dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1254

The fix is in......

Dutrow was given a total of 90 days in suspensions by the NYSRWB on Wednesday for the finding of a Class 3 drug Butorphanol, a painkiller, in the post-race test of a horse on Nov. 20 and for being in possession of hypodermic needles during a barn search conducted on Nov. 3.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

If they found any of that stuff in a harness trainers barn theyd be suspended a year at least..

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    If they found any of that stuff in a harness trainers barn theyd be suspended a year at least..
    look back for the Doug Berkley suspension in canada.. I believe he was banned for 10 years and got a $250k fine..

asiangambler
    asiangambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

all the sport fix good luck

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

check to see when that horse runs again, DFL!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Hard to believe Dutrow is still training.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

The horse has run 4 times since the "incident" and is no longer in Dutrow's barn.

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Hard to believe Dutrow is still training.
    This is the same guy that once upon a time claimed a cheap piece named "Kings Swan" and turned it into a multiple GR1 winner, and here all this time I thought he was a miracle worker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Swan
    Last edited by daoilman; 02-22-11 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added link

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    This is the same guy that once upon a time claimed a cheap piece named "Kings Swan" and turned it into a multiple GR1 winner, and here all this time I thought he was a miracle worker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Swan
    This is not correct.
    Richard E. Dutrow Sr. trained King's Swan.
    He passed away in 1999.
    The current infractions are for Richard E. Dutrow Jr. his middle son.He has two others.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1254

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    This is not correct.
    Richard E. Dutrow Sr. trained King's Swan.
    He passed away in 1999.
    The current infractions are for Richard E. Dutrow Jr. his middle son.He has two others.
    Apple didn't fall to far from the tree

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Hmm, not sure what to think anymore.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbill View Post
    Apple didn't fall to far from the tree
    It is really a shame when loud mouth nit wits spew garbage about something they know nothing about.Even worse when they talk about someone that is dead when they know they have no idea, but still must insinuate.
    What you implied could not be further from the truth.
    Last edited by str; 02-22-11 at 05:36 PM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Hmm, not sure what to think anymore.
    Certainly can not consider something that was said by someone that is clueless.

Jay Price
    Jay Price's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Shady character that Dutrow.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dew22 View Post
    Shady character that Dutrow.
    Would love to defend Ricky but I know he knows better than to have needles in his barn.I will find out more but can not think of any reason that would make that O.K.
    Don't know the painkiller positive and will find out more about that as well.
    Really bothers me though when people imply that Dick Dutrow Sr. was dirty.
    He was definitely not.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

looking for a trainer.

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

always been a cheater

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Would love to defend Ricky but I know he knows better than to have needles in his barn.I will find out more but can not think of any reason that would make that O.K.
    Don't know the painkiller positive and will find out more about that as well.
    Really bothers me though when people imply that Dick Dutrow Sr. was dirty.
    He was definitely not.
    My humblest apology, obviously I was mistaken about the identity of the individual in question, and obviously you have some high powered connections. Please tell me, has the person now accused ever been in trouble before with the SRWB? Has he been suspended in the past?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    My humblest apology, obviously I was mistaken about the identity of the individual in question, and obviously you have some high powered connections. Please tell me, has the person now accused ever been in trouble before with the SRWB? Has he been suspended in the past?
    Your apology is not needed. I knew it was simply a mix up .I was just trying to help.
    And yes, I was quite close to Dick Dutrow and remain that way with his family.That said, Ricky has had more than his share of run ins with the stewards and racing commission. I do not know how many times he has been suspended before but it has been too many. Every trainer knows ,and I was one for 25+ years, that needles are not allowed in the hands of anyone but vets. It is pretty much rule # 1.
    The toughest thing for me is that it is a knee jerk reaction for me too want to defend Ricky. It really hurts to see the public conclude that he was "always a cheater" and that "the fix is in".That is wrong, but people are going to start bashing once something reaches a point.Seems like we are just about there.

Richard E. Dutrow Sr. was by no means perfect as a person, but the one thing that you can never take away from him is that he was as brilliant a horseman as there was. If you have not seen the family tree of football coaches that Mike Holgram or Bill Parcells produced in the NFL, you should google it. It is amazing. Well, in the thoroughbred industry, Richard E. Dutrow, in the 70s,80s,and early 90s, had a similar family tree of horseman that rivals those football coaches.
    I am quite proud to say that I was lucky enough to be a part of that tree.I no longer train horses however. I have retired from that occupation.
    The public needs to know that there are many, many, many, good people in racing. And positive tests ,due to the absolute insurer rule ,always land at the feet of the trainer. Fair or not,that is the way it is and we all know that when we sign up. Sometimes ,make that many times, positives are very misleading to the public. But the public ,who bets there hard earned money, takes a cheating related view when these occur almost always. It is the only side of the game that they understand and therefore conclude that everyone in it, sees it from only that angle as well. Having only limited knowledge of what the real circumstances were, no one can blame them. That is just the way it is. But that does not necessarily make it right.
    If, in the future, you have any questions about horse racing, I will be happy to answer them if I can. I am willing to help educate anyone that wants to learn about a game that is truly great. People do not get a chance to see the game from the other side. If they did, they would have a better understanding of what goes on. If I can help with that, it would be my pleasure.
    Best of luck to you and thanks for taking the time to read this.