haveuseenm
    I got G's coming from overseas
    haveuseenm's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have met a few in vegas. not many left

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

If you bet every race you will lose.If you bet favorites you will lose in the long run.

If you pick your spots you can make money.
    Picking your spot when you have a good read on the bias of the track and a price horse that will benefit from this bias.
    Before it closed Woodbine was all about early speed when it was cold outside.A horse that had been fading in the stretch in prior races all of a sudden had the stamina to hold on at box car odds.

A couple tracks current bias
    Hollywood-Closing Speed on All Weather track
    Fairground-Closers on turf

Hammew
    Hammew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Take Gate 5 at Cal Expo to win and you will win about 24.9% of the time, sometimes the clip is much higher. Hit a 30/1 last night at CEX to win and the 5 took about 7 other races last night.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Quote Originally Posted by grekos View Post
    Yes there is.They play mostly inside info from trainers.They play offshore not to affect the odds also.
    The part about inside info is not at all correct.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    If you bet every race you will lose.If you bet favorites you will lose in the long run.

If you pick your spots you can make money.
    Picking your spot when you have a good read on the bias of the track and a price horse that will benefit from this bias.
    Before it closed Woodbine was all about early speed when it was cold outside.A horse that had been fading in the stretch in prior races all of a sudden had the stamina to hold on at box car odds.

A couple tracks current bias
    Hollywood-Closing Speed on All Weather track
    Fairground-Closers on turf
    This IS correct.

conper
    conper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Hello my friends
    Do you know any good site for horse tips or anyone that has good info ?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's always on the backburner for me. I have something unique that works, but it is so time consuming that I'd rather write a book about it and sell it. That's what people do in this sport. Two hours handicapping per race is not practical. But it's the only way I can make sense of it.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah,
    i-used-to-flip-two-dollar-bills-before-i-got-into-sports...
    Still-do.

The-ev-is-lower-than-sports-usually,
    but-sometimes,ridiculous-payouts-come-thru,
    if-you-can-guess-when.

And-there-are-locks-too.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

TWO-HOURS-PER-RACE...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GELATINOUS CUBE View Post
    TWO-HOURS-PER-RACE...

High precision method. And then I may not bet on the race, if there's not enough value. Could cut it down big time with a software program. But by hand that's what it comes down to.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammew View Post
    Take Gate 5 at Cal Expo to win and you will win about 24.9% of the time, sometimes the clip is much higher. Hit a 30/1 last night at CEX to win and the 5 took about 7 other races last night.
    21.4% this meet, but still pretty high surprisingly..

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    High precision method. And then I may not bet on the race, if there's not enough value. Could cut it down big time with a software program. But by hand that's what it comes down to.
    i understand. when im really serious, i take between 3- 4 hrs per card and then only play certain races ,maybe . i do it all by hand too alot of long hours involved

classhandicapper
    classhandicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been profitable for the last 15 years, but I do not make my living doing it. It's very hard to find value so if you wanted to make a living you have to work incredibly hard and become an expert at several tracks.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    i understand. when im really serious, i take between 3- 4 hrs per card and then only play certain races ,maybe . i do it all by hand too alot of long hours involved
    This is the only way I ever knew.

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I know 4 people that are long-term profitable, and verifiably so.

I have been profitable over long stretches, like 6-10 month periods but do not kid myself that I'd be making a secure living at it. The time it requires it deeper than that of full-time employment. Racing is a VERY hard way to make a living.

You have to be getting a rebate in order to come out on top. I only know one claim of success without rebate, but cannot verify it. It truly does require the churn of cash at a high level of number-crunched knowledge, with a bit of knowledge of tendency of the players involved. It also requires the ability to view racing LATERALLY much of the time. (doubles, parlays, p3s, etc) ---- and then to make sure you do it where the takeout isn't insanely bad or guaranteed pools are available.

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    I know two. It can be done, but the amount of work these people put in would shock the uninformed. They live and breathe horse racing 24/7. And the adage — it takes money to make money — applies.

classhandicapper
    classhandicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ok now what View Post
    I know 4 people that are long-term profitable, and verifiably so.

I have been profitable over long stretches, like 6-10 month periods but do not kid myself that I'd be making a secure living at it. The time it requires it deeper than that of full-time employment. Racing is a VERY hard way to make a living.

You have to be getting a rebate in order to come out on top. I only know one claim of success without rebate, but cannot verify it. It truly does require the churn of cash at a high level of number-crunched knowledge, with a bit of knowledge of tendency of the players involved. It also requires the ability to view racing LATERALLY much of the time. (doubles, parlays, p3s, etc) ---- and then to make sure you do it where the takeout isn't insanely bad or guaranteed pools are available.
    I have been profitable without rebate for many years but it's getting harder and harder to find value without either a rebate or via exchange betting

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post

what happens to your two hours when your horse ( you know an animal) breaks out last, or throws the jockey?

MrBass
    MrBass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pro Player?

Anyone that has collected at the windows has said to himself, wow this seems easy, I wonder if I can make a living at this? I think it's like any other job, you have to immerse yourself into it 100%, that means being at the track everyday, having the fortitude to not bet evey race( a sure way to financial doom) pick your spots know your strengths keep meticulous records... Then you may even break even!!!I I only knew of one pro horse player, he lived in a trailer, lived modestly, watched evey penny, kept gambling funds from living funds.... Never missed one single day at the track.... Loved what he was doing.... But wasn't living hi and mighty.....be honest try paper bets for two weeks, wrote down what you really would bet and font deviate from it.... See if you could survive.... It takes a special kind to do it! Sorry for typos, computer wouldn't let me backspace! Haha

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

good stuff! Horse betting is not for me!

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Yes. Richkas and General.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

ultimate selector he has his own website now

guy would make 800 posts a day here-unreal

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Ultimate Selector's a cool cat and a "toteboard watcher/player" in its truest form. a different angle than mine but ive learned to appreciate all shots taken at racetracks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a chance

Sucker game but a fun game

Horseplayers never quit

brucedenton
    brucedenton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22950

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    yes you can, only on an exchange

especially in the place pools, the disparities are ridiculous, plus you dont get skewed payouts cause the fav come in the money with your horse

nailed a huge one yesterday at tampa bay, 13-1 on track 22-1 on exchange, place pool dividend was 100% higher also
    I'm sorry but could someone explain to me what an 'exchange" is? I'm not aware of it. Thanks.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

A betting exchange gives you much better odds since you are betting against other players. You can play at ehorsex.com or betmaker.ag.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Years ago Peep (RIP) was but I dont think he would have said so...

He schooled me over at Rx some time ago. Made some $$$ with rebate shops

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

I know this is a old thread but just found it.I think it is still possible because of the Pick 4 and Picks 6 but it is tougher.I was a pro Horseplayer for 10 years 95 -05 i just got burned out beacuse it was kind of a lonely life me sitting in a empty grandstand, i still play but mainly weekends i wnt back to my old job risk management but only cause i could work from home and my buddy needed help.Takeout is way to high too much racing is a problem too try playing a Thursday card at Hollywood Park.I still play because like my brother said im a lifer it is my blood still has a small hardcore fan base but it is hard and people make fun of Horse Racing now.People under 35 do not relise i extremely poplular horse racing was i remember going to Hollywood park as a kid and there would 40,000 people there and that was on a non stakes sunday but of course it is not 1977 anymore plus racing has ahuge advantage you can bet over the internet which sports you cant legally and there blowing that too.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    The takeout is Horse Racing is worse than playing slots.

Yes, but you can choose the race you wanna bet, in slots you need to bet on all deal "to see if you win"

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by sdtrader View Post
    A betting exchange gives you much better odds since you are betting against other players. You can play at ehorsex.com or betmaker.ag.

for the record those are exactly the same place...same exchange same owners...its so so as little volume most of the time and spreads even bigger than track takout if youcount commission 95% of the time compared to a rebate shop..but its a tool worth having but its not like some free money zone...not even close.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    I know this is a old thread but just found it.I think it is still possible because of the Pick 4 and Picks 6 but it is tougher.I was a pro Horseplayer for 10 years 95 -05 i just got burned out beacuse it was kind of a lonely life me sitting in a empty grandstand, i still play but mainly weekends i wnt back to my old job risk management but only cause i could work from home and my buddy needed help.Takeout is way to high too much racing is a problem too try playing a Thursday card at Hollywood Park.I still play because like my brother said im a lifer it is my blood still has a small hardcore fan base but it is hard and people make fun of Horse Racing now.People under 35 do not relise i extremely poplular horse racing was i remember going to Hollywood park as a kid and there would 40,000 people there and that was on a non stakes sunday but of course it is not 1977 anymore plus racing has ahuge advantage you can bet over the internet which sports you cant legally and there blowing that too.
    Great post !

Was Cal. your track of choice?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

In Hong Kong huge players.

The Hong Kong Jockey Club receives $10.4 billion in annual betting revenues from Sha Tin and Happy Valley. By comparison, all the thoroughbred racetracks in the U.S. combined take in just over $12 billion and there are 167 of them (source fortune magazine).
    Last edited by byronbb; 09-18-12 at 02:34 PM.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Fukkin money pit

Very few can beat the horse game

I have had days at Monmouth where I have lost a couple dimes in a few hours

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

yes and they make a lot more then sports bettors

Alan Woodsfamous bettors
    Alan Woods, was universally recognised as among the top three punters in the world.famous bettors
    Woods, born and raised in New South Wales Australia was the pioneer of computer betting syndicates in Hong Kong and a key man in the development of computer analysis for betting.famous bettors
    His fortune at the time of his death was estimated at $670 million.f

http://www.betgem.com/Famous_Bettors.html

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    yes and they make a lot more then sports bettors

Alan Woodsfamous bettors
    Alan Woods, was universally recognised as among the top three punters in the world.famous bettors
    Woods, born and raised in New South Wales Australia was the pioneer of computer betting syndicates in Hong Kong and a key man in the development of computer analysis for betting.famous bettors
    His fortune at the time of his death was estimated at $670 million.f

http://www.betgem.com/Famous_Bettors.html

Thanks for the link!!! I just skimmed through it, but plan on reading the whole thing when I get time.

RawBillyIce
    Big Bad Billy's, Sweet William Now!!
    RawBillyIce's Avatar Become A Pro!

check out John Martin (FullCardReports) via YouTube

If you can deal with his personality, I like his simple style for long term bankroll growth.

First 123 Last