ilikebirds
    ilikebirds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strategy on getting over a bad week?

I know we've all been there. A week where you can't seem to hit.

What do you do to get back on track? Fix your bank roll? Quit?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68447

Revisit your plays and see if you did not factor in something that might have changed your opinion.
    Losses are to be expected.
    Those that you can learn from are not necessarily all that bad.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

slow down and ask yourself if you're truly enjoying yourself. if you arent then lay off till it excites you again. i dont hit each and every bet (sometimes 0-10) but i still like watching them pace down the stretch....when that loses its luster im out.
    Points Awarded:

ilikebirds gave cecil127 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i take a break, start back fresh & clear
    Points Awarded:

ilikebirds gave zebra58 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ilikebirds

Thanks! Yea still love watching the horses go down the stretch.

ilikebirds

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    slow down and ask yourself if you're truly enjoying yourself. if you arent then lay off till it excites you again. i dont hit each and every bet (sometimes 0-10) but i still like watching them pace down the stretch....when that loses its luster im out.
    Hey cecil, you're pretty good with trotters - You visit any specific forums for info?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

i just found some chicago area forum so they like to discuss balmoral and maywood a lot.....i dont care, as long as they're talking harness

ill pm you the link.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Take a break. Or just play best bets, one a day win only. The key is to be in the game and capitalize when your style of handicapping is working. Slumps happen and so do winning streaks. Adjust accordingly.

josicoyote
    josicoyote's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Take a break. Or just play best bets, one a day win only. The key is to be in the game and capitalize when your style of handicapping is working. Slumps happen and so do winning streaks. Adjust accordingly.
    Good advice. Some days are good and some days aren't, even when you study all the charts out there , those horses have a mind of their own. You have to roll with the punches as in everyday life.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

If what you do makes money in the long run do not change anything. Most gamblers make the mistake of changing how they play, there for losing money in the long run.I have seen some crazy theories when someone is on a losing streak. Losing steaks might be because of prevailing conditions (current conditions) of a race, how a race sets up. not your handicapping. Look for races that offer value and play those only, dont play if there are a few short prices that 2 of them figure to be in the top for the tri. Play chalk if you feel something long can run underneath or play the race if you feel the chalk can be beat. Stay away from races that to many of them figure to be on top unless you construct you ticket accordingly. You dont have to be the best handicapper to make money you do have to be a good gambler and know how to construct tickets. Dont carry baggage from one race to the next race. Dont think about how many or how much you have lost.
    Last edited by TonyP; 03-08-11 at 09:45 AM.

josicoyote
    josicoyote's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    If what you do makes money in the long run do not change anything. Most gamblers make the mistake of changing how they play, there for losing money in the long run.I have seen some crazy theories when someone is on a losing streak. Losing steaks might be because of prevailing conditions (current conditions) of a race, how a race sets up. not your handicapping. Look for races that offer value and play those only, dont play if there are a few short prices that 2 of them figure to be in the top for the tri. Play chalk if you feel something long can run underneath or play the race if you feel the chalk can be beat. Stay away from races that to many of them figure to be on top unless you construct you ticket accordingly. You dont have to be the best handicapper to make money you do have to be a good gambler and know how to construct tickets. Dont carry baggage from one race to the next race. Dont think about how many or how much you have lost.
    I like that line: "You don't have to be the best handicapper to make money you do have to be a good gambler and know how to construct tickets". There's some good advice.
    Last edited by josicoyote; 03-08-11 at 01:06 PM.

sector420
    sector420's Avatar Become A Pro!

roll a j. smoke it

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

just don't make the mistakes that mickey rooney made. he lost all his movie money betting on chalk in calif. in the 50's. learn to throw out the favorite and go from there. you want to win the money that people lose betting on favorites. it works.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Id mos likely quit.