ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody have $ on life at ten?

that was atrocious, you could tell something was wrong on the track, could just see the big betters running to the windows to cancel tickets, yet they still let her run and at 3-1 wtf, id want to puke if i had her in anything important

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by ATP123 View Post
    that was atrocious, you could tell something was wrong on the track, could just see the big betters running to the windows to cancel tickets, yet they still let her run and at 3-1 wtf, id want to puke if i had her in anything important
    had her, could have canceled online

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

they were interviewing the jock in post parade and he was saying something was not right. he was saying she was tight. I canceled then. if you were watching espn you could of seen it but at the track probably not. She should of been scratched. I was praying she didnt get hurt. I was saying scratch her, but no these greedy ass bastards let her run. Thank god he knew to pull her up, I feel everyone that had money on her got screwed.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    they were interviewing the jock in post parade and he was saying something was not right. he was saying she was tight. I canceled then. if you were watching espn you could of seen it but at the track probably not. She should of been scratched. I was praying she didnt get hurt. I was saying scratch her, but no these greedy ass bastards let her run. Thank god he knew to pull her up, I feel everyone that had money on her got screwed.
    was in kitchen eating dinner had the volume cranked up thought nothing of it, walked back when they broke from the gate, vets chacked after race said nothing wrong, almost like she was drugged, doubt that though

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky State Steward John Veitch also noted that the stewards will inquire into the circumstances surrounding the running of Life at Ten (Malibu Moon) in Friday's Ladies' Classic (G1). According to the ESPN2 broadcast, Life at Ten was not warming up to the satisfaction of jockey John Velazquez. Allowed to take part in the race, she broke sluggishly, trailed the field by a long way throughout, never got out of a slow gallop, and ended up being eased in deep stretch.

"We are looking into what occurred in the 10TH race on November 5 (Ladies' Classic), and we will contact jockey John Velazquez and trainer Todd Pletcher to get as much information as we possibly can about the performance of that filly in the race," Veitch said.

terrygolf1313
    terrygolf1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

she should have been scr at gate thats what they have a vet there for

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Pleatcher believes she was having an allergic reaction to Lasix (or whatever else she may have been loaded up with)

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had over $12.00 in dime supers with life at ten the key player in all legs..oh well that's life(at ten)!

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I had her in a bunch of exotics, but I cashed several....still, she should have been scratched and the refunds made.

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

big brown part 2

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team did it again on Saturday in the Classic .. the #1 Quality Road, finishes last.

Why do I get the feeling Johnny V. - when he is on Pletcher trained horses , he cannot do anything on the Churchill course. hmmmmm

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin Lad View Post
    The team did it again on Saturday in the Classic .. the #1 Quality Road, finishes last. Why do I get the feeling Johnny V. - when he is on Pletcher trained horses , he cannot do anything on the Churchill course. hmmmmm
    thats why it takes calvin to get pletcher a derby winner

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

They'll have to look into this.

If the jockey says she wasn't warmed up properly, then that right there raises some questions. It has happened before where a horse (or greyhound) is not given the proper prep, so that they perform poorly, and higher-odds horses (greyhounds) come in.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    They'll have to look into this.

If the jockey says she wasn't warmed up properly, then that right there raises some questions. It has happened before where a horse (or greyhound) is not given the proper prep, so that they perform poorly, and higher-odds horses (greyhounds) come in.
    Well considering it was a Breeders Cup championship, I don't believe for a second that there was anything illegal going on to set up a gambling score. Still, she should have been scratched.