Osana Race Winner
The main race on day 1 is the champion hurdle, and as ever we have a fascinating renewal of the race won last year by Sublimity. This fellow goes again for a second chapion, and he is attractively priced at 5/1, his connections are bullish about his chances and I would not put anyone off backing him. The favourite is Sizing Europe ( another Irish trained horse ) and rightly so, he has won his last 2 races, including beating my tip on his penultimate start, he has the right profile, and many are expecting a big run.

My tip however I am taking to beat the irish at their own game and bring it back to these shores for the first time since 2003 and Rooster Booster. David pipe trains Osana, and you can be assured that his dad Martin has given him a helping hand, as he trained a couple of champion hurdle winners in the shape of Make a Stand and Granville Again. Osana fits a similar profile to Make a Stand as he has come via the handicap route. He is a young progressive horse, who would have been given a fair bit to work on for this race. He has had a great prep for the race this season with only 2 runs this season. His first was in the Greatwood hurdle at Cheltenham where he was beaten 4 lengths by the fav Sizing Europe. The reason why I think my tip can turn table is beacuse it was his first run of the year and may have needed the outing, and my tip was giving the winner 6lbs and he was beaten 4 lengths. In the champion hurdle they are off level weights, so you could argue that Osana has the beating of him off the weights. His second run of the season was on the Boylesports hurdle ( also at Cheltenham ) where he won very well by 8 lengths from Katchit, with Sublimity back in 4th.

So Osana has the beating of all the major principleshere and at the odds represents good value. I have already had a big lump on antepost and will be topping up tomorrow.

Pick : Osana to win 3.15 Cheltenham
Odds : 7.00
Stake : 7 / 10
Bookmaker : SportingBet
Date : 2008-03-11