InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

NBC's golf coverage is an abortion

Costas is pissed off and just said "and now I'm waiting to be told where we're going" and then right after they show some random Asian on 18 he says "ahh to the 18th"

That was followed by 10-15 seconds of silence leading to the commercial break

the good thing is it's the first time these fuks have shut up all weekend
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

The are pumping Rory

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

rory has no charisma, even if he wins the next 3 majors, nobody will really care. Not that many good golfers anymore and mickelson is about done. Tiger is done and the others are aging and the young guns can only hit far.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Rory is a great young man.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    rory has no charisma, even if he wins the next 3 majors, nobody will really care. Not that many good golfers anymore and mickelson is about done. Tiger is done and the others are aging and the young guns can only hit far.
    Tiger has/had no charisma either. Media gave him a pass for years and as long as they could because he was black.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasRandy

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Miller is great. Are you one of those people who hates him IntheDrink?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Only thing that would make the coverage worse would be if the two idiots Joe Buck and Tim McCarver were there to completely destroy the coverage

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i flipped over at 1:30 expecting to see golf, but they just talked for half an hour

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Miller is great. Are you one of those people who hates him IntheDrink?
    I don't mind him....he says a lotta dumb shlt and completely blows some of the best players but at least he's entertaining.

Problem is I just wanna see golf instead of seeing all these nitwits compare Rory to Tiger for the millionth fukkin time...is that too much to ask?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I watch for the beauty! Courses are in great shape in HD. HD helped golf a lot imo.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    I don't mind him....he says a lotta dumb shlt and completely blows some of the best players but at least he's entertaining.

Problem is I just wanna see golf instead of seeing all these nitwits compare Rory to Tiger for the millionth fukkin time...is that too much to ask?
    The whole Tiger and Rory thing is getting really annoying but I guess they have to do something to try to get casual fans to watch.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    The whole Tiger and Rory thing is getting really annoying but I guess they have to do something to try to get casual fans to watch.
    I agree with you Cuse...Tiger has to be sitting at home just steaming over what's happened to his "Dominance" and how average he's become....yet NBC and the PGA are bleeding every ounce of "Tigers Blood" out of this crap to try and get viewers/ratings. Tiger is so screwed up in the head from his own trainwreck of a life is what's at his decline, not hit achilles or knee.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Tiger has/had no charisma either. Media gave him a pass for years and as long as they could because he was black.
    Tiger was always doing something whether it was joking around in interviews or giving expressions, cursing, fist pumping, hitting impossible shots (remember that fukin bunker shot in Canada, like 6 iron 250 over water to win), fuckin a prostitute on the green to distract his opponent in a close match, whatever he could do, he was/is the most recognizable athlete in the world.

Theres only so much you can do to show emotion on a golf course without looking like a complete jackass, I mean you cant do a touchdown dance when you make a long putt or else you'll look like a fuckin fa\*\*ot, but this McIlroy is just like watching paint dry, the future of golf is dead without Tiger.

In all honesty though its really hard to root for some country club golfer who grew up playing 300 dollar a round courses and receiving 24/7 golf instruction while you and I try to shoot bogey golf at the local goat track, part of what makes Tiger appealing is that hed be scrubbin the toilets at that course if he wasnt good at golf.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

It's funny that you imply that Rory is a country clubber and use a toilet scrubbin reference because that's what his father did to get him a shot at being a pro. Did you just turn this on? It's only been said 18 thousand times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/gol...ing-dream.html

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

NBC overhypes every sporting event. It's better to let the sport tell the story.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    It's funny that you imply that Rory is a country clubber and use a toilet scrubbin reference because that's what his father did to get him a shot at being a pro. Did you just turn this on? It's only been said 18 thousand times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/gol...ing-dream.html
    He was a bartender at a country club and at one point was a cleaner for 4 hours a day, who cares, Im talkin about Rory himself. I dont care if my dad was the bartender at Augusta National if I grew up playing there and getting 24/7 golf instruction from Butch Harmon since I was born its tough for ppl to really be like yea man that kid had it rough I hope he wins

Its not Rory's fault is just the whole fukin tour, you had to grow up on a country club receiving the best instruction that would probably set the average person back a million bucks to reach that level, its the most exclusive professional sport in the world (well next to horse racing)
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-19-11 at 04:28 PM.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

nbc is a left wing organization also left under god out of our pledge, and they wonder why nobody watches there stupid channel

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    watches there stupid channel
    Stupid indeed.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

nbc golf coverage is the fukking worst...johnny miller is the worst fukking captain obvious announcer out there today...arrogant fukking prick makes himself out to be the best player the game has ever seen...he fools the average hacking golfer with stupid shit, but anyone with a clue sits back and laughs at him...and he is the same way in person... huge cokksucker

jay777
    jay777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golf was only mainstream because of tiger woods. Now that his career is fukked golf is tooo. Goin back to pre '97 levels, when only white collar criminals gave a shit.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree nbc is as bad as espn. This is a joke

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

americans in this thread hating on rory, no surprise here

Americans suck at golf since tiger lost his balls

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

No one even gives a shit about golf without Tiger, this shit is just unwatchable, the Euro golfers especially have zero personality

Watching Grame Mcdowell, Luke Donald, Steve Stricker and Rory McIlroy battle it out for tournaments is like watchin a fukin paint dryin competition, who cares who wins

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Does Graeme McDowell lay the pipe with Rory?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

rory mcilroy is a fukkin champ. him and grahm get hookers together in northern ireland

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post

No hating on Rory from this American, glad to see him win.