dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

try this formula for a truer % speed figure.

this formula ,from a friend of mine who has since passed many years ago will give you a truer figure for todays
    average speed.i would suggest using figures for the same distance & surface.
    you will need at least 3 figures to work with,5 or more figures will be better.
    subtract the two highest figures and the two lowest figures,then average out the rest to get a single figure.
    i use this all the time & get better handicapping tool as a result.
    good luck.

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

all figures lie but good luck

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

I generally take the last three figures that are within 1 furlong of todays trip and average those out .... less work - pretty much the same results. works best for sprint races - non-maidens - with no first time starters. Sloppy track is a no-no.

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by dugbug15 View Post
    this formula ,from a friend of mine who has since passed many years ago will give you a truer figure for todays
    average speed.i would suggest using figures for the same distance & surface.
    You will need at least 3 figures to work with,5 or more figures will be better.
    Subtract the two highest figures and the two lowest figures,then average out the rest to get a single figure.
    I use this all the time & get better handicapping tool as a result.
    Good luck.
    in the system i created and i use, i have 25 steps for each horse in each race and that is one of my 25 steps that i do use it helps sometimes