me why its so hard to find rugby over under total markets!?
    In most sports its a pretty big market, but for rugby most bookies either don't have it or wait til the very last minute to put lines up but at the same time a match will have 20 plus silly useless options!

for example, ITM cup match today Manawatu v North Harbour, out of the 5 books i have which have the market; Will Hill, Ladbrokes, 365, TAB AUS & TAB NZ, Only Bet365 has the market.

Seems really strange to me...

RLF
    RLF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Sportingbet has totals, I guess it's because weather can play a big part and they want to make sure of the conditions.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

I've called the nz tab about this, they said they have limited spots they can open, 1000 max, they claimed nobody is really interested in it. I asked how many people really care about the first place kick at goal and crap like that. I guess they just don't turn over enough cash or don't have somebody that can put out sharp enough lines?

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    I've called the nz tab about this, they said they have limited spots they can open, 1000 max, they claimed nobody is really interested in it. I asked how many people really care about the first place kick at goal and crap like that. I guess they just don't turn over enough cash or don't have somebody that can put out sharp enough lines?
    I'd guess it comes to line sharpness as Beniphone said. Based on the fact that I am yet to see anyone get close to modeling these decently, I am thinking that the books get no where near them either. Foreign books won't hang a number till the local books are up, and the local books are too scared to, so won't hang it till right on top of the game. The shorter time the number hangs, the less damage can be done.

Marrowhine
    Marrowhine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    interesting, your right though, its not possible that wagering on mindless rubbish like first place kick or last try is more popular than over unders! must be a lines maker problem