Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

Only a month away to the Dubai World Cup

One of my favorite days of the whole year - if you have not been to the track on the morning of the Dubai World Cup, you are missing one of the most degenerate experiences in life

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I've been practicing every Thursday by capping their cards at Meydan so that I have a feel for the trainers and jocks come World Cup Day.For the trainers M De Knock was doing really good for a while but then to no ones surprise Godophin started to heat up for Suroor and Al Zarooni.For the jockeys C Soumillion was winning just about every race he had a mount in until last Thursday.Dettori,Murtagh,Hills, and Fallon are all capable on a good horse.Ahmed Ajebi has been taking some first choice runners from Dettori for Godophin and doing well also.He is a good jock to bet because most of the publics attention goes toward the mount Dettori is on.As for the track it seems like a bit of a speed bias on the Tapeta main track and fair on the turf.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Do they race camels or horses?

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

never watched it. I'll be on the look out this year

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's always a great race... i prefer the sulky myself.

13th Inning
    13th Inning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    One of my favorite days of the whole year - if you have not been to the track on the morning of the Dubai World Cup, you are missing one of the most degenerate experiences in life
    Yep, nothing like showing up at the track at 9am to illustrate true racing degeneracy - the track knows it, too - they put out free muffins and pastries haha
    The only thing more degenerate would be if someone camped out in front of the track the night before, so they got to be the first guy in the door.

To make it a true pilgrimage, though, you need to show up for the first race at Dubai in the morning, and then not leave until the last race that night at Los Al or Sam Houston or wherever it may be. That's a 15 hour day.
    I still haven't been able to do it - one of these days I'll try it, just for the hell of it - I keep saying I will do it someday. But man, that's a long day.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Always some big prices that day.