Monkerhostin Each Way
This is a classic Cheltenham race which has provided young upcoming chasers with their first big win and battle hardened old timers with their last big hurrah. This year i'm going for an old warhorse to have his last big swansong. Monkerhostin has been a real star for connections and the highlight was last year when he was a 10 length 4th to Kauto Star in the Gold Cup. He has been kept pretty fresh this year and has run creditably in his 2 races this year being 3 lengths 3rd in the Charlie Hall, and 2 lengths 3rd in the Boylesports chase in December. He is 2nd top weight here and has a few "young uns" to beat, noticeably the Pipe trained favourite An Accordian. The trends in this race have ben to go with decent form horses, and last years 50/1 shock winner Joes Edge still acheived a RPR of 140., so if you can effectively narow the field down you're in with a better shout of finding the winner. I like Monkerhostin, and Hobbs would have ensured he comes here with a fighting chance, I am happy to weigh in with a decent each way punt as he is very good material to place, and could well get up the hill to win.

Monkerhostin 2 points each way at 14/1 1/4 odds a place 1,2,3,4

Pick : Monkerhostin EACH WAY 4.00 Cheltenham
Odds : 15.00
Stake : 4 / 10
Bookmaker : Paddy Power
Date : 2008-03-11
Match Result :