Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Anyone laying (or trading) Horses at Betfair here?

Pre-race trading is cool
    Last edited by Sawyer; 10-13-10 at 07:54 AM.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

My observation of BetFair trading.

Occasionaly, a couple of minutes before post, you will see something like this. At the track a horse may be 8-1, while on the sell side of the exchange it may be 6.5-1.

So at this moment, you have an arb situation - buy at the track, sell at Betfair.

However, in 10 out of 10 cases i.e. 100% of the time, the track odds will fall to below the Betfair sell price by the time the race goes off.

Their ability at Betfair to determine the final off price of the horse at the track is unfrigginbelievable, there is so much accurate information by serious Betfair punters/gamblers I had to see it to believe it.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Well, using a program like Betangel or Geekstoy is a must. I usually trade 10 min through the start of the race. Sometimes, a favourite may be too overpriced, usually odds drift if she's too overpriced. Sometimes, odds move in other way so I trade out for a small loss.

Another important strategy I use is "Shiki Shiki Baba". I'm using Shiki Shiki baba technique, it effects my handicapping in a great away. Any trader/handicapper who wants to be succesful in horse racing should use Şiki Şiki Baba.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 10-14-10 at 05:24 AM.

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    My observation of BetFair trading.

Occasionaly, a couple of minutes before post, you will see something like this. At the track a horse may be 8-1, while on the sell side of the exchange it may be 6.5-1.

So at this moment, you have an arb situation - buy at the track, sell at Betfair.

However, in 10 out of 10 cases i.e. 100% of the time, the track odds will fall to below the Betfair sell price by the time the race goes off.

Their ability at Betfair to determine the final off price of the horse at the track is unfrigginbelievable, there is so much accurate information by serious Betfair punters/gamblers I had to see it to believe it.
    on-track pools are usually only updated every minute, whereas Betfair is REAL TIME. One of the best resources is to see which long shots Betfair punters like & which ones they think have no chance(ex: 200/1, 300/1). You can then use the more likely ones in exotics.

carparts1000
    carparts1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

sawyer, can you explain the shiki shiki baba method. thanks carparts.

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

cant bet there they wont let me

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Ya what is the shiki shiki baba technique?