ultra_vision
    ultra_vision's Avatar Become A Pro!

would i be silly

To bet north melbourn to beat west coast ????

maroona
    maroona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5079

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_vision View Post
    To bet north melbourn to beat west coast ????

ultra_vision

So west coast are.the best be

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Not sure. I'm actually debating taking them too.

I took Essendon and that was okay and I'm kind of getting the same feeling with North Melb. I need someone to talk me out of it or tell me a good reason not to take them, at least with the points.

ultra_vision

I think they will win stuff it im staying with north melbourne,

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Watched West Coast in the NAB and they looked pretty good, and game Collingwood a run for the money for quite a while on their home ground. Pre-season is different to season proper of course but I think West Coast comes out strong for this one in front of their fans. I'll probably take them on the moneyline however.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave benrama 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ultra_vision

Pre season mean nothing norths are value

ultra_vision

Took them +15.5

maroona

Tough game to pick this one, its hot today in perth, about 34, West Coast have been showing signs of improvement, and its always tough travelling over there, even though its the first game of the season, I would lean West Coast -7.5 and under 189.5 given the conditions, but nothing big on either, its the first round and anythings possible..

benrama

Careful though, pre-season form doesn't mean nothing and it has been a pretty good indicator so far - it's the reason I was on Essendon today, and Collingwood yesterday. If teams were fielding good solid sides - as was happening when West Coast played Collingwood in the NAB semi - then why wouldn't it be a decent guide? Agree that the first rounds are less relevant, though North Melbourne really didn't look too good in playing either Geelong or the Bullldogs.

West Coast kept it to not much more than a 1 goal difference to Collingwood and look what the Pies did to Port yesterday. The game will be a sell-out and there's tons of new talent in the side that will look to impress.

But BOL either way, hopefully it's a West Coast win by less than a goal and we both cash.

benrama

"West Coast kept it to not much more than a 1 goal difference to Collingwood" (prior to Collingwood putting on the late burners is what I meant to add there)

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

Should run over WCE in the last qtr imo

shari91

Ultra - we did it dude!!!

I got this and the under!!!

maroona

Wow, got the under but missed the cover with a goal after the siren from a bullshit free kick, unbelievable!!, but well done shari

benrama

Unlucky to WCE backers - that's why I took the ML as I thought in a close game there could be a back-door like this. Good call on the under, didn't pick it to be THAT low.

BOL with this weeks picks guys.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by maroona View Post
    Wow, got the under but missed the cover with a goal after the siren from a bullshit free kick, unbelievable!!, but well done shari
    Thanks maroona.

I was in the bath with my son and the last time I checked the score WC were up 11 or something I think so I wrote it off as a wash with the under.

Checked the score again when we were out of the tub and somehow I got it.

Between Geelong, Essendon, Sydney, N Melb and the under all hitting I think my tin ass needs to retire for the season.

However maroona, if you have any great plays - please PM me.

maroona

Thoughts for next week, I would fade both Nth Melb and West Coast, clearly playing in the heat tonight took a lot out of both teams, both are playing Saturday afternoon so a short week, also WC will be without LeCras, who will be out for some weeks with a groin injury. Brisbane are also fade material with last nights game decimating the team with injuries including Jonathan Brown who is having surgery this week and will be out for several weeks also. St Kilda playing Richmond friday night, Saints will be looking to make amends for a bad loss against Geelong last Friday night in a game they really should have won, so should take care of Richmond comfortably.

So leans are St Kilda, Collingwood, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, also Freo should beat Geelong at home, depending on how they pull up after last nights game in Brisbane

Just some thoughts at this stage, look forward to the markets coming out in the next few days..