joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

New ny state law 2/16/11

Starting wednesday feb 16th , ny state law says if you get caught on your cell phone or texting in your car, you will now get 2 points on your license besides the $100 fine for the first offense.

So be careful out there. Had to dodge and ditch the troopers the other day and was close call lol learn the back roads and shortcuts in case you have to ditch them lol

i really dont talk much on phones in cars but when i see it looks like a real important call, i have to answer itl

take care and be careful out there

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know how they are going to prove that you were on your phone if you hang up or put your phone away or quickly hide it if they try pull you over. I'd simply play the card that you dont have a cell phone. Quickly turn it off and throw it in your shoe or whatever.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

adding a fleeing & eluding charge is no good, careful

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    Starting wednesday feb 16th , ny state law says if you get caught on your cell phone or texting in your car, you will now get 2 points on your license besides the $100 fine for the first offense.

So be careful out there. Had to dodge and ditch the troopers the other day and was close call lol learn the back roads and shortcuts in case you have to ditch them lol

i really dont talk much on phones in cars but when i see it looks like a real important call, i have to answer itl

we have that law in effect for a while now and the only way u will get caught is if u get into an accident.these cops wont stop drivers to give them a ticket when there are more important things to worry about plus they are too lazy to get out and give them a ticket unless its a big bust

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post

Talking on your cell phone is as dangerous as driving drunk. Do you think it's ok to do that, too?

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...cc4c03286.html (and a thousand other articles all saying the same thing)

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Around my neck of the woods, the police sit and hide looking for giving them tickets and theres is no way your talking your way out of them with these guys.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

what right do they have to say you can't talk on a phone in a car. stop letting yourself get pushed around by a bunch of lazy state troopers who are only interested in doing details rather than their regular job.

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    what right do they have to say you can't talk on a phone in a car. stop letting yourself get pushed around by a bunch of lazy state troopers who are only interested in doing details rather than their regular job.
    The same "right" they have to stop you from driving without headlights in the middle of the night; from driving while drunk; from driving 150 MPH in a school zone. The point isn't to protect the driver from her/his stupidity but to protect the rest of us from that stupidity. Talking on a cell phone--even a hands free device--while driving causes accidents and kills people. The people that are usually killed are not the ones who were on their phones.

unusialsusp5

they are interfering with the natural order of things. you are obviously brainwashed into believing that they want to protect people but in reality all they want is to be able to make money off the law which is largely unenforceable. i will continue to use my cell phone as often as i possibly can while driving just to spite law enforcement(frauds) who do it themselves.

kiln

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    they are interfering with the natural order of things. you are obviously brainwashed into believing that they want to protect people but in reality all they want is to be able to make money off the law which is largely unenforceable. i will continue to use my cell phone as often as i possibly can while driving just to spite law enforcement(frauds) who do it themselves.
    Let's hope that your paranoia and selfishness doesn't end up with you hurting or killing someone else. Put your own head through the windshield for all I care, but that you'd intentionally go out of your way to put others at risk marks you off as a very particular kind of person.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Its a good law. We have a one like that in California.

unusialsusp5

none of you remember but when they put radios in cars the same complaint about inattentive driving was about to be regulated but was rejected by the populace. so i hope you don't listen to the radio while you're driving along with not talking on the phone. we don't need bureaucrats telling us what we can do and what we can eat or where we can smoke or anything else. they are all pension grabbing frauds and just love it when everyone does as they're told by them. i hate talking on the phone period but i intentionally do it all while driving just to spite them. if you think that a woman with kids in the back who are acting up and she turns her head to see what they are doing isn't as bad as talking on the phone as a distraction then you are nuts. that is much worse. kids in cars should be banned not phones in cars. so you liberals just keep minding your superiors and you will all be safe to pay their pensions.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Think they've had the cell phone law for a few years, maybe texting was added. In theory, it's a good idea, but it doesn't work. People ignore the law and very few get caught.

A person who will cause an accident on a cell phone is the same person who'll cause an accident eating a cheeseburger and fries while driving. They'll find another way to crash.

unusialsusp5

well put seattle slew. why don't the dem libs just ban driving period. they want to protect us all from ourselves for some unknown reason. eating in car should be against the "law" along with smoking in public and eating peanuts and no soda or sugar in schools. what should be banned is little kids in cars that distract woman drivers. there should be a law that 2 adults must be in car with kids who distract drivers more than a cell phone would. then again woman drivers should be banned since they never look when pulling out because they don't want to know what's coming. just watch them sometime pulling out of a mcdonalds with their brats in back.