picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

horse racing sure can be insane

I have been having an awesome 3 weeks and yesterday was just strange. I usually just put anywhere from $50 to $100 in my account at a time and just withdraw the rest back when I win. Anyway, last night I had like $20 bucks back and was gonna call it a day so I played a small field with the longest shot on the board first in a 10 cent super with everything below it. Interestingly enough it went from 47-1 to 19-1 in the last minute of betting. Anyway 4 horses came around the final turn. With about 30 feet left one of the horses started to fall back and the fave passed by horse with about 25 feet to go. I knew that was a loss. The horse that was in 4th around the turn suddenly got its rockets going and flew down the right side by both horses but then swerved to the left colliding with the fave and causing the jockey to stand straight up in his saddle. The fave nearly stopped and my longshot barely beat him to get 2nd. Well there was an inquiry and the horse that won was taken down and placed 3rd so I moved up to first off what was a sure 3rd place finish. I think it paid a couple hundred or something like that.

The next race there was no 10 cent super so I just did a joke super for $1 with something like a 12/9/7,2/7,2. The 12 was around 9/1, the 9 was around 9/5, the 7 was around 8/1, and the 2 was something like 5/1. I also placed some win/place on the 12 and a 12-9 perfecta. Given the odds I was not expecting anything. The horses are coming around the turn and the 2,7,9, and 12 were in the first 4 places and the rest of the field was about a dozen paces back so now I am interested but things have to be perfect. Suddenly the 12 takes off and gets about a 4 length lead with half the final stretch to go. It starts to tire and the 9 is roaring up and I can see the entire rest of the field coming on too. The 7 and 2 will not place in the first 2 so I am watching the 9 rush 12 and the field rush the 7,2. Well everyone hangs on and the super pays $2700 for $1 and the exacta is $100 which I had a few times.

You gotta love horse racing. You can get pounded race and after race but it only takes 1 race to get your right out of the hole. I am up around 7k just this month alone so am quite happy.

Texas Star
    Texas Star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

You are so right on with this post picantel. That is all i play (exotic's) & have had great success. Sure, i'm not going to winn every day, but like you said, 1 big hit is all it takes. I started out with a balance of $100 2 years ago, now i'm up over $20,000. Alot of people don't like to play exotic's in horse racing, but they will play parlays & teasers in football or basketball. Anyway, nice hit & good luck at the track.

robdel
    robdel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4374

Nice hit picantel. I play and love the exotics for all the above reasons.

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

a little bit of money can go a long way

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice hit picantel. it just goes to show you, the sun doesn't shine up one dogs behind all day long.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

nice one!

Tien
    Tien's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeahhhhhhhhhh good job!!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

nice story. to bad it seems you didn't handicap it.