donk4life
    donk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Best Horse Racing books offshore

I know this has probably been posted several times, but I am curious about the best sites and worst sites. Just looking, 5dimes seems to have the best with the plus 10% as one option. However, the rebate option doesn't seem as good. BetOnline seems to have the best rebate I have found so far.

Are there better books out there?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

ill throw this out there: any race that has superfecta racing-bodog will offer 10 cent superfecta wagering. even if the host track doesnt accept 10 cent supers. nice option to have! easy to use interface....
    if going the bodog route-id suggest w u or digital pin (a prepaid phone card basically) desposits.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

What ever book you choose make sure to read about their payout limits.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

once again bodog because of the dime superfecta option and easy to use interface along with a generous rebate program gets my vote.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

ehorsex - fixed odds betting - 20%+ better odds than track the majority of the time.
    Win only though .. so it depends what/how you play.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like 5 Dimes for just about everything. Their payout limits are high and the +10% is nice if you are playing to wps or exotics.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Bodog is the best IMO. just being able to bet up till the gate opens is key in horse racing.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Bodog because of rebates/betting up until post time.

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You have to have two accounts: One with good rebates for exotics and an exchange to get better prices in win bets. I am currently using bodog/betfair,betmaker.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're looking for best selection and good limits, go to BetJM..They carry basically every track..Ive played with Caribsports for tbreds (and meadowlands harness) and they are track odds i believe

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Bodog also allows one free withdrawal per month, so if you hit a big score, you can at least cash without paying.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

bodog gets my vote ,also.
    good luck

sq764

does bodog offer harness too? or just t-bred?

BetOnline
    BetOnline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7835

Bodog.... Calvin was down here visiting a week or two ago, always a treat.

But come on, BetOnline's rebates are TWICE what Bodog offers, our max payout is TWICE theirs, and of course it's up to the real post time betting, with superfecta's.. Nobody beats our rebates or our max payout, nobody. And we have two great tipsters, Brian Mulligan and Pete Mitchell, both ex-DRF, and easy to win horse matchups (use your up-to-45% bonus funds on 'em--Bodog will give you 10% bonus--exactly once).

You tell me what's wrong with our horse offering and we'll fix it. We've got everybody beat on this one. And in MLB.

Cheers

Alex
    Last edited by BetOnline; 03-18-11 at 02:20 PM.

sq764

I prefer betjm for horses, but just checked and betonline not bad.... whats the best deposit method for US players?

BetOnline

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    whats the best deposit method for US players?
    Use your favorite card, V or M, with our new instant gift card option--it's awesome!

plus all the usual suspects--more, I believe, than any other book in SBR's top 10%.
    Cheers

Alex

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

If you cant use the US Based sites like Twin Spires or Xpressbet and have to use an offshore book then Bodog is the answer.

But no matter what offshore book you use they all have max payouts and if you hit a huge one it will be capped since they are booking the bets and not in the pari-mutuel pool.

cecil127

lets be sure to tell the people at home the real deal betonline:
    fact is there are no rebates for tracks in the "D and E" list: which include, dover, pocono, meadows, pompano, yonkers, colonial, mohawk, parx, woodbine, sam houston + 20 other tracks i believe our sbr peeps should be aware of before thinking they're getting 7% back....and depending on what class betonline has your fav track in you will be capped on payouts ranging from 100k(special catagory) (WOW-im IN!) to $2,500(whoa-wait a minute!)

so as with anything else these days: Read the Fine Print-twice

things arent so "fluffy and white" in the world of offshore books, no matter what the customer rep posts.

*no chester downs sightings in the track list either or freehold, or monticello.....

BetOnline

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeT View Post
    they all have max payouts .
    True, and on BIG races, ours is TWICE Bodog's--as are our REBATES... which is the OTHER reason you use offshore books: Get 7% of your handle back, every day.

Cheers
    Alex

BetOnline

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post

so as with anything else these days: Read the Fine Print-twice.
    Couldn't agree with you more on this mate; god is in the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    And depending on what class betonline has your fav track in you will be capped on payouts ranging from 100k(special catagory) (WOW-im IN!) to $2,500(whoa-wait a minute!)
    And that, too, is true everywhere offshore.

But what rebate does twinspires or anyone in the US give you? Oh yeah: ZERO.

We won't send you or anyone else a 1099 either.

Cheers
    Alex

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by BetOnline View Post
    True, and on BIG races, ours is TWICE Bodog's--as are our REBATES... which is the OTHER reason you use offshore books: Get 7% of your handle back, every day.

Cheers
    Alex

books would make me stop after hitting a few 20k supers so I am happy with twinspires. How fast could I get paid 30 ro 40k from a book and what hassels would I have to go through to collect.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10450

Betonline Racebook are not worth your time or effort not a book to be trusted. I was a loyal customer (loser) there for more than 3 years and started to get hot last summer and they booted me so fast. I was still a loser overall but they said that I owned horses or some B.S.

cecil127

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    Betonline Racebook are not worth your time or effort not a book to be trusted. I was a loyal customer (loser) there for more than 3 years and started to get hot last summer and they booted me so fast. I was still a loser overall but they said that I owned horses or some B.S.
    yes, then there's always that aspect of offshore books: "you killin it lately-you're cut off/now limited!"
    what a joke.....

BuckeyeT

Usually offshore books is okay if your just gonna play the big races, triple crown or breeders.

As far as everyday betting i wouldnt go near an offshore book with a ten foot poll but then again i have other options living in a state where i can use any US based site.

I have not cashed out from Twin Spires since i just signed up with them in Jan but i have been with Xpressbet for quite sometime and in mid Dec i won just over $3300 on a sunday, requested the payout that day, i did pay the $12 to have the check come fed ex and it was at my front door Tuesday morning.

sq764

Couldn't agree with you more on this mate; god is in the details.

And that, too, is true everywhere offshore.

We won't send you or anyone else a 1099 either.

Cheers
    Alex
    Actually there are plenty of US based ADWs that offer up to 12% rebate on wagers.

BuckeyeT

Cheers
    Alex
    You are 100% WRONG here.

Twinspires rewards you with points based on the $ amount you bet.

You get 4 ponts per $ bet on CDI tracks and 2 on the other tracks.

Those points can be used to get wagering credits, merchandise, handicapping products.

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeT View Post
    You are 100% WRONG here.

Twinspires rewards you with points based on the $ amount you bet.

You get 4 ponts per $ bet on CDI tracks and 2 on the other tracks.

Those points can be used to get wagering credits, merchandise, handicapping products.
    And TS has just about the worst rebate program in the US.... several US sites offer 7% rebates to even small time players

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

twinspires rebate program is a joke, but would still use them because you will get paid if you win. next day for sure.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

dont care about rebates twinspires is safe can withdraw easily and does not matter how much you win. can withdraw 20k as easy as 100.00. IF I hit a super for 20k the book would find an excuse not to pay and cut me off so will never play with a book.

cecil127

..........and there ya pretty much have it, folks!

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

bet jamaica 1% cash back on every wager win or lose except for 2.20 2.10 mutuals

sq764

Quote Originally Posted by mr.inpak View Post
    bet jamaica 1% cash back on every wager win or lose except for 2.20 2.10 mutuals
    I believe betjm is 3% rebate