willen
    willen's Avatar Become A Pro!

UK Horse Racing Picks

Hi all,
    I'll be posting some UK horse racing picks in this thread from now on, so make sure you get them on time.
    UK racing meetings start at 4pm UK time, the equivalent of 10.00am east coast time, 8.00am central and 6.00am west coast time. I'll be putting up one tip per day, obvioisuly one with value in it and will update on the results asap.

Here we go:

Lingfield 2.10 – Lastkingofscotland

Course and distance winner, back to favored field at Lingfield after an unfortunate adventure at Kempton where performing below his best struggling under top weights. Well drawn and weighted nicely this time allowing him to display his abilities, should prove on distance once more as already did one class higher than current. Hayley Turner on board, lead him well in previous runs including two recent wins here at Lingfield and showing nice stats at course and distance, all in all a strong team which should justify previous results. Up against stable mate Chjimes, a big advantage here as all of the latter’s recent starts conducted by Hayley Turner herself who should be able to use her knowledge riding 7 year old to her advantage. Frequency be the danger, a top form contender and a course and distance winner however ridden by Cathy Gannon which tend to fail when given the leading runner or fav for the field.

Advised price +700
    Good Luck!

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

a nice bit of posting,hayley.you're giving us some insight on how you derived on your selection,and also some insight on other key runners that may encounter problems in the race.
    good luck,hope to hear from you again.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

nice job. too bad no one cares about UK racing. unless you're in UK i guess. but all they care about is that idiotic royal wedding which is the most insiped waste of time and money in the history of the world. who cares about that slutty lady diana's kids marriage to some harlot. the queen couldn't stomach diana if you want the truth.

willen

Thank U dugbug15, rest assure I'm here to stay.

unusialsusp5, I agree with your bit about the whole Royal wedding fuss as there is nothing better than wasting the tax payer's money over some pointless "holy union" between a prince and a common girl from the country in times of economic depression.
    But, we're here about horse racing... which leads us to the fact that our pick landed @ 7/1 which is +700. Hope you were on!
    Cheers,
    William.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Nice hit ... was on it too ...

Unfortunately for US players .. the value is certainly not going to be there if you are playing along using the tote ...
    This one went off at around 6/1 BetFair sp ... 5/1 industry Sp and just 5/2 on the tote ... (the only way US players can get a bet on UK racing unfortunately)

willen

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post

Nice hit ... was on it too ...

Unfortunately for US players .. the value is certainly not going to be there if you are playing along using the tote ...
    This one went off at around 6/1 BetFair sp ... 5/1 industry Sp and just 5/2 on the tote ... (the only way US players can get a bet on UK racing unfortunately)
    I'm not sure I understand, can you further explain?
    I can always count on Gannon to ruin a good run whereas Turner constantly lands high value runners.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by willen View Post

I'm not sure I understand, can you further explain?
    Yes - the only way US punters can legally place bets on UK races is via the tote ...
    there are no exchanges or bookies here that offer fixed odds betting ... unfortunately this usually results in returns of around 20-30% lower than you could expect to get if you were putting a bet on from outside the US.

Not your fault .. all you can do is pick the winners and post 'em up ... but the value (potential returns) is certainly not there for those that can only get bets on these via the tote ...

:0)