ATP
    ATP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Zenyatta really the horse to beat in the classic this year?

I just wonder, running at churchill downs on the dirt may pose a problem after running on all of these synthetic tracks, and not only trying to win the classic twice in a row but to beat the boys again, I truly doubt it. Though shes still been winning it hasnt looked as effortless in the past. I wonder if she ran the same as Blame if she would really have the moxy to get it done again.

terrygolf1313
    terrygolf1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think its really going to be tough hate to say it but i think the field is tougher and i believe the pace might not play for her

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well the dirt shouldnt pose a problem for her she runs better on dirt then she does in synthetic..The only issue is the compatition in the classic this year is alot tougher then it was lastyear.. I have seen every Zenyatta race in her career and Its great seeing her win everytime she always finds a way to win. Win or lose she still is one of the the best race horses ever

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

does not win this year

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I hope the betting public has that mentality. If I can get 2-1 on Zenyatta I will be very pleased.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Zenyatta on 60 Minutes
    10/25/2010 10:40 AM | horseracingnation.com

The undefeated superstar Zenyatta is scheduled to be featured on CBS televisions's 60 minutes news program on Sunday, October 31, which is the Sunday night before the Breeders' Cup Championships are held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on November 5 and 6.

The show will air on Halloween night, so you might want to set your DVR if you are heading out for Trick-or-Treating.

The program will feature film footage shot during Zenyatta's workouts with exercise rider Steve Willard and jockey Mike Smith in the days leading up to the Breeders' Cup. Zenyatta has been based at Hollywood Park with trainer John Shirreffs throughout her career.

Owned by Jerry and Ann Moss (of A & M records), Zenyatta will be favored to repeat her victory over males in the $5,000,000 Breeders' Cup Classic on Saturday, November 6. Zenyatta, who is named for the famous Police album, Zenyatta Mondatta, has won all 19 races in her career.

The appearance on the highly rated, long-running show is the kind of exposure few human athletes ever receive, much less a horse racing star. Her appearance means tremendous exposure for the horse racing industry and the Breeders' Cup. 60 minutes has averaged 13.7 million viewers each week this year, according to USA Today.

ATP

sweet, ill be sure to be watching

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    I hope the betting public has that mentality. If I can get 2-1 on Zenyatta I will be very pleased.
    This.... I hope the public plays others 2-1 would be really really nice.. This horse is amazing as long as she has a horse to run at she will win. She will run down ANYTHING!

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp1222 View Post
    Zenyatta on 60 Minutes
    10/25/2010 10:40 AM | horseracingnation.com

The undefeated superstar Zenyatta is scheduled to be featured on CBS televisions's 60 minutes news program on Sunday, October 31, which is the Sunday night before the Breeders' Cup Championships are held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on November 5 and 6.

The show will air on Halloween night, so you might want to set your DVR if you are heading out for Trick-or-Treating.

The program will feature film footage shot during Zenyatta's workouts with exercise rider Steve Willard and jockey Mike Smith in the days leading up to the Breeders' Cup. Zenyatta has been based at Hollywood Park with trainer John Shirreffs throughout her career.

Owned by Jerry and Ann Moss (of A & M records), Zenyatta will be favored to repeat her victory over males in the $5,000,000 Breeders' Cup Classic on Saturday, November 6. Zenyatta, who is named for the famous Police album, Zenyatta Mondatta, has won all 19 races in her career.

The appearance on the highly rated, long-running show is the kind of exposure few human athletes ever receive, much less a horse racing star. Her appearance means tremendous exposure for the horse racing industry and the Breeders' Cup. 60 minutes has averaged 13.7 million viewers each week this year, according to USA Today.

I wonder if they'll interview David Flores and what he thinks about getting pulled off her..poor bastard

odtw524

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    I wonder if they'll interview David Flores and what he thinks about getting pulled off her..poor bastard

Hahaha yeah fukking guy gets to ride her 3 times..Then she gets famous sucks for him!! I like Mike Smith better anyway!!

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Mine that Bird is the horse to beat, if you don't beat him you finish last...

odtw524

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    Mine that Bird is the horse to beat, if you don't beat him you finish last...
    Yeah he hasnt won a race since the Kentucky Derby and Im not suprised!!!

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lookin at Lucky, Richard's Kid, Zenyatta all closers

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

No she is not. I cant wait. All the fools who will be betting her

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Mine That Bird is in the Dirt Mile if i am not mistake and Zenyatta is the horse to beat. How can anyone say she isnt at 19-0 no one has beaten her yet. Mike Smith even said he has never even asked her to run her hardest so this will be one for the ages. Probably going to use her as a single for the p6

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    Mine That Bird is in the Dirt Mile if i am not mistake and Zenyatta is the horse to beat. How can anyone say she isnt at 19-0 no one has beaten her yet. Mike Smith even said he has never even asked her to run her hardest so this will be one for the ages. Probably going to use her as a single for the p6
    The Zenyatta fan club keeps regurgitating Mine That Bird in any way they can as a way to diminish what Rachel accomplished last year.The fact that they fail to realize that horses go off form only magnifies their ignorance.

mikemca
    Update Status

She has never ran a race fast enough to beat this field.For her to win she is going to have to run the best race of her career and hope a number of the other horses run slower than they have been.If you want to take 2-1 or less on a 6 year old mare counting on her to run a new top then have at it.I see it as an ideal situation to play against a false favorite especially in the Pick 3's,4's,and 6's.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

A closer like Zenyatta can not dictate the time of a race.What she has done is run faster than every horse she has faced.
    Most jockeys trying to beat her have tried to walk the dog early or make a middle move. That skews any final times.She adds to that by pulling herself up as soon as she makes the lead.
    Also, the system in which Beyer numbers are calculated is terribly flawed .They are flawed by the human expectation of what each individual at each track that does the calculation thinks the time of a particular race should be run in.
    Too much human element involved to be consistent .
    Way to subjective to hold water.
    I think she wins and I hope she wins.
    She is IMO the greatest closing female race horse of all time.I can not even think of who might be as good.
    Do not think you can call her the greatest female period though.
    I hate to try to compare polar opposite style horses.
    In fairness , it just does not seem like it is possible if they never faced each other.
    That said, watching Ruffian live at Monmouth Park as a two year old( Sapling) and from that point on , well, words can not begin to describe what I was fortunate enough to witness.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

I don't think she loses the race .. I think Mike Smith does that for her. I suspect she will be left with too much to do this time around ... she will get close .. but will not be able to make up the kind of ground that Mike Smith thinks she is capable of making up.

I'm guessing one of the front runners holds on here. (Even though I have Zenyatta @ 5/1) I will probably be also taking Haynesfield for a 20/80 win/place bet @ around 12/14/1
    Last edited by jw; 10-28-10 at 02:27 PM.

mikemca
    Update Status

I know as a closer she can't dictate how fast a race is run.That speaks volumes about the quality of competition she has been facing .Also I don't use beyers. Figure making has come a long way since the 70's.Thats what makes this sport great though.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I know as a closer she can't dictate how fast a race is run.That speaks volumes about the quality of competition she has been facing .Also I don't use beyers. Figure making has come a long way since the 70's.Thats what makes this sport great though.
    It sure does.
    Best of luck in the breeders cup.

ATP

dont forget blame in the closer role as well

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

You also have to see how the track is playing that day but if the pace is hot and Mike doesn't leave her with a TON of work to do on the turn for home she will mow them down

ukbro00
    ukbro00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

Zenyatta is the horse to beat...but she is definately beatable

odtw524

Quote Originally Posted by ukbro00 View Post
    Zenyatta is the horse to beat...but she is definately beatable
    Yeah she obviously has proved she is beatable 19 for 19 record...Come on man

ukbro00

Quote Originally Posted by odtw524 View Post
    Yeah she obviously has proved she is beatable 19 for 19 record...Come on man
    So, because she has never lost before means that she can't lose? Even in one of the biggest races in the world against males on dirt.

odtw524

ok but your saying as if she is going to lose but lets say she doesnt lose and she finishes her career undefeated and she beats the best in the world AGAIN...she is unbeatable. No horse is beatable until they lose...Everyone says she is beatable every race but no one has yet to beat her..Im just saying regardless she will finish one of the best horses either way
    Last edited by odtw524; 10-29-10 at 09:43 PM.

ukbro00

I agree 100%. She is the best horse right now, and will stay that way until she loses. I don't want her to lose, and I think she has a great chance to win the race. With that being said, so many things could happen in the race that might affect her chances to win.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

One to beat? Yes. One to bet? There will be some juicy prices on GOOD animals. I'll use Zenyatta in pick 3's and pick 4's if I bet those wagers. But in the win pool I'll look elsewhere.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

uhhh yes. shes going to win- like every single other race ever shes ever been in. if the odds were more favorable or beneficial then a lot less of you would've convinced yourself she is not the horse to beat.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Come Breeders Cup Day i would have no problem throwing whatever i won on Zenyatta. I feel like your going to get the best odds on an undefeated mare. How can you complain about 2-1 or 3-2 on a horse who has never lost.

odtw524

Come Breeders Cup Day i would have no problem throwing whatever i won on Zenyatta. I feel like your going to get the best odds on an undefeated mare. How can you complain about 2-1 or 3-2 on a horse who has never lost.
    2-1 beats her usual 1-5 hahah....The Breeders cup cannot come fast enough. Will be a great 2 days of racing!!!

ukbro00

Forecast says rain for day 1, which would suck and put a damper (no pun intended) on things.

Mike_79
    Mike_79's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by odtw524 View Post
    2-1 beats her usual 1-5 hahah....The Breeders cup cannot come fast enough. Will be a great 2 days of racing!!!
    Seriously. I'm bouncing off the walls here waiting for it. Just a few more days thankfully.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

She was even money last year and I was stoked when she ran that sensational come from behind race for the ages. At 2 to 1, Im all over it this year. Lookin at Lucky has the speed to take her down but not the moxie.

12 Last