Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Youbet.com reviews

Anyone use this service? Was thinking about it for the Gulfstream meeting.

I know the monthly charges, but does it cost anything to set up the EFT deposit/withdrawl method and to make transactions?

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont worry if you have account with bris(twinspires)got off the phone with them and they will have SA,GP,OP and some more and probably get SAR and a few others they dont have listed

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

I have a youbet account.Its ok. However I prefer xpressbet. No wagering fees and the streaming quality is better. If you wager a fair ammount the fees are waived at youbet. I wouldn't discourage trying it if thats the only option available in your state. All of them are basically the same thing.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

The first 60 days on Youbet is free ... After that if you wager $350 in a month you get a free month and $2500 in a year a free year ... I've never paid a fee.

With Youbet you get all kinds of free stats, video, replays etc

They also have a rewards program.

A feature they have that no one else has as far as I know is you can cancel a bet.

It doesn't cost to set up EFT transfers.
    Last edited by kdmfox; 12-07-07 at 07:02 AM.

Seattle Slew

Thanks for the feedback.

Seattle Slew

Looks like they don't offer Gulfstream.

Seattle Slew

Looks like Twinspires is my best option. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bbyhill View Post
    Dont worry if you have account with bris(twinspires)got off the phone with them and they will have SA,GP,OP and some more and probably get SAR and a few others they dont have listed

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hey guys, I was thinking of joining, I really love the extra features that Youbet and Xpressbet offer. I was leery of having to give out my social security number though. I guess it's just for verification being in the states and all.

Seattle Slew

That's 100 percent legit. I think they need it in case you score a big ticket, so they can deduct the appropriate taxes.

I'm looking at twinspires and thinking that's the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionSky View Post
    Hey guys, I was thinking of joining, I really love the extra features that Youbet and Xpressbet offer. I was leery of having to give out my social security number though. I guess it's just for verification being in the states and all.

OrionSky

Does twinspires offer live video streams? Do they accept cc's?

bbyhill

Does twinspires offer live video streams? Do they accept cc's?
    yes they have live video streams and offer free race replays free pp's from bris as long as you make a wager on 1 race you got the pp's for and they accept cc's

OrionSky

Twinspires will not accept a New Jersey resident.

bbyhill

That sucks just like I cant get Xpress bet here in OK even thow Remington is a MEC track.I would call them and see if you could be elgible in the future

OrionSky

Yeah strange these state laws. That's a good idea about calling. I'll check out both youbet and xpressbet next. Have Saturday off and since there are no college foots to distract me, hoping to get some nice plays in.

danperkins
    danperkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have YouBet as I place the occasional horse bet on slow NBA+NCAA days. However, when I open up a live video stream 1 it says that "Video Can Not Be Shown" and says Windows Media Player needs to sync burn or record.....must shut down. Has anyone else had this problem or is it something with my computer. I have version 11 of Windows Media Player and downloaded the files for YouBet...

Any help would be well appreciated.

OrionSky

Well, since I live in a state that does not allow ANY of these...I'm just stuck using off shore books. I liked the live feeds that they offered.

Seattle Slew

The states thing is really hurting these operations. I thought the legislation passed was supposed to help horse racing expand Internet betting?

Well, since I live in a state that does not allow ANY of these...I'm just stuck using off shore books. I liked the live feeds that they offered.

OrionSky

I thought horse racing was protected with its own regulations and being legal here in the states I don't know why its a problem online when I can go to an OTB.

trifectabx
    trifectabx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Orion, I have 3 different accounts. I'm w/ TVG, Xpressbet and recently I joined twinspires. They need your SS so when you hit anything over $600 they can let the IRS know about it. They don't deduct anything. The amount you won will just be added to you income for the end of the year. Except if you hit anything over $5K then 25% uncle sam takes. Good luck bud.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

Im With Twin Spire They Are Great

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Perkins I've experienced similiar issues with Youbet. After much struggle I managed to get the streaming. However at peek times I would get error messages as to why the streaming was not working. I just chalked it up to high volume.
    My comuper setup works perfectly for Xpressbet. For tvg I can't use foxfire but with windows explorer it works fine.