Deep Purple Each Way
The wait is finally over. The best betting event of the entire year is upon us, and I can't wait to get stuck in. You can keep your football, tennis, cricket and snooker betting. For me this is the pinnacle of my gambling year. I love it. There is nothing quite like Cheltenham. Aintree and Ascot are good, but don't hold a candle to Prestbury Park in March. It is now a 4 day festival, and it has not diminshed the action in anyway shape or form.

All rules of gambling generally go out of the window at this meeting, and I will doubtless have a bet in every race, but with a sensible staking plan, and some awe inspring bets about, I fully expect to make a profit over the 4 day period, just as I did last year.

When the tapes go up at 2pm, there will be a massive roar as the Supreme Novices hurdle signifies the start of the festival. It is always one of the trickiest races to start of with, and this year is no exception. I am selecting the Evan Williams trained Deep Purple. My selection has had a great season so far winning 4 out of his 5 races this season, he has a progressive profile, and being by the amazing Halling, he has a touch of clas and spped from the flat. Last time out he was beaten by the Paul Nicholls trained Breedsbreeze in the best english trial for this event ( Tolworth Hurdle ), the ground was a little sticky that day which may have inconvenienced him a little, and he will not encounter ground that testing here. Connections know what it takes to win this, as they had the winner in Hors La Loi a few years ago, and they have him on a similar par to that Champion hurdle winning horse. All in all he is a great each way bet to start things off tomorrow. Of the others, I think Muirhead and Cork All Star have the best chances of the irish, and at a very big price (66/1) I may have a small each way dabble on Quartano.

Deep Purple 3 points EACH WAY @14/1 1/4 odds a place 1,2,3,4

Pick : Deep Purple 3 points EACH WAY 2.00 Cheltenham
Odds : 15.00
Stake : 6 / 10
Bookmaker : BlueSQ
Date : 2008-03-11