Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Turf Paradise

Bet this track today because I was home and bored. Always some overpriced favorites that tank. The tough part is so little money in the pools but we can't wait until 1 minute to post, and the odds change dramatically. 3 minutes to post I bet a horse who was 4-1. When he won, the final odds were 7-5.

Same at Mountaineer Tuesday night. I bet a horse at 9-5 with 3 minutes left. Right when they were entering the gate, he went to 2-1. Once they sprang the gates, he went to the lead and was 7-5. By the time he hit the wire 1st, he was 3-5!! I thought I was getting $6 to win and ended up getting $3.20.

Kinda reminds me of when I was playing greyhound racing when I was 18.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I hear you loud and clear Slew, so annoying. You'd think it would balance out also, like if you played a decent priced horse, and some favorite was being pounded at the last minute, then you'd get a great overlay on your long shot. Forget it! It's the kiss of death, when a horse you bet on that's 12-1 three minutes to post and ends up going off at 30-1, guranteed that this horse will be nowhere to be seen! More exchanges are needed, so you can lock up a price.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Turf Paradise has always been a crooked track. But I think the real reason is that they add the East Coast money while the race is running. At least that is what I have been told.