BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

More hated by trainers&bettors,Baffert or D.Wayne Lucas?

Who is less liked by fellow trainers,Lucas or Baffert?

By Bettors,Lucas or Baffert?

Who is more arrogant,controversial with a bigger ego?

Lucas is from my neck of the woods and was a basketball coach.He trained at a defunct track called Park Jefferson in South Dakota that I went to quite a bit.Kind of humble beginnings.Where his kid that got attacked by the horse and almost killed?

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

between the two id say Lukas is more liked, never heard of people really hating them, they get bad press from time to time when things go bad, but thats the business-

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

As a bettor, Baffert put legitimate horses out when you see Gomez riding, but i havent been burned by him too bad.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Who the hell is D. wayne Lukas? He hasn't had an impact on the sport for a decade.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

BB wins races. Lukas has struggled for awhile. Both have had wonderful careers. I don't hate either one as a horse player.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Part of being a good trainer is putting your horse in favorable spots to win.What form your horse is in depends on how tough a race he/she should be in.I think Lukas has completely lost his knack for race selection.He is putting his horses in way above their head and as a result has been doing horrible.For example today Lukas has Flying Private,who is a pretty good horse,going in one of the tougher 56k Allowance races I've seen(Race 6 at Churchill).Just look at Flying Private's past performance and you will see what I mean.He put him in the derby,preakness,and Belmont after finishing 5th in the arkansas derby.Then following the belmont he starts his 4 yr old campaign by dropping him into a 37.5 k allowance which he was way the best.He probably could have won a lot of money on the derby,preakness,and belmont undercard but he either steps them too far up in class or drops them way below their class.Mostly to far up in class thats why he is losing.BTW I like the 2 horse Zimmer in that race as the 3rd choice there should be some value.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

The majority of horseman would choose Lukas over Baffert in a popularity contest.
    BTW, Lukas's son was not attacked by a horse,he was run over by a loose horse that was running quite fast.He was trying to flag the horse down and the horse ran right through him.Terrible accident . Darn near killed him.