bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer or Nadal ??

this looks like another nadal/federer classic match here. Nadal has owned federer as of late though.

i think federer +196 might be worth a shot here though.

what do you guys think ?

Rome Masters Finals

R. Federer +196
    R. Nadal -216

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Nadal gets him again, but there's noway I lay that kinda vig against Federer.

bigboydan

the public appears to be all over nadal in this match i see.

i think federer has some metal block or something, because nadal is the only player he just can't beat for some reason.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

This match put me in a hole to start the day Had Nadal -3.5 games and -1.5 sets at -125 each.

bigboydan

sorry to hear that owned.

this game was truely a classic match though.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I passed on it, but you wanna talk about one hell of a match. Nadal won in 5 sets and the match lasted over 5 hours.

bigboydan

i watched that match ILL, and it lived up to the hype.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well correct me if I'm totally off here but haven't most of Federer's losses (if not all) to Nadal been on clay. I would still take Federer @ +200~ to win the French since Nadal is the only one that can beat him. At some point the consecutive win streak on clay will be too much pressure and Federer is very motivated to win the Grand Slam.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by rolemand
    Well correct me if I'm totally off here but haven't most of Federer's losses (if not all) to Nadal been on clay. I would still take Federer @ +200~ to win the French since Nadal is the only one that can beat him. At some point the consecutive win streak on clay will be too much pressure and Federer is very motivated to win the Grand Slam.
    Nadal beat Roger in the finals of Dubai earlier this year, which was on hard court.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rolemand

There are still quite a few people that can beat Federer on clay. Gasquet, Gaudio, and a few others like that. Granted, Federer will be favored, but clay is by far his worst surface and he's still the 2nd best player in the world on clay.

Amazing enough, this is clay court season where Nadal should shine and is shining. So the gap between 1 and 2 should tighten and it kinda is. Federer is still up by 2600 tour points which equates to two grand slam titles while the other would lose in the 1st round, he'd still have a 600 point lead.

He is the best to ever play the game. Completely dominant. I was hoping he's go undefeated this year. He and Nadal withdrew from hamburd. You can tell getting to #1 can't be too important for Nadal because with Federer the defending champ withdrawing and not defending any of his points from last year, it would have been a perfect time for nadal to get more points at that tourney because he didn't play it last year, so he had nothing to defend while federer had the title andall those points thatcame with it to defend.

If he loses in the French, that will probably be his only loss the rest of the year. He won't be in any more clay court tournaments and only will play the TMS events and the 2 remaining Grand Slams plus his home tourney in Swiss land. Last year, after the French he only lost one match and that was the last one of the year in the year-end championship.

I wish I could have seen the Rome Final. Such sad programming we have. This was on on Sunday morning U.S. time. And instead of having on the best match of the year, they have replays of sportscenter on for the 100th time and the 1997 World Series of Poker on ESPN 2. Wonderful Programming.

moses millsap

Gaudio is a mess right now, even on clay. Gasquet just got rolled by Vliegen and is terribly out of form. The best two clay courters outside of Fed and Rafa are Nalbandian and Almagro, both of whom should've beat Federer in their recent matches, but lapses on key points in the final set allowed Federer to sneak by.

moses millsap

Federer accuses Nadal of cheating, lol. He's in total disbelief, hope he gets out of it, because I can't stand Nadal, but I doubt we see Rog beat him at RG if they happen to meet again.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Have you got a link for Federer's accusations, OWNED?

The Great One

When did this tournament turn from the "French Open" to "Roland Garos"?

Growing up, it was always referred to as The French Open and that is what it should be ferred as. Not some foreign word thats not real.

I know it's held at Staade Roland Garros as the official venue or the name of the site, but they need to start calling it the French Open again.

And it's not like they call the Tennis Master Series Event that is indoor in the city at the end of the year that name anyway. They give it a foreign name which should be outlawed.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Gaudio is a mess right now, even on clay. Gasquet just got rolled by Vliegen and is terribly out of form. The best two clay courters outside of Fed and Rafa are Nalbandian and Almagro, both of whom should've beat Federer in their recent matches, but lapses on key points in the final set allowed Federer to sneak by.

True, but to me, the french is the most open Grand Slam by far in tennis. There seems to be unknowns almost every year win it or get to the final.

But i'll have to go with federer vs. Nadal. How can you go against either. One of the two has won every tournament they entered in the last calendar year except for a couple spots.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    Have you got a link for Federer's accusations, OWNED?
    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page /0,5478,19147974%255E11088,00.html

Or if that doesn't work, the Betfair Tennis Forum, it's about 20-25 topics down at the moment.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    True, but to me, the french is the most open Grand Slam by far in tennis. There seems to be unknowns almost every year win it or get to the final.

But i'll have to go with federer vs. Nadal. How can you go against either. One of the two has won every tournament they entered in the last calendar year except for a couple spots.
    I'd have to look at the draw first. If Nalbandian and Almagro are in Federer's draw, I'll say he doesn't make it past both of them. Nadal will most likely win it barring some kind of injury.

The Great One

Seeding in tennis is so fukd up. They never seed correctly. For instance, in the French, Nalbandian will get the 3 seed and would face federer in the semi's when he should be facing the 2 seed, Nadal in the semi's..

That's always been a pet peeve of mine in tennis,. Their seeding is so sporadic and makes no sense. In some cases, it's better to be the 4 seed or something and dodge the 1. Like the 16 seed should play the 1 seed, but instead, the first possib;le seed they would face would be the 4 or something like that.

I blame it on the foreigners. I don't think they cunderstand how it is suppose to work. It's not thathard. Just like a small tournament in the states will have lights, but a huge tournament like Wimbledon doesn't and many others in foreign countries don't either.

I always figured they just haven't figure dout how electricity works in foreign countries. makes zero sense.

But the seeding really drives me crazy. Like, Roddick shouldn't be the 4 or 5 side at the french Open. Who ever is in his quarter and half of the draw just got a huge favor. But, someone like Federer could play someone like Almagro in the 3rd round.

They need to look at seeding and get it right for once in their life.

moses millsap

You are absolutely correct about Roddick, he's far from a top 10 player nowadays, much less a top 20 player. Good to take advantage of his overpriced lines though.

Gilles Simon just took out Gaudio in Hamburg as a +200 dog

The Great One

And Gasquet lost in the first too along with Coria. What the hell has happened with coria. Last year, if Nadal was never born, he would have won Rome and Monte Carlo. A year later, he is looking horrible.

Still, the whole seeding process just drives me crazy.

Wibledon is the only tourney that seeds according to strength and not by rankings. But still, they don't match the numbers up right atall. It should be 1vs. 32 in the 3rd round and so on, but it won't. What is the ATP's response to this? Do they not even realize they don't do it right because I have never heard one thing about it.

Wonder what type of seed Nadal wil get a Wimbledon. maybe he and Roddick will flip spots from 2 to 5. Nadal should be lower than that though as he was never even threatened to win on grass in his entire history of playing. Even in his futures and challengers, the majority were all on clay.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    And Gasquet lost in the first too along with Coria. What the hell has happened with coria. Last year, if Nadal was never born, he would have won Rome and Monte Carlo. A year later, he is looking horrible.

Still, the whole seeding process just drives me crazy.

Wibledon is the only tourney that seeds according to strength and not by rankings. But still, they don't match the numbers up right atall. It should be 1vs. 32 in the 3rd round and so on, but it won't. What is the ATP's response to this? Do they not even realize they don't do it right because I have never heard one thing about it.

Wonder what type of seed Nadal wil get a Wimbledon. maybe he and Roddick will flip spots from 2 to 5. Nadal should be lower than that though as he was never even threatened to win on grass in his entire history of playing. Even in his futures and challengers, the majority were all on clay.
    Yeah, Nadal's game is not suited well for grass at all. If Andy can't string together some wins on grass, it's over for him seeing that is his best surface.

Coria has totally fallen apart. He took some time off, skipping Miami, and thought he might come back refreshed, but the same old story of a gazillion DFs. His serve is just retched. Gasquet's just been out and in bad form. Gaudio has played pretty poorly on the dirt this year too.

I'm expecting Acasuso to go pretty far in Hamburg, possibly winning it.